[ARCHMAGE] The look

Nate

FH is my second home
Does anyone actually like it? I think it's bland and doesn't get anywhere near the creative/coolness of other Careers, the Mythic gear doesn't seem to get better either. I might stick a postit note over my char and draw a smiley, would look much better imo! Most Careers seem to have one defining thing about their look(WH - hat, WE - bikini, Eng - Gun, Zea - Skirt etc), I can't see what it is in the Archmage maybe thats the problem..nothing stands out and says hey..I'm an Archmage because I have this...

What would you do to make the Archmage look a little more interesting? I think the following would be a start at least:

• A lot more detail in the robes,
  • Use of nature icons/indicators, we're supposed to be one with nature! Why do we have jewels all over the place!!!
  • Bigger helmets! With more angled metally bits.
  • Dyable jewels, we have so many of them but they all have to be red :(
  • A rework on pretty much all graphical effects of abilities(except laser beam eyes..that works :)) I remember hearing Paul say Archmages have the "Greatest special effects in the game"..I have to say either Paul got confused or that was complete bull. A few energy fiddly stuff doesn't look anywhere near as good as some of the things you see Zealots/Bright Wizards pull off. I'd like to see more natural magics.
  • While we're on the subject of that video, it doesn't seem like we're the Career Paul thinks we are either. We don't draw magic and use it against enemies/allies or on the 1 or 2 abilities that we do, they aren't something that defines the Career.

Here's what Paul had to say.

YouTube - Warhammer online Archmage

Bit miffed myself.

Anyway, add, discuss, and post!

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
My female Archmage runs like a male one.

I suggest to make taller than a Witch Elf, as naked, but with two staffs instead of one. The mount should be replaced by Jessica Alba crouching or on a chain.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Some armour pieces look cool, but only in the sense of the sleeves having a flared effect. I found the layout of the colours is not very nice. Even dying them made me think that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom