The King of Albion

A

Arthwyr

-The work on a decently planned raid is humongous.
-Being asked to sort differences between ppl cause someone thinks both will listen to U is alot of work.
-Taking control on a battlefield and doing an effort to get everybody to listen and NOT do stupid things is stressing (certainly in albion)
-Running a guild is alot of work

So you want a King who does all of that :) Good luck finding him

F

Flimgoblin

Hrm... I'll back the current King if there's a coup led by just the players...

He's got the Master Wizards etc. on his side ;)

Would you wanna go up against the wizards in the Academy?

That said, I'm sure there's some on the inside that would support an uprising of some kind (the Guild of Shadows have a wonderful community spirit...) if only to create some chaos.

Hrm pit the Academy against the king, steal the throne whilst noone's looking.

C

Clavius

gb.jpg

K

Karam_gruul

hmm im not sure if u can be god and king at the same time, but i'd give it a go

C

Cerverloc

If Karam becomes king I would have to assassinate him. Death to the king hail the new Order!!!!

X

--xion--

nah the idea is mad and will not work :p ppl will start the game and wont even know about a king..they might even take the piss outta the guy ..so dont get too greedy now :p

O

old.Ramas

if there is one
what does he have to do ?

Wave at people I guess.

And not carry any money around.

And ask people what they do, then whatever they reply, say "That sounds very interesting".

K

K0nah

He has to shout "CHARRRRGEEEEE!" when faced with insurmountable odds so we can have a revolution and form a republic. ;)

K

Khalen

The gesture is nice from some of you, but frankly I think I'm not up for the job. I loose my patience very quickly in some things and thrust me it ain't good looking then. The council however shows me more interest. But I think we have that in some way now. Mostly when people wanna get other guilds to join in we speak to the spokesman or spokeswoman of that guild.

And another thing we all know what happened to Finster when he tried to lead us in battle. People didn't listen or questioned his actions (which sometimes I must say were a bit odd for that situation, but nevertheless he took action). Most of the times that so called King will be held responsible for every defeat they suffer. A defeat isn't always a loss... Like was seen last night when we wanted to give the hibs a wake up call. We were with a mere 25-35 people killing Uber guards (and I see why Midgard failed earlier once, they do spawn awesome fast).

So the idea is nice but frankly I think a lot of players will make fun of the king each time Albion gets defeated...

K

Karam_gruul

there aint no point in having a king, as someone earlier said, they'd just get laughed at. no one would listen to them, i know for sure i wouldnt. i dont listen to anyone, im my own boss.

X

--xion--

yup damn right glad u have the same thoughts...

but a council may be thinkable...o otake me me :clap:

H

Hit ^_^

hehe this post has been viewed many times atleast :p

K

Killgorde

Originally posted by old.kedal
karam karam karam!

Err...shouldn't Karam be (drama) Queen ???

Ooops....I know where I'm not welcome...fucking off before anyone asks me to...

A

Arthwyr

Well I left exiled for the moment (still have to adjust my sig) Dont know if its permanent ( the ball is in their park ) But it leaves me with alot of time. If the king is only an icon function im willing to act it out for a short while, and pass any comments on living-playing the role here on the boards for future kings (if there would be a follow up). hehe should be fun to do some roleplaying for a short period. I only see it as temporary though I'm sure I'll have plenty of work to do soon guildwise in notime. Arthwyr sounds bout right for a king too if you ask me :p. Tell me what you think

C

c0ngo

Heard a rumour about problems with u and Exiled a few days ago m8 didn't realise it was quite that bad :(

M

Molten Lava

Problem solved

I started a char a few days ago...his name is Dictator and he's al vl 12 scout now....NO KING...I WILL RULE YOU ALL!!! mhoewahahahaha

K

-Kylock-

if there was a king he wuold have to be online 24/7 non stop.... if the dude has no RL then hey what the hell.... give the bastard a crown and we're sorted... the idea of a guild council is better.... then u can use the round table in cam as a meeting hall.... u can even recruit armsmen as door men!! what an idea .....

not

:m00:

R

Radghast

leadership

the idea of having a leading body whether that be 1 man or a elected council must be addressed. Atm we have a awful lot of "leaders" in albion. In the past i listened to finster then i listened to lvl 50s now i listen to the guy whos name i recognize. but this is not a good system of leadership all it does is add to the confusion that there is in abundance in the frontiers

The albion realm is the most pupulated with the number of lvl 50s approaching 200 (not saying that RvR is limited to the 50s only) the mayhem there is when more than 40-50 are together is staggering but atm nobody is giving orders or even suggestions its just /y hibs at amg *swarm to amg* /y mids at DC *swarm to DC* no stratergy no tactics just the hapless tank rushing which i so despise in RTS. I feel that a elected leadership body should be responsible for RvR matters not for everyday PvE or helping new players with info, this is not to say that they cant do this just that it will not be there "job" there job is to bring order to the battlefield and more than that some tactics we albs have become all two reliant on superior numbers and zerging to win our battles, when faced with a superior force the usual response is 50% run away 50% try and zerg em resulting in 100% casulaties.

Now as for who should lead, i feel that a council comprised of 1 member per class, and not necisarily the names we all know, just because you heard about the game a couple months before someone else should not entitle you 2 power over others. Tbh some new blood would be appreciated, peoples whos first response is not always CHARGE as this is not always the strategic thing to do.

Anyway im sure that most disagree with me on this and like things just the way they are, well ill tell u 1 thing...so do the mid/hibs, emain is currently a all u can eat rp buffet and we are the main course

Radghast TheOld - Wizard
Officer of Equilibrium
"if a battle cant be won, dont fight it" <Sun Tzu>

K

Kcinimodus

Ever tried to lead in emain? The moment you step out of PK, is the moment when 90% of the albs suddenly went deaf. Imagine:
<alliance chat> "Scout: 40 mids at amg"
<alliance chat> "Leader: regroup at DC"

What do you think albs will do?

A: Go to amg taking left side
B: Go to amg taking right side
C: Go to amg throught the middle

Winner gets a fridge!

R

Radghast

thats fair comment kcin

but currently nobody is "officially" in charge, what we need is a realm where /y from random players are ignored, but /y from a player who is well informed, has a plan and a means of implementing said plan are not.

i realise this is no small undertakeing. but surely a little experemintation couldnt hurt, lets talk about it and see if we cant come 2 a viable solution and then put it into effect to the detrement of mid/hibs. Who here has a problem with thinking up new and better ways of killing mids/hibs cause i dont and am willing to assist anyway i can

Radghast - lvl 50 wizzard

officer of Equilibrium

"if a battle cant be won, don't fight it" <sun tzu>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom