The Joys Of Flex!

S

stinkie

Thought Id make a tank for my next char as Ive never had one over 10 before. tried arms pali and reaver and what can i say reaver won hands down for 100% pure fun to play. I really cant believe mythic gave alb such a cool class. its soo much more fun having to think about what styles to use and every few levels it all changes because u get a new style to play with. sure does beat the spamming amerthist slash constantly.

As for BG's its soo cool being able to get your own back on the insane ammount of stealthers in BG's uncovering them and them pummeling them to death :D

I know a few peeps have said they've tried reavers and didnt like it. for those that think that way hold out till you get indigosnake( side position life tap proc) and try this:-

pull with dot
engage
viper on block ( med duration stun)
side step to erm side!
inidgosnake

yellow con mob will be on about 60 - 70% hp and you heal yourself for about 15% on indigo

just cant wait to get to big boy RvR with him now

regards,

Emale lvl 25 midget reaver and loving it

O

old.LandShark

leviathan hits for crap on non-gimps. If you want damage, alb has better classes. Classes, for instance, that are on the tank RA/etc tables... but well fine, for fun factor reaver might win :p

F

FoXeH

/sarcasm on
reavers r crap :lol:
mercs are awsome :mgwhore2:
/sarcasm off

L

loxleyhood

Reavers are great imo, so annoying to have a gadzillion necros and hardly any reavers.

M

morgonslak

I don't find leviathan that bad.. sure 300 - 350 dam per blow on a tank may not be that good compared to a pole user, but bear in min that those 350 were done with a spd 3.1 weapon.. Don't recall exact numbers.. they are adequatly correct though..

A

acei

It's a pity that alot of the new people don't reliase how strong reavers actually are and how independant they are e.g. they hardly require a healer so make a perfect tank if your group doesn't have a healer present....

It's VERY hard for me to get a group as my reaver because no one knows that they're good for groups :(

O

old.LandShark

Then duels work differently enough to RvR for someone with MP flex 4.something speed crush flail to hit me for under 200dmg total (including the effect/proc thingy) with leviathan, consistently? Give me a break... However I must say they look very, very nice for PvP.
Incidentally anyone thinking merc is inferior to reaver - in terms of well, anything, let's just take hp, damage and access to RAs for starters - is a gimp.

S

Sharma

I found that when i had one, he hit like a little kid with a pansy :(

G

granny

I've got my reaver to lvl 48 now (over on Prydwen) and I agree, they're a lot of fun. Couple of things though - don't rely on the lifetaps, at higher levels they get resisted a LOT (unless you're soloing yellows) and unless you really dump too many points into soulrending the self-healing side of lifetaps becmoes negligible.

Secondly the fact that con doesn't increase as we level starts to really show past 40. If I'm in a group and I get agro then healers start to sweat 'cos my hp's disappear like nothing on earth. Chain armour + hybrid hp table + no con increases = we go down FAST.

So I'd recommend getting +hits and +con as a priority on your gear. You'll find that +flex and +sr is easy since nobody else wants that gear, but really keep a look out for +hits/con and also +shield gear. Your shield is your main lifesaver tbh, far more useful than your lifetaps :)

D

dakeyras

First time I landed Cobra on an orange con ebon skel got hell of a shock.

149+516 (429 hp stolen)+69 proc buff(22 hp stolen)+44 dmg add+54 weapon proc.

Nice :)

L

leorin

Originally posted by stinkie
Thought Id make a tank for my next char as Ive never had one over 10 before. tried arms pali and reaver and what can i say reaver won hands down for 100% pure fun to play. I really cant believe mythic gave alb such a cool class. its soo much more fun having to think about what styles to use and every few levels it all changes because u get a new style to play with. sure does beat the spamming amerthist slash constantly.

As for BG's its soo cool being able to get your own back on the insane ammount of stealthers in BG's uncovering them and them pummeling them to death :D

I know a few peeps have said they've tried reavers and didnt like it. for those that think that way hold out till you get indigosnake( side position life tap proc) and try this:-

pull with dot
engage
viper on block ( med duration stun)
side step to erm side!
inidgosnake

yellow con mob will be on about 60 - 70% hp and you heal yourself for about 15% on indigo

just cant wait to get to big boy RvR with him now

regards,

Emale lvl 25 midget reaver and loving it

Wow u alrdy found this out , u must be real smart /clap
Thanks for sharing things everyone knows.

F

Flimgoblin

Re: Re: The Joys Of Flex!

Originally posted by leorin

heaven forbid someone say they like a class on a board.

Hang on did this place suddenly lose the green and turn into VNWhine?

'everyone knows' do they?

What EVERYONE playing the game knows what a reaver's like?

And if they're fun or not...
:rolleyes:

G

g0ldenbone

They're certainly nice to have around in BG1.. My theurg tends to stay near a reaver if at all possible :)

L

leorin

Re: Re: Re: The Joys Of Flex!

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
heaven forbid someone say they like a class on a board.

Hang on did this place suddenly lose the green and turn into VNWhine?

'everyone knows' do they?

What EVERYONE playing the game knows what a reaver's like?

And if they're fun or not...
:rolleyes:

FYI:
In Darkness Falls a multiple realm dungeon u can kills mobs and gain seals and xp which u later on can trade for Items with merchants close to your entrance.

L

Larik-

Sometimes I wonder why people even try to make intelligent posts on this forum, so much rubbish on it, flaming etc... :(
Is nice to see someone enjoys playing a new class, reavers do sound cool, think ill try one myself. And no, unlike 'everyone' i didn't know about the reaver styles not having played one before.

F

Flimgoblin

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Joys Of Flex!

FYI:
In Darkness Falls a multiple realm dungeon u can kills mobs and gain seals and xp which u later on can trade for Items with merchants close to your entrance.

cool, that's nice - go start a thread on how much you like DF. Stop trying to push this one off topic.

Not everyone's played a reaver yet - you still get plenty of people asking 'so what are reavers like in RvR? how good are they in PvE?'

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

S

Silenzio

what sad person u r :(

C

Cronn

I literally want to kick you in the face.

On topic - Yes reavers are very nice, having a tank (semi) with spells is cool. Not like those gimpy paladins. :D

P

Pin

Well, I like my Reaver. I'll tell you how Leviathian (yes it's spelled incorrectly) is in a few days.

I think it's the Whip that does it for me. I have spent long enough in the gimp suit, wanted to have a go at lashing someone ;)

G

granny

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Joys Of Flex!

FYI:

You sir, are a berk.

P

Pin

Originally posted by old.LandShark
Then duels work differently enough to RvR for someone with MP flex 4.something speed crush flail to hit me for under 200dmg total (including the effect/proc thingy) with leviathan, consistently? Give me a break...

So he was using a crush weapon against crush-resistant chain (and I presume you have capped crush resist aswell) ? Even so, <200 still seems a bit low to me...

Anyway, the flex style procs are not based on DPS, so it's a little silly to use the slow flail rather than a fast whip (except if your target wears hib leather/reinforced, or maybe mid chain).

As for RAs, well UToS is one of the better class RAs available and a few levels of WA together with DoT procs and reverse-procs is also quite nice ;)

Besides, I'm not playing one to be overpowered, I'm playing to be a bit different and have a versatile char who's a lot more group-friendly than my Inf - oh, and still be able to kill SBs 2 at a time ;)

M

morgonslak

I agree Pin, and reavers really are very versitile rvr. A couple of tiems, when there has been no cc around, running into a grp of enemy casters/healers with damage chant on can totally cripple them all for the time it takes for the rest of the enemy players to kill me off..

I'm not saying this some uber tactics or that reavers are the best tank around, jus tthat there are more aspects to the reavers than deal out a lot of damage..

H

Hit ^_^

i think reavers have a base line skill named LUCK atleast morgonslak seems to have it.
seems impossibel to kill anyway. (and all thanks to Luck.)

P

Pin

Originally posted by Hit ^_^
i think reavers have a base line skill named LUCK atleast morgonslak seems to have it.
seems impossibel to kill anyway. (and all thanks to Luck.)

Yeah, I'm autotraining Luck atm

S

Sol-

leorin have u worked out how to get to benowyc from CS yet.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Pin
Yeah, I'm autotraining Luck atm

That'd be an ace name for a buffbot...

(assuming it's not been done already)

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by Pin
So he was using a crush weapon against crush-resistant chain (and I presume you have capped crush resist aswell) ? Even so, <200 still seems a bit low to me...

Anyway, the flex style procs are not based on DPS, so it's a little silly to use the slow flail rather than a fast whip (except if your target wears hib leather/reinforced, or maybe mid chain).

As for RAs, well UToS is one of the better class RAs available and a few levels of WA together with DoT procs and reverse-procs is also quite nice ;)

Besides, I'm not playing one to be overpowered, I'm playing to be a bit different and have a versatile char who's a lot more group-friendly than my Inf - oh, and still be able to kill SBs 2 at a time ;)

Hmm. If the flex-style procs aren't based on DPS, doesn't that meant that leviathan's "soulrend" is not in any way dependant on getting a good hit with the melee component? I mean, I can quite understand even a slow flail hitting my 39% (or is it 44%? never known if armour vulnerabilities are 10% or 15%) crush resistance and high absorb for only 100. But the soulrend hitting for 110 was what really made me think "ugh, you levelled to 50 for that?"
On the RAs front, yeah. UToS seems decent and WA is very nice given it affects DOT procs. But still, I'll take cheap purge/IP/determ over it. I know no-one asked for a merc vs reaver thread, but I'm still riding the "dammit, albion doesn't need 5000 lvl50 necros" anger, and it's spilling over towards reavers :p

D

dakeyras

AFAIK the reaver procs are independant of DPS and the amount of damage dealt is entirely dependant on the targets resist level.

There is some debate ongoing about what role piety plays. It definetly affects spell damage (increasing by roughly 1 dmg point for each additional pie point) but it is as of yet unproven whether or not pie influences the procs.

Love playing my 50 Merc and equally love playing my, soon to be 50, Reaver. Contrasting playstyles depending on the group's requirements :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom