The "Honest Config"

N

[NA] Rhythm

Hey all,

I have heard this mentioned in certain circles, but can't find a config to base it on. Basically what it is, is a config with all the parameters set to certain values, so that if you a scanner is used off a server, it can check clearly you are not cheating. To be honest, I think all players should use this, especially for clan matches. We recently had a match vs Italian clan [LUPI] - we kicked them solid 4 out of 4 games with a total of a couple of hundred frags inbetween them. They had some seriously bad comments on their judge page in Clanbase, but we thought we'd go in with an open mind - we were so wrong, they were performing like idiots when we owned them! Then they write that we are cheaters...it's insane!

So basically, I want our entire clan to use this honesty config, to make this type of stuff not happen again. Anyone else feel the same, anyone know where to get it!?

P

Pac^

welcome to the wonderful world of clanbase moh

B

Barking_Mad3

setu r_farplane 0
setu r_farplane_nocull 0
setu r_farplane_nofog 0

setu r_lightmap 0
setu r_lockpvs 0
setu r_showSmp 0

setu r_novis 0

put those in the "newconfig.cfg" file

N

[NA] Rhythm

excellent, I will do that.
Thanks for that. Anyone tried Spearhead? I have, but no decent servers up yet...will have to wait a while.

B

Barking_Mad3

SpearHead sucks imo.

They rushed it out, its buggy, laggy and they have changed to much of the "mohaa feel".

I hope they patch it (again) but i wont hold my breath :'(

N

[NA] Rhythm

The patch is out, but still no damn servers. I would think that BW or Jolt or someone would want to be the first there with some quality servers. Great advertising, shows their on the ball? Doesn't seem to be the case, maybe there is some weird contract with EA or something, I just don't understand it.

P

Pac^

For BW subscribers..add these manually to ASE

BarrysWorld - Spear Head Free For All (1) |213.221.174.86:29960
BarrysWorld - Spear Head Round Based (1)|213.221.174.86:29961
BarrysWorld - Spear Head Team Match (1) |213.221.174.86:29962
BarrysWorld - Spear Head Tug Of War (1) |213.221.174.86:29963

L

LGAlien

What with ASE anyways? no SH patch to it yet :(

S

ShavedApe

No SH patch because I believe EA signed exclusive contract with Gamespy so dont expect one anytime soon

http://bellsouthpwp.net/t/a/tacotat/

Is an unsupported fix
It does seem to work though :)

Oh BTW the Honesty config (Dont like hearing it called that first time I heard it called that was on a well know cheat site not many others refer to it as that) should look like this.

setu r_picmip 0
//No Fog
setu r_farplane 0
setu r_farplane_nocull 0
setu r_farplane_nofog 0

//Wallhack

setu r_lightmap 0
setu r_lockpvs 0
setu r_showSmp 0

//Transparent Door
setu r_novis 0

The only addition is that of the picmip variable but its well worth knowing.
provided they have not also visited that particular cheat site.
In which case welcome to the wonderful world of MOH:AA

N

[NA] Rhythm

interesting...

Yeah pity about ASE being exclusive to GS. About this honesty config, the way you have set it out makes it known to the admin you aren't using a wallhack, transparent doors or playing with picmips. I am a bit confused though, what exactly do these things do? They work exclusively with scanners so that anyone scanning can see you're genuine, I know that, but how will it affect my gameplay? Will I notice any difference?

IMHO Spearhead is cool, because of the new weapons, soldiers etc, but somehow I just can't help feeling they've lost the MOHAA feel to it. That fast-paced vibe is not there, and I have noticed it is buggy, even with the new patch.

Anyhoo, thanks for the barrysworld server URL's.

[NA] Rhythm

S

ShavedApe

The newconfig edits will not effect your gameplay in anyway.

C

ch_deekay

Bottom line is , if you play well, and kick ass, you will be pegged a cheater, I have been booted from several servers and called a cheater many times. I just laugh it off , There are many more lousy players than there are good. Some people just cant face reality that they are not that good. AKA (Zippy the ripped midget)

N

[NA] Rhythm

I know what u saying mate, there are some COMPLETE losers out there who just love to shout AIMBOT etc etc.

The other evening, it was kind of hysterical. Myself and a teammate, [NA]a Chicken got onto a clan server and completely owned them 2 vs 6! I won't mention who the clan was, but needless to say their inflated ego took a backseat after that one. True as bob, the one knob pipes up: "You guys use aimbots don't you?" - and I'm like, "scan us mate, dumpuser on us mate - and when you're done, go to CB and see that we have never lost a match, or even a map in match for that matter".

They promptly shutup and pronto!
We are looking for players of exceptional quality, so if anyone is up for no-bull fun times, contact us. marco@futaura.com

J

joe_black

Clanbase is hardly proof of your skill mate, but I take your point though.

For any admins out there I highly recommend "Counter Intelligence" for anti cheat software. =SF= have only started using it but it makes the running of the server so much easier and more effective.

N

[NA] Rhythm

Fair enough, why not challenge us then. Why does everyone look down their noses when CB is mentioned - I thought it was the standard ladder used? As far as anti-cheat software is concerned, Delator 2.0 is way better. Let us know if/when you'd like to play, it can be arranged.

J

joe_black

Hang on mate,

I wasn't having a dig at you, I was giving my opinion of ClanBase which imho is full of cheats and cowards. That does not mean all clans, and I'm sure NA are excellent players.

Anyhow, thank you, we would like to play you very much. =SF= play with the Counter Intelligence software running as a "bot" admin, we also don't allow the p*ssed up penguin dance (lean/strafe).
Oh, nearly forgot, we insist on the Honesty Config as well.

If you accept our terms we will play MOHAA under CKR realism over two 10 round maps. We choose The Hunt and you choose your standard AA map.

Looking forward to the game,

Joe

N

[NA] Rhythm

Hehe, I know mate, don't worry. So are you in the BW ladder or something? Unfortunately it seems we play very different styles of play. We are a TDM clan, no realism, no FF so us playing CKR would be mayhem and we'd likely get drilled into the floor. Not sure if you would be keen on conforming to this? Also, some of our players lean, no penguin dancing but you know, around corners and stuff - dont worry - hate leaners of that kind too!

Going for coffee in the snow! Gonna be fun, first time I have had snow like this!

[NA] Rhythm

J

joe_black

We are in the BarrysWorld league, last season we came 2nd in the 6th Division. We can play non-realism mate, but not TDM (urggg).

If you fancy a game under BarrysWorld MOH league rules then, game on. Objective though. As to the leaning around corners, well we don't like it because it very quickly turns into leaning across half of the map. If your guys fancy playing in the upright position (Spearhead) for a full match then get in touch, otherwise have a nice day mate. :O)

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom