The Magic of de-mezzing

M

Molten Lava

New patch, new spells.....damn I (lvl 48 sorc) thought.....people get de-mezz now so my mezz will be even less usefull.....and do they really think I have 3 seconds during rvr to de-mezz one single person....heheh I'm dead 9 out of 10 times before I can even QC anything....(being main target etc)

But....last night..nice wall fight in Emain and guess what...I just stood back...watching the "brave" albs get mezzed under the wall by hibs on the other side....and.....I DEMEZZED people...some actually saying "thanks, you saved my life" so I was doing the normal sorc thing for my realm (was mezzing, now de-mezzing) earning exactely 0 RP's while others are farming them....but hey....it felt good to help my fellow albs.....

BUT (yes there has to be a whine in every post :) ) after we charged I thought...: what the heck..time to test my new matter DD...so I hit a few hibs, actually got some RP's and was happy...till some hib mezzed me....and I saw all the clerics, mezzers etc run past me NOT demezzing....charging and farming RP's.....of course I got one shotted for 998 damage so I died,...albs won the fight and.....DIDNT Ress me....clerics walking by just leaving me there....so after having spammed 500 /y's I decided to release (albs went to some keep I think) and not to come back...

So pls...this is not a whine (well it is a little :) ) I would love to de-mezz your arses out there....but pls think of that when you see that dead sorc eating dirt or when you see the sorc that cant move because he is mezzed.....take the 3 seconds to demezz him so he can cast some dd's too (or even de-mezz you 30 seconds later :) and earn 1k RP's in one evening....

Hope you will perform better out there tonight :)

....your de-mezzing friend "Anything Mezzed", the lvl 48 sorc

EDIT: btw see what happened almost all sorcs respecced to less mind (=mezz) and more damage (matter/body) that's not a good sign I think...sorcs want to farm too! :)

B

bf_kate

Clerics don't have cure mez. I don't understand why anyone would run past a dead sorcerer though :(

M

Molten Lava

oops

ok, lol sorry about the whining about clerics not de-mezzing then....:)

N

nanorch

Originally posted by bf_kate
I don't understand why anyone would run past a dead sorcerer though :(

because dear Katey a dead sorc means the fights just begun and the lil ol' sorc can be ressed laters, the rp harvest has begun, no time to res slackarmour, he/she's done their bit ;)

excluding yourself of course :)

F

Flimgoblin

Anything needs a group really :(

then you can look after yer own folks and they'll get you some nice RP :)

O

old.BJ|Bored

lots of ppl play with effects off so tbh cant tell if some1s messed / paralysed / being a stupid alb and standing there watching ;)

basically maybe try get a standard like if your messed just jump up and down loads or make a macro 'im messed help!' or summat so minstrels can see

I say minstrels as at wall fights we dont have much range attacks so just psong the nukers/healers in the grp.

A

Apathy

Pfft...something else to look forward to.

In addition to people screaming "WHY DIDN'T YOU MEZZ!!!!!!!!!" they will now be screaming "WHY DIDN'T YOU DEMEZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

I've used it a few times at DC and AMG and it's very erotic, though. Mmm.

a.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

I will make my sorc full mind, so even the nerfing of my aoe mezz will still keep those hib and mid scum entertained for a bit...
And as for demezzing, I doubt it... Maybe if I have too much time, but I will spend most of my time just mezzing those I can... maybe demezzing clerics, and wizards, but that would be it :p
Regards, Glottis

PS. After a fight, sure :p

M

Molten Lava

lol

was thinking the same....people dont ress sorcs during battle, most of the time they do after battle (when all RP's are farmed) So I think I'll start de-mezzing AFTER battles....only thing that kept me de-mezzing (also today) is the few people pm-ing me "thanks you saved my ars out there" which brings me to a new question....do you see "you have been de-mezzed by ......."??

D

Danya

Nope the mez just stops having effect, there's no visual clue at all that you've been demezzed. :rolleyes:

M

medowind

other than the stupidly visable "hay look at me im a minsteral" green waves

D

drunkard

love our sorcs. I will do anything and everything I can to protect our sorcs.

Regardless of whether or not they are in my grp I will always do my best to slam any fucker who goes for a sorc. I can't believe you dont get rezzed, if I was a cleric my first priority would be to rez sorcs.

N

nanorch

Originally posted by drunkard
I can't believe you dont get rezzed........

believe it.

With the exception of one or two clerics I know of personally who are pro-Sorc-survival even to the detriment of other members of /gc or group-in-general, Sorc's are , imo, considered disposable until res is convenient i.e. battle over, time to ghetto res the Sorc and go again phase.

And in fairness, its a lot to ask sometimes. Let me put this in to perspective: I've been in medium sized battles with a lvl 50 bot in tow spamming heals, insta, while 2 lvl 50 clerics pump heals into me and guess what? I still die way too many times for it to be fun to play. Can't blame the players all the time, despite very best efforts, Sorc's, as primary and most effective cc class, WILL die first and fastest every time.

Some of the tactics to protect Sorcs/casters are effective in fg v. fg, in a zerg chaos reigns supreme and situational awareness goes out the window and is very difficult to control.

Until it's a fun RvR class I'll be mostly sticking to PvE from time to time.

My 2c.

But your sentiment is well received Drunkard ;)

F

feldeshadowbane

Originally posted by drunkard
love our sorcs. I will do anything and everything I can to protect our sorcs.

Regardless of whether or not they are in my grp I will always do my best to slam any fucker who goes for a sorc. I can't believe you dont get rezzed, if I was a cleric my first priority would be to rez sorcs.

I agree, sorcerers are very important to keep alive and res as fast as you can but its hard to choose what to do sometimes. If the rest of the group is still in battle and a cleric sees hp drop on any of his other groupmates it is hard to ressurect because someone else needs healing. One cannot ressurect and heal at the same time. That's why many dead become angry, it seems like clerics just run by, ignoring them but they are most likely trying to get in range to heal one of their groupmates (not always, I know).

Another problem is that a good res takes pretty much power so its hard sometimes if there is a battle close by and your groupmates are running towards it. Stop and res and have little power to heal or heal and res when fight is over? As you can see, its hard sometimes to choose what to do.

Still, I agree that there are some people who does not res enough (myself included sometimes in the height of battle but Im better at it now)

P

[PS]Venom

I always try and rezz, but being a paladin it's not a wonderful rez. If I see someone down 9 times out of 10 I'll bring them back up unless my group is getting completly hammered.

S

sigh

From a paladins point of veiw

From a paladins point of veiw

Group - gets mezzed- Good hib/mid group will wipe the sorc out in seconds!

Paladin - not even worth using purge at this point becuase your draw attention to your self, and get someone on you! you dont want that>

<Mezz wears off, with good body chant, this mezz willl be reduced somewhat, and its good if the bard uses his insta, he or his m8's cant get the uber mezz in>

Paladin - Ghetto rezz's the sorc

Plaldin - Use's FH<which heals sorc to fulll, and helps rest of the group>

Sorc - Uses Mcl

Sorc - Place's a nice mezz

You win

<This is depending on how aware the enemy group is aware of the sorcs status, normally best to have more than one cloth wearer in a group, to give the enemy tanks something to think about<albion casters stick out, this our biggest downfall as a realm, imho><Friars add confusion, and can wack anything to a pile of rotting flesh in seconds, i like:), Parlain pionted out that the base line resist can be stacked with pala chants, I like even more:)>
<also depending on how quick you get the sorc up, do it straight away, and then get the other caster up>
<also depending on how well your off. tank/tanks perform inturpting>

Just on a side note-

Robe wearers if you want to improve your surival rate, dye your epics black or another colour which obscures, you are shouting your class's to the enemy, not clever!

If you are trying defend sorc v Hibs best to have 2 defensive tanks- in a group defending the cc - the pbt makes it a night mare to get a slam in, normally allowing the tank to hit happpliy away at the sorc, it best normallly to do a unstyled strike and then slam, but its still 2 slow if you find 2 tanks on the cc which is often the case

<obvisously it is better not to let your sorc go down at all:p>

The Fc tanks in the form of Farek and Parlain do this well, they have a wikid healer in the form of Noret, always keeping there cc alive

Anyways i feel i could go on for another couple of pages, but this is turning into one of those post's which everyone flicks past, and thinks fook that:)

Sighfi -BF-

D

-Dreama-

yeah, FC tanks usually keep me alive long enough to get a few good mezzes off, and when I do die I almost always get a rezz within seconds...that is when I travel with FC...most other tanks and clerics let me lie there untill they have all the RPs they can get, then they either wander off and farm some more or rezz me with a shitty rezz, leaving me alone in the wilderness to be killed within a few min (no hp and no power).

I won't respec, I like my mezzes, even if they are nerfed now.

as for demezzing, well...it's going to be a hard choice, of course the clerics and tanks who keep me alive during most battles will always get a demezz from me, but those guys who just run over my dead body to farm will usually stay mezzed while I either get a few rp myself or am demezzing others.

basically, if you're in RvR and you want a demezz, you better think of your friendly sorc when he is dead or needs defending, or next time he sees you mezzed, you just might stay that way.

S

Spyf

Well spoken

Originally posted by -Dreama-

basically, if you're in RvR and you want a demezz, you better think of your friendly sorc when he is dead or needs defending, or next time he sees you mezzed, you just might stay that way.

O

old.Second

reminds me of a theurgs life... EVERYONE want eb/haste/bt in rvr but noone want to invite me to grp:p

So now i usualy say "no sorry need mana for myself" when peeps ask for eb and say they dont need a theurg in grp=) Peeps even start yelling bad words at me when i dont buff them because thats a theurgs job they say:p

T

Treniel-

i got myself a sheild spec so i can keep u alive to dreama :p

Sorcs are the single most important player in any alb grp..without a ae mess vs hibs or mids u will most often die even a sorc whos been ressed even by a paladin can get mana back to mess in seconds...

ress them fs :)

S

Spyf

Another well spoken

Originally posted by Treniel-

Sorcs are the single most important player in any alb grp..without a ae mess vs hibs or mids u will most often die even a sorc whos been ressed even by a paladin can get mana back to mess in seconds...

ress them fs :)

D

-Dreama-

And for gods sake say thank you!

I spent 2 min and ALL my power at amg demezzing (which means no rp) and only got one thanks, however, I did get about 50 /y demezz me ffs...
made me want to take my demezz back off my quickbar for the rest of the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom