The Last Samurai

Astfgl

Fledgling Freddie
Wow!

Saw the Last Samurai last night, and it was bloody fantastic!

I advise watching it to anyone who doesn't mind sitting in an uncomfortable chair for 3.5 hours.

Well worth the 1.5 hour journey to the nearest available showing. :cheers:

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
so 6.5 hours just to go see one film? bloody hell man!

shanks

Fledgling Freddie
Nice movie indeed. It feelt very "real" so to say even though they shot in New Zeeland I really got the japanese feel. Beautiful photo and good acting. Soundtrack is nice too. Loved the last battlescene.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Great production, good direction, but cliched and bollocks.

Fun to watch, but no real depth or substance to it.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Just watched it - visually great film and I really enjoyed it, very dodgy politics though.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
A good entertaining film. I'd describe it as a cross between Glory and Dance's with Wolves, but don't let that put you off.

If you want to see this film and want one good reason, then read the spolier.

Ninjas!!! Ninjas!!! Just like those out of Bad Dudes Vs. Dragonninja! Class!

Clown

Part of the furniture
It's invisible, wouldn't be much of a spoiler if it wasn't!!

Astfgl

Fledgling Freddie
I'm actually off to see it again tonight.

Stazbumpa hasn't seen it yet... shall I ruin it for him? ;)

Nah, better not... he'd kill me. With a big stick! :twak:

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Going to watch it tonight, quite looking forward to it. I've heard Cruise plays a brilliant part.

Lam

Fledgling Freddie
Looks like it's time to go to the movies since I've heard a lot of good things about The Last Samurai.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Am I the only person who's heard a lot of shit things?

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Well watched it last night i thought it as brilliant, well worth a watch. Only problem was i could'nt stop going to the toilet for a piss which was annoying to say the least, having to guage when a boring bit was and leg it to the toilet and back without missing any of the "good" bits :)

Milkshake

Loyal Freddie
Very good film, I usually avoid Tom Cruise ones like the plague (apart from Top Gun, me and a mate still do the "You never close your eyes" bit in the bar), but this one was superb.

I might not avoid TC so much now. Hell, I might even reply to some of his texts.

leggy

Probably Scottish
I felt he over acted at the inital japanese negotiation scene (at the table). After that I couldnt really fault him.

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
Was alot better then i was expecting. Battle scenes are really well done.

Well worth a watch.

Tsjiep

Loyal Freddie
Dunno if anyone said this yet as i cant be bothered to read all the comments, but the theme of the movie is not that original (think Dances with Wolves and Shogan) Other than that I had a great time watching it.

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
i saw it ages ago only pick i had with it was the erm wats that actors name hmmm the main actor anyway hes such a twat that was the only let down in the film...

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
Conchabar said:
i saw it ages ago only pick i had with it was the erm wats that actors name hmmm the main actor anyway hes such a twat that was the only let down in the film...

Fantastically thought out and well put view.

Loved every second of it. Didn't feel like I had been in the cinema for as long as I had. Fight scenes were amazing. The feel of the film was near perfect, as was the acting. As soon as I got back from the cinema I dug out Shogun - Total War and started a new game ;)

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Nnngh, i got really bored with this. Kept on staring at my watch, wondering when it would end. It just didn't really grab me by the balls, though some parts were really interesting, i just couldn't escape the feeling that i'd seen it all before.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Some cnut on here posted a bit of the ending (although I can't swear to it, having not seen the film).

If it was true, and I went to watch the film, then I'd hate it. I can't be doing with knowing -anything- about a film before watching it. (Other than a general "what it's about" type thing).

:(

Moving Target

Fledgling Freddie
I thought it was quite good, despite the ending which dragged on slightly, but that's the only thing I didn't like about it. Very good battle scenes.

Otto

Fledgling Freddie
Just came home from watching it and its just a wonderfull movie, made me cry about 10 times.

Almost like watching Shogun again.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Went to see it last night.

Went in with the attitude of "bleh .. tom cruise in a dances with wolves style film, probably bollocks" and came out with the attitude of "holy christ, one of the best films i've ever seen".

I was totally gripped in places, the fight scenes were amazing, the political theme was great, tom cruise injected so much believable drama....

... just go and fcuking see it if it's the last thing you do - brilliant film.

My girlfriend was in tears at parts, and i admit i had to choke them back at parts.

G

old.user4556

Just realised the email alerts still reveal what's inside the spoiler tags, might be an idea to put spoilers at the bottom of an email so that it's not previewed in the email notification.

G

L_Plates

Fledgling Freddie
Dunno why but after all the good things said about this film i found it a crock of shit. :(

NVM

old.user4556

I can see why it might not appeal to people though, that's why i was worried my girlfriend was gonna hate it. She used to be into stupid, fluffy teen "clueless" type films (she's only 18) but she loved it.

It's a bit like matrix revolutions, some people loved it; i thought it was so bad I thought it was actually a comedy and probably one of the worst films ever made.

All down to personal taste ;)

G

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom