Film The Incredible Hulk (2008)

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Pointless is the first word that comes to mind.

I wasn't expecting much of this movie tbh. The trailers never really grabbed me so my hopes weren't exactly high. Let's just say I wasn't disappointed.

CGI looks fantastic but the plot, script and acting is terrible apart from Tim Roth. The end fight in the movie plays like a check list of all the special moves he's ever done in computer games. In fact it feels more like a film made to tie in with a computer game. Or maybe even a lead up to some massive Marvel Universe type Avengers storyline.
There wasn't any point in the movie where I felt myself rallying behind him and thinking "Yeah, come on Hulk, kick some arse!".
The attempts at humour fell very wide of the mark. Edward Norton should stick to playing skinhead ex-Nazi's and leave the comic books and the joke telling alone.

Meh. Stick to the 2003 version.

4 out of 10

Roll on the Dark Knight....

ECA

I am a FH squatter
On a site note, Rickson Gracie has a cameo in this film!

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
But it has to be great, it has Ed Norton in it! :(

I will be so gutted if its shit, I am one of the few who loved the first one as well, actually maybe my favourite super hero film.

Eric Bana was godlike in it.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Lou Ferrigno was in it.
I enjoyed it. I liked all the easter eggs.
And there is an Avengers film coming. There are plans for a Thor, Captain America, and Avengers film.

Trem

Avengers can fo :eek:

Thor and Captain America films will be great!!

rynnor

Rockhound

There already was a Captain America film a while back but a Thor film would be great :)

I really liked the Ang Lee directed Hulk film a few years back but I'll give the new one a try I guess...

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Well it's more like Ultimate Thor (so it's gonna be about a guy they think is a nutcase that thinks he is Thor) and Cap, cuz even this Hulk's origin is ripped from Ultimates.
So it's all likely to be more Ultimates than normal Avengers. I'm hoping Scarlet Witch and Quiksilver will be in it, because in Ultimates they are so incestuous that it's funny.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Why do people always expect an Oscar winning film with a Superhero theme?

Seriously it will never happen as they are supposed to everything cheesed to hell.

Go to the cinema and enjoy it for what it is a smash fest with a lot of action.

WPKenny

Resident Freddy

Seriously it will never happen as they are supposed to everything cheesed to hell.

No one's saying they expect oscar winning material. What I'm saying is that there's a lot of comic book films out there. Some good some bad. This is not one of the good ones.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Captain America is a bit...one dimensional for my taste; although unlike a lot of other superhero films his origin story would actually make a good movie (so long as you kept the whole thing in WWII, finished with him coming out of the ice in the present day).

Ultimate Thor=good, regular Thor=dull

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
The new captain america film is set in WW2 but will be a superhero movie, so should be interesting.

The Thor movie is going to start off as a fantasy movie I've heard, to introduce the Norse gods.

I thought the new Hulk was ok, it ended a bit silly but it's the Hulk I know and like. He even says lines like "Hulk smash!" which is cool. Plus you don't need to wait until after the credits, as they put the cool moment before the credits.

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
I thought the new Hulk was 10x better than the 2003 movie, only bad side for me was seeing a supposed Royal Marine in a American Infantry uniform... strange.

Good lead up to the Avengers movie, if it gets going :)

nath

Fledgling Freddie

As has been said, no one expects oscar winning stuff but something entertaining that's not going to make you laugh at how shit it is.

Batman Begins proved that a comic book movie can be done really *really* well.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I think people expected, at least I did, that they did it again to do it better....sounds not then.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Did any of The Wire fans out there spot Omar?

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I just saw it. It wasn't bad. It wasn't super either. I don't regret going to see it. Lots of easter eggs as someone else said, and it was a good ride.

I feel that this was too soon compared to the previous Hulk film though, but they needed to set the setting for the Superhero movie.

I thought Norton was pretty decent. Was in an American cinema though, so people clapped when the good guy won, laughed when bad guy got hurt, and talked through the entire fucking thing. Next time I go, I'm going to stand up during a critical part of the film and tell everyone to STFU.

Trem

Best Batman film ever by a long shot. When is the new one due out?

Not heard anything about a new one actually, I hope its Christian Bale again. Anyone have any links?

Trem

You're kidding. Heath Ledger as the Joker? Dead. Heath. Ledger? Nothing? No?

Oh well.
YouTube - The Dark Knight
[youtubevid]tkT1wdRePco[/youtubevid]

I maybe saw a picture of him as the Joker last time I went the cinema but it just left my brain as quick as it went in.

That looks absolutely fucking awesome, slightly concerned the Joker looks a bit like the Crow though.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
The bit where he shoots the RPG convinces me that Heath did a fantastic job. Can't wait to see if I'm right.

Which of course I am.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Just watched it and I loved it.

Stan Lees cameo is one of the best yet, Marvel should have started to make movies ages ago. Loved the ref's to the Hulk Villians setting up for another film.

Damini

Part of the furniture
I thought it was bland. I thought the humour missed the mark, and that Liv Tyler's character was so boring and one dimensional that it was a bit tragic, and that without good old Tim Roth the whole thing would have been light as a feather.

Trem

The bit where he shoots the RPG convinces me that Heath did a fantastic job.

I thought that bit was awesome by Ledger as well, his hunch and actions were perfect.

Moif

Loyal Freddie
I thought it was pretty good. Not really up there as the greatest but they're getting better with the adaptations. At least this one stayed true to the original story as best it could. Random bad guy notwithstanding. I only wish I'd seen Ironman before this (still haven't seen it) so as to not ruin the ending.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
The whole thing seems to be shaping up for some kind of Avengers-style movie.

Hulk, Ironman, we have Thor and Captain America coming soon....

Uara

Part of the furniture
By random bad guy do you mean the part played by Tim Roth, because *turns on Geekyness* the bad-guy is actually from the comics and he's known as Abomination. So the bad guy is actually more relevant than the one in the original film i believe.

Moif

Loyal Freddie
By random bad guy do you mean the part played by Tim Roth, because *turns on Geekyness* the bad-guy is actually from the comics and he's known as Abomination. So the bad guy is actually more relevant than the one in the original film i believe.

Doh. It wasn't referred to as Abomination though was it? Unless I was high on pick n mix and missed it.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
The doctor who will become the leader refers to the results of mixing the banner's blood with the super serum Blonski already could create 'an abomination'.

Apparently the director didn't like the name Abomination, so they didn't use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom