The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

R

rynnor

Despite all the bad reviews I really enjoyed this film - the concept of bringing a new lease of life to a bunch of literary heros n villains was great and the backdrops/effects were all on the ball creating the fantastic 1899 atmosphere.

Its your basic action film romp with never a dull moment - I'll have to try and find the graphic novel the films based on...

L

leggy

I really really disliked this film. It epitomises everything I hate about hollywood blockbusters.

I never laughed at any of the corny jokes and found it generally dull.

W

whipped

The film is cheesy to say the least. Please, please do not avoid the comics simply because of the film though.

Book 1 | Book 2 (Not yet released as a graphic novel)

book 2 is even better than book one, bringing invaders from mars and Dr. Morea into the world that Alan Moore has created.

If you can't wait for Book 2, then scans of the single comics are availble if you know where to look.

S

Stazbumpa

Originally posted by leggy
I really really disliked this film. It epitomises everything I hate about hollywood blockbusters.

I never laughed at any of the corny jokes and found it generally dull.

Fun. Has it ever visited its properties upon you?

I liked the movie, although the apparant dislike between cast members and the director did show up in the movie. Not a great movie, but good fun and enjoyable.

M

Meatballs

It was kind of enjoyable the first time, (the mister hyde transformations are cool), but watching again, it makes you want to cry :)

L

leggy

Originally posted by Stazbumpa
Fun. Has it ever visited its properties upon you?

Sorry just my opinion.

It was a really fucking shit film and would easily insult the intelligence of an FFXI forumite.

O

old.Dillinja

Every person I've talked to who has seen this film has said it is complete shit. One of my mates walked out after half an hour and asked for his money back.

A

adams901

wasnt as bad as kill bill, but I definatly wont be buying the DVD.

Ill buy the real thing (X-men 2) instead.

L

~Lazarus~

got the dvd - watched it.

~Now have a spare coaster cos I wont be watching it again

M

~Mobius~

Originally posted by leggy
and would easily insult the intelligence of an FFXI forumite.

Oi! That was uncalled for. :p

S

splitreason.com

I've read the original graphic novel, and the movie is a piece of crap compared to it. Do yourself a favor, read the graphic novel and you'll see how much they screwed up the story in the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom