The inevitable Season 5 thread

B

blunt^

There is some decent de_ custom maps out there and i would certainly like to see one in my division, brings some variety to the map cycle and keeps the clans on their toes having to learn and organise tactics for the map :)

T

[TNN]Aardvark

The problem with using non standard maps is its very hard to develop tactics for it. For example, we had no chance of getting a pcw on chateau, so the first time we've ever played it was in the league game this week.

O

old.spookeh

aztec, prodigy, train, nuke, dust2, all for certain
cbble and inferno, up to u, they dont have any real major flaws
dust, i dont like anymore cos we (CIX) got beat so hard last season on it by NFB ;)
vegas, i wasnt looking forward to as ive never played a match on it, and the clan we were supposed to play have withdrawn so we dont have to play on it hehe. although ive not played a match on it so my opinion cant really count for that much, i'd prefer if it was left out
chateau, i really like now. ive only played it CO, not sure what its like in MR situation, but i think it'd be ok, and imo definatly worth including regularly

however, if u include this new 1.5 map just cos its the new one, that seems a bit risky, chateau was a bit of a gamble to include, it might have suxxed ;)

finally, if u decide to split the map rotation up, doing it by scoring system (CO or MR) makes more sense to me than by division, and it also seems,... i dunno, nicer, to say "ur playing this map cos ur doing CO" rather than "...cos ur not good enough for the div1 maps" :p

R

RogueOne

It's not that the lower div clans wouldn't be good enough for the higher div maps, but rather that the higher div clans generally tend to prefer what I would consider a "good" mapcycle while the lower divs, in general, like more... umm... alternative offerings :)

I would imagine that most of divs 1 or 2 would walk out if I tried to make them play militia or siege (and quite rightly, too), and yet we do get a lot of requests for these maps at a lower level.

O

old.drc_lock

dust = :puke: :sleeping: :puke:

you can use what ever maps u like just don't put dust back in, PLEASE!

G

g-shock

is it coz u got so used 2 picking up the soap u miss it now?

O

old.CsH.Renegade

Well Iam all for dropping de_vegas from the mapcycle. If Iam on a server and that map comes on i leave, never mind want to play a clan war on it :eek:

As for de_dust, well i think just about ever clan has played that map to death and think giving it a miss would be a good idea.

L

Lilz

FS, don't even think about keeping vegas in its utter shite. As for chateau I don't mind the map but it sends my ping/fps down the toilet and makes the whole thing not very fun. As for dust, its a classic and as we missed it this season I think its right to have it next season. I notice all those who got 0wned on dust don't like it :p.

O

old.amoeba

de_vegas is utter shite because we dont play it much.

oh no wait - maybe if I played it I would find out its okay?

C

chrismogz

Just wonding

Am all new to all this: And i just want to know how do i get involved?

R

RogueOne

The first thing to do is to get your clan into the league :)

I'm assuming your clan is on the waiting list for BWCSL. If so, you'll be getting a mail from me in about a week. A prompt response to this will improve your chances of getting in.

Once you're into the league, there are quite a few ways of getting involved. You can volunteer your services as an admin (hint hint) and act as a referee in other league matches. You can post on the forums, or you can just hang around in the IRC channel, #bwcsl, which usually sees a good bit of activity while the league is running.

O

old.[MMX]Pitt

and also you need to do alot of sucky sucky, Rogue likes that.

T

ti_wombat

de_dust

I think u should keep de_dust. In all div's. If the tactics are gonna be the same, then the genuinely better skilled clan should win. What's wrong with that? Sour grapes from past clan wars on dust shouldn't mean you should shun it because clans use tried and tested tactics on it. And claiming it's an over played map, well, I suppose that all depends on what clan you're in doesn't it. I can't remember the last time I played a clan war on de_dust.

R

RogueOne

Dust isn't as overplayed any more, because an awful lot of clans are tired of it, even those who used to be zealous about it. I think the big problem with it is that people would argue that tactics *are* part of true skill in CS. Nevertheless, current plans are to use it next season.

O

old.[MMX]Pitt

wtf old.[MMX]Pitt, Im only 22 you cheeky gits

M

Moön

You need to log into your bw acount and link it to your forum acount, then make a forum alias for yourself

G

g-shock

personaly vegas and chateau were both good maps 2 put in, id rather see either than dust (yawn)

P

papa_smurf

Hi im new to BarrysWorld and I was just wondering if it was to late to sign up for the new season???

Users who are viewing this thread