The King of Albion

C

Clavius

Hello!, I'm Clavius.
Few of you might know me, but that's not important.

Our beloved Albion is growing stronger and stronger. For what I have seen this is because of our alliances.
Now the leaders of our guilds work together, it might be the right time for the last step: The King of Albion. He might be the most experienced and respected guild leader, or the person most hardened by battle.

He will be assisted by his luitenants, the leaders of the largests guilds. The King is needed for making fast decisions on subjects where the guild leaders are divided about. This way fights between guild leaders can be avoided, thus keeping the alliances intact.

I know it will be hard for us to choose a King (everyone wants te be king), but if we succeed, we will add a extra dimension to daoc.

Think about it and dump your opinion below.

Nuff said
knolan.jpg

N

)nick(

I like the idea! Will the king also get to choose a queen?

D

-Dreama-

The idea behind Albion United alliance was a no leader alliance...I know we have a few *leaders* but king is a bad idea...power courrpts, absolute power absolutly corrupts (or some BS).

K

Kcinimodus

:clap: Yeah Khalen for king! :clap:

Nah, the idea is funny, but if you select 1 leader, there will allways be a large amount of people who don't agree, thus killing the alliance again. It happened before with the old alliance, which wasn't the leader's fault (Finster at that time), but the fact that some people will never agree with 1 leader and his descissions.

Although I wasn't very active last month, it seems to be going ok lately with multiple leaders who can arange stuff etc. with good co-operation. Try to keep that up :).

About the council idea, isn't that already being used in some form? When things are organized all guildleaders/commanders are invited in a chatgroup and things are being discussed there.

O

old.legaoniel

KING

ah................ democracy.....you MAD, MAD, fools............ lol

K

Kagato.

Might I just point out that technically Albion DOES have a King, Arthur is dead but we have King Constentine (I think thats how you spell it).

By all means vote for a leader to unite the people, the guilds and the various alliances under the King, but don't presume to call him a King.

B

belth

[RP mode]
I'm sorry, but "King" Constantine is a wuss. He doesn't support aggressive action against the invading Hibernian heathens nor the paganistic Midgardians, instead he prefers to watch them continuosly attack our border keeps, especially now that the portals to the dungeon called Darkness Falls has been found. Hence I'm working towards overthrowing him, like every good member of Guild of Shadows should - they don't get nice items if they don't ;)
[/RP mode]

D

Danya

"Democracy is the worst form of government... except for all the others", I think that quote is applicable here. ;)

C

Celilgrin

Dreama, your quote is right. But: if we get a "white raven" as King
it or better, he :) would be a considerable weapon imo

O

old.Odysseus

Kcinimodus for king!!! (or queen whatever) ;)
I wanna be Royal Taxmaster and Secretary of Economics.

T

Tiptap

You dont want an albion king (all too hard and armoured!)

What you need is a lovely little luri type - cute and honest - you can let me sit on your war deliberations, give me lots of loot and I promise to never, ever, ever, use what I glean as king of this good and fair land, to help my Hibbie brothers and sisters whip you...

Sound ok?

hmmmm...where did I leave that crown...

My first law - No More Minstrels! (please!)

H

Hit ^_^

aye. one Relm one kingdom one leader.
ring any bells?

we all know were to send all ppl that dont follow oders tho.

no this idea dont ever going to work. or its going to make this relm crap.

G

Gwandyn

Nah after all this is the dark ages...this is where the realms fall apart into minor dutcherys etc... So each alliance is just a bunch of ppl working together to keep the even worse enemy (hibs,mids) away...all by the code : My enemys enemy is my friend.

Though when the PvP server comes we can have some REALLY fun times...then we can have 2 alliances and they will each elect one representant to act leader and then the alliances line up their armys in the salisbury plains and fight about it...and then you can owerthrow the king by a declaration of war and have some nice street to street fighting in Camelot...now THAT would be fun... :clap:

C

Clavius

aye. one Relm one kingdom one leader.
ring any bells?

we all know were to send all ppl that dont follow oders tho.

damn. there goes my hidden agenda. Bummer. Now i have to get rid of that square moustache i've been growing.
adulfsnorre.gif

O

old.LandShark

you think anyone would obey a king? I obey the guy who suggests sensible things, not the guy who says stuff expecting to be obeyed...
yeesh..

btw: i think this is Clavius' second post that consisted of more than a cartoon. I'm scared.

O

old.LandShark

king of albion would have to be roleplaying as King Constantine, 100% of the time.
Be a bit odd to be doing such intensive RPing on a non-RP server... :)

E

Elvodus

Round Table

Let me remind u of the rund table told in the tales of Arthur and his knights....all equal...so I would have to agree with dreama about the council idea.

Although my guild is not in the alliance and I don´t know if we will join..(our GM lost his internet connection for the time being)...but I feel that I can´t really support the idea of a king.

I do on the other hand feel that the Round Table in Camelot hasn´t been used for far to long.:D

Elvoudus Firestorm
[Broken Swords]
lvl 42.x1 Firewizard

S

Sabu

My and my guildmates loyalty is for Constantine (not for a guy who says that he is Constantine).

A land ... a king . We have one now.

K

Kagato.

Exactly, we have our King, he is not a player but an npc, all the same we have our King.

Now if some charismatic leader on the other hand wanted to unite albion in the name of the King, thats all very well so long as he (or she for that matter) can do the job.

It could make things very interesting, but that person would NOT be a King or Queen. General, Admiral, Commander, whatever you wanted to call them, fair enough, but we wont be having any pretenders to the throne.

Personally a council of leaders may well be the most sensible notion, but lets face it, theres something romantic about having a noble leader taking charge and pushing the realm to victory.

Does Albion have such a person withing its boarders?

Quite possibly.

Would they attempt such a feat?

Quite possibly.

Would Albion follow?

unlikely.

Will it ever happen?

You never know....

R

Rollie

the best idea would be a council of the GM's of the "bigger" more "involved" guilds.

communication would be alot quicker if the GM's contacted each other directly to distribute the information to the guilds.

D

Djinn_03

A land ... a king... a sword.

The Sword Excalibur need one king, for this use to defends Albion. :D

O

old.Sepiritz

King Finster.. Yes, that sounds right. :)
And Queen Pilia.. Defo. :)

O

old.FIN

Go for King , Go for Queen

Can i aplly For Jester?

Z

Zag Barr

Who wants to be King - I mean King in DAoC?

A real King, oh yeah, he had women and gold to make this shit job worth while. He had torture to enforce his words.

IN DAoC you get nothing but work, some blame and people hate you, just because u are what you are - no matter how good or bad you do the job.

Forget about the idea of one leader. We tried it, and it doesn't work any better, then it does now.

A Round table? A council? We do have a round table and it meets every day in alliance chat. If you make it any bigger, there will be no decisions, but talk talk talk ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom