The Lowest of the Low

Dyna_Mite

Fledgling Freddie
My friend has just been hacked for the second time on his WOW :(
In my opinion something should be done about this the people that do these things are the lowest of the low everything that has taken him so long to achieve have just been taken away, i feel so sorry for him and the ones that did this they are the lowest scum on this earth !!
And also the keyloggers who do this are on WOW own website, surely they can do something about that!!

Clown

Part of the furniture
Charging people to play a computer game? That's the lowest of the low.

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Not managing to have a secure computer kinda sucks, But blame it on official wow site is low.

Dyna_Mite

Fledgling Freddie
Well i am sorry you all are so unsympathetic it was a link he clicked on the official website it has been proved, it has happened before, and his comp is protected ,anyway why waste my time on people who don't care about their fellow players :/
You are as bad as the people who stole his items, plus how would you like to farm for 72 days collecting for epic and have it taken away by some low life, enough said i am wasting my breath, all of you have fun and i hope it never happens to you :(
Please mode deleat this post no one cares!!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
it was a link he clicked on the official website it has been proved, it has happened before, and his comp is protected

Can you prove this?

what sucks is the people who hack the accounts, cant use most of the items so they disenchant them and trade the items...or just sell them

Gray

FH is my second home
The WoW forums are a haven for Keyloggers the past few months, i know there is threads from the Moderator/Blues which do state not to click weird looking weblinks.

Theyre obvious 9/10 of the time, but i have come close once or twice to clicking them, best option is to thread the posts below the suspicious link to see what they say on it...

I was under the impression they were going to see about disabling links in posts, but that may have been for trial accounts and stuff

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Links on a forum isn't official unless its made by a blue post.
And clicking everythign you see on the forum, and then think blizzard should check every post or something is abit naive I think. Tho I can imagine it can suck to loose you epix.

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
he didnt get 'hacked', he was prolly stupid enough to follow a dodgy link/ download unofficial file

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Lazy internet security strikes again.

Idiot "someone nicked my car"
Friend "blimey thats rough mate"
Idiot "i know i just can't believe it"
Friend "any idea how they did it"
Idiot "no, not a clue, i just left it in a council estate with the doors unlocked, windows open and the keys in the ignition and came back an hour later and it was gone"
Friend *SLAP*

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
And also the keyloggers who do this are on WOW own website, surely they can do something about that!!

late reply but meh :)

they are doing things about it. but as you probably know theres ALOT of new threads popping up every minute. and the forum staff cant check them all instantly. and there IS that big page popping up that clearly states that it CAN be a keylogger that u klicked on and ASKS you if you want to proceed. and they also provide the FULL adress on the link u clicked on that page to.

if you still go to that website there aint a whole lot blizzard can do about it.

just dont EVER click on a link from blizzard forum unless its made by a blue poster. and i wouldn't even trust the posters below the link as they could just as well be him or his mates playing along.

Syri

FH is my second home
general rule of thumb, if it's not to a website I've heard of, e.g. photobucket, then i won't follow the link. There's only 2 ways that blizzard could get rid of the links before anyone could potentially follow them and get infected, either by approving EVERY submitted post on the forums, or by removing links altogether. Both very extreme measures. Instead, they went for the realistic compromise, place a security warning on there, and allow people to report suspicious links for a moderator to investigate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom