The Hitch-Hikers guide to Camelot.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
inspired by the upcoming remake by the yanks of this famous tale:

The Hitch-hikers guide to Camelot.
Part 1.
The universe is big, really big, well as big as the maps the gods of Mythic let us believe anyway.
Trying to map our little corner of existence is hard; it takes many hours, day’s even minutes to work out just where the boundaries lie. So, to make things a tad easier, the inhabitants of Librarius Prime, a little known and even less cared about island, rumoured to be off the islands south of the southern islands, somewhere just off the zone walls of infinity, decided to make a sort of book, well not so much a book as a messy folder scattered in the back of an old hand cart carried around for generations until one day assembled.

To try and explain just how the book came into being would take a long time. In fact longer than most take to power level a toon beyond his usefulness in monster killing. So, let’s try and see it not so much in the context of something boring like the “Encyclopaedia Albion, a parable of life in a tin can” or “Hibernia – and how to grow your own weed”, but as a pleasant story.

First, we must meet our hero’s, who at this particular time are quite happy putting the finishing touches to a large wall in a place called Emain. Having just finished hanging the rather over elaborate doors, our main character turns to his friend, wiping his brow and admiring all his hard work.

Our hero’s name is Arthur King, a long served Paladin of the Briton persuasion. His accomplice, Nissan Sunny, is a tall rather pale looking wizard, and not a very good one.

Arthur: “You think this will keep them out?”
Nissan: “Not a hope, you seen those trolls, they will fart and this thing will fall down!”
Arthur: “Nice optimism, remind me to not ask you again.”
Nissan: “Well I did warn you when you bought this land, the mere fact you have to wait ages to get transport here, critters that will bite your head off before you can draw a sword, and the weird smell coming from the keep down the road…..”
Arthur: “Ok, ok I get the hint, but its too late now, I paid good money for this land to retire on, and I’m not letting a bunch of stuffy kobolds and smelly Orges..”
Nissan: “Trolls…”
Arthur: “Yes, Trolls, take my land from me”

Nissan bends down to the ground, as if listening for something.

Arthur: “What?”
Nissan: “Sorry, dropped a contact.”

Nissan stands holding a small piece of plastic, amazing as its not been invented yet.
Nissan: “Look, believe me, they wont be happy about your wall you know. I wont say I told you so….”

There was a knock at the door.

Nissan: “Told you so….”
Arthur stepped back from the door, eyebrows raised in shock.
Arthur: “There’s no one home.”
Nissan: “Is that the best you can do?”
Arthur: “Well, it’s a bit short notice.”

“Wilderness cookies…” bellowed a deep voice with the strangest of accents.
Arthur: “None today, thank you!”

Nissan placed his head against the door, straining to listen. He then turned his head and put his eye to the thin crack between the doors.

Nissan: “Something tells me they aren’t girl scouts.”
Arthur: “Really?”
Nissan: “Well unless they come armed to the teeth, and my, my, what big teeth they have.”

Arthur swallowed loudly, pulled up his tin plate trousers, and yelled back;
Arthur: “What do you want?”
“Mr King?”
Arthur: “Might be, depends who’s asking.”
“We are the Vasudheim Tarmac Company, as our colleagues informed you, we are here to build the new Midgard Zerg-way, and under harticle ermm…”

Nissan could see the large and cumbersome looking troll on the other side of the door, wrestling with a rather large axe, and several scrolls of various sizes.
“…2 of the Zerg-way act, we are hereby autho….autho….autho”
Mutterings could be heard fro the other side of the door, as well as the odd giggle.
“….told we gotta take down your wall to make way for it.”
Arthur: “Sod off!”
“Now that’s no way to be Mr Fing”
Arthur: “That’s King to you.”
“Look mate, we is just doing our job see, you can’t stand in the way of progress, no be a good chap and open the door.”
Arthur: “Sod off.”
“Look Mr King, our offices in Jordheim informed you weeks ago that this area was designated for a new by-pass, and that any and all building work should stop immediately.”
Arthur: “Informed me? When”
“I assure you Mr King our offices wrote to you several times in Prydwen, informing you of the application, and the plans are available to the public in the town hall in Jordheim for all to see.”
Arthur: “Jordheim, that’s bloody miles away, and I moved out from Prydwen three weeks ago.”
“Sorry Mr King, you cant stop progress you know.”
Arthur: “Take a hint! SOD OFF!”
“Right, we’ve tried to be nice Mr King, you leave us no choice..”
“Bloody Brit, Ok, if that’s how it’s going to be.” He began to bellow out behind him. The faint rumble of machinery could be heard growing louder by the second.

Nissan decided to make a hasty retreat from the door, and ran up the ramparts, the look of shock on his face made poor Arthur a little nervous.

Arthur: “I’m a little nervous now.”
Nissan: “And rightly so, this isn’t pretty Arthur, I think its time we left!”
Arthur: “Why, what’s over there?”
Nissan: “You don’t want to know. Tell you what, come with me, I know a little place…”

Arthur King was a Briton. Known for their stubborn heroism, often confused with idiocy, the Britons had spent many years being knocked about by a large variety of races, from the Romans to the French.

The Hitchhikers guide to Camelot had a very simple entry for their realm, it said “Zerg.”, and this was apparently the last words of the author prior to being run over by 80 Britons, after someone told them that there was a respec stone sale in the major city. Unbeknown to Arthur, his companion Nissan was there to upgrade the guide and provide a better description of the place and its inhabitants. However Nissan’s stay in the realm seemed to be short lived, as one hundred angry contractor Trolls were about to see him the same demise as his predecessor. His new entry in the book simply read “Albion; Stealth Zerg”.
Meanwhile, our intrepid pair gathered their thoughts in a strange bar, back on home soil.

Nissan: “Look, I’ve just saved your bacon, least you can do is buy me a beer.”
Arthur: “I would, but my wallets in my other tin trousers. These are my sleeping leggings, look, no pockets.”
Nissan: “You’re a Briton alright…”
Arthur: “So what are we going to do then?”
Nissan: “About what?”
Arthur: “My home of course.”
Nissan: “Ahh, well….you see, it was inevitable, those trolls were going to come anyway.”
Arthur: “What do you mean.”
Nissan: “Look, I feel I’ve known you long enough to tell you…”
Arhtur: “Two weeks is a bit short for that kind of thing, I’m English, we don’t do that kind of thing.”
Nissan: “Shut up Arthur.”

Nissan removed some scrolls from his bag, placing them on the table in front of him.
Nissan: “Look Arthur, how would you like to help me? I’ve got this sort of quest.”
Arthur: “Quest?”
Nissan: “You see this; well it’s the biggest compilation of information about the realms as we know them. It’s my job to gather as much information as possible about everything.”
Arthur: “Everything?”
Nissan: “Yes, everything.”
Arthur: “What’s it called?”
Nissan: “Well we were going to call it the Prima Guide, but there already was one, its not very good and was instantly out of date. So we called it ‘The Hitch-hikers guide to Camelot.”
Arthur: “Well, as my new homes gone, I’ve got nothing else to do.”

The pair noticed then, the ale in their flagons starting to ripple. Gradually, the ground and building around them also began to shake vigorously.

Nissan: “This doesn’t look good.”

He began to look through his scrolls, then found the page he wanted and exclaimed in a loud voice while slapping himself on the forehead rather hard;

Nissan: “Poo!”
Arthur: “Poo?”
Nissan: “Yes Arthur, poo, shit, crap and any variance on faeces.”
Arthur: “Faeces?”
Nissan: “Look Arthur, try and be a little more constructive in conversation, you’re getting a tad tedious keep repeating my words. I’ve just realised this pub is right in the same path as your wall, and right now a hundred angry trolls you pissed off are heading right for us!”
Arthur: “Right for….sorry, what should we do?”
Nissan: “OK, listen carefully, just before they get here, lie down on the floor, put your hands over your kod-piece, and shout the word ‘RELEASE’ as loudly as you can.”
Arthur: “Release???”
Nissan: “Louder!!!”

The duo lay down in the sawdust covering the floor, as the rumbling started to become deafening.

Nissan: “GET READY”
Arthur clasped his hands around his groin, with a strangely surprised look on his face.
Nissan: “NOW!!”
Arthur & Nissan: “RELEASE!!”

plomien

Fledgling Freddie
oi loikes that oi does

Animation1.gif

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Dont panic (hehe) theres the whole thing to come :)

Maghica

One of Freddy's beloved
:clap:
Oh my God! Already I am hooked on this story.

<sits back and waits for Part deux>

Chopke

Fledgling Freddie
Will you tell us the meaning of life also?

:D

Nice story, same style as that Adams guy, and indeed very funny.

More of this please

<thumbs up>

Afuldan

Fledgling Freddie
The Hitchiker's guide to the galaxy was my favorite series...and the radio series preceeding the book was hilarious too.

Yanks too, have good taste you know o_O

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
The Hitch-hikers guide to Camelot describes “Releasing” as follows:

“The acts of letting ones soul scour the universe for a safe place to hide when your body is having problems staying in one piece. The body will materialise later on, leaving the mind to cope with its reanimation somewhere totally foreign. This can often result in a long walk back to where you came from, and normally you wont be able to buy transport back as invariably, your wallet was in your other trousers just before you released.”

Arthur had indeed released, and found his soul wondering through what he assumed was an out of body experience, that was until he saw Nissans soul skating along beside him, on what could only be described as a black ice rink, with no end in sight.

Arthur: “I don’t feel so good”
Nissan: “Actually, in special terms, you can’t feel anything.”
Arthur: “I feel sick!”
Nissan: “Arthur, where’s your stomach?”
Arthur: “Well its….”

Arthur tried to look down, which was hard because there wasn’t a down, or up for that fact.

Arthur: “What the… can I swear in this story?”
Nissan: “Best not, you never know who’s reading it.”
Arthur: “Reading it now?”
Nissan: “Yes, as we go along”
Arthur: “How? Oh, why did I ask?”
Nissan: “Well, this book writes itself you see, it’s called a ‘Chat Log’”
Arthur: “OK, this is bollocks Nissan, where or what am I etcetera etcetera…”
Nissan: “Well, I got a few truths to confess; for starters I am not from Albion.”
Arthur: “And I suppose your names not Nissan too. I always thought you were a little strange.”
Nissan: “No, my name is Nissan. Look, I am a Dev and not an Avalionian, and Im from a small little known place called Mythic.”
Arthur: “Mythic?”
Nissan: “Arthur, stop repeating me, or your final entry will be ‘Zerg and repeat’ and that’s it, now get a grip!”
Arthur: “That’s a bit hard with no hands.”
Nissan: “Ah look, see the light ahead, we’re nearly there!”
Arthur: “Nearly where Nissan, and where have we been, oh nuts to it!”

Nissan and Arthur had been passing though a “Netconn”, a kind of limbo in the space-game continuum. The book tells of its basic principles, as well as the fundamental physics, the latter was removed on the second edition, as anyone who tried to read it out loud, would explode in a ball of feathers and talcum powder, trying to comprehend it while they read. But the concept is designed as follows

Upon enacting the “release”, the body is flung across the universe instantly, and exists everywhere for a split moment. It the reappears in its chosen place, happy in the knowledge it is safe. However, this being a virtual world, and the body’s soul and mind being that of a normal over weight, spotty computer geek, tends to “lag” behind a little. The result normally is one of the souls owner and carer going off for a fag and a cup of Earl Grey in his Star Trek mug, before the two actually get back together.

Nissan: “Brace yourself”

Nissan’s voice echoed as the two hapless souls fell into a large bright vortex, the kind you see when you flush the loo, but one in Australia perhaps.

Suddenly, the light was gone, and Arthur, looking rather haggard from his ordeal, began to blink profusely trying to regain his focus.

Arthur: “Ahh, I seem to be back to normal, well if you can call this normal. Nissan, where are you? For that fact where are we?”
Nissan: “On a ship it seems.”

The pair stood on the bow of a mighty boat, the heavy timbers creaked around them and the wind brushed gently passed them, its mild chill caused Arthur some alarm.

Arthur: “Hey, where are my trousers!?”
Nissan: “Ahh, sorry that happens sometimes, its called a bug.”
Arthur: “That’s a bit more than a bug if you ask me, look; even my cod piece is shivering!”
Nissan: “Id rather not if it’s all the same, Arthur. It’s something us Dev’s are working on though. Now, get down, someone’s coming.”

Unbeknown to our intrepid duo, they had in fact landed on a boat belonging to a rather ugly group known as the Hibernian. The Hitchhikers guide to Camelot describes this green and plentiful land thus:

“Hibernia was the creation of a rather bored Leprechaun, so legend tells. While sitting under his Guinness tree, smoking his bong one day, he dreamt up a magical land of free weed, the best grass and “The Skank of the month” plant, rumoured to have magical powers enabling its user to see round corners and over walls. Its plush green carpet and tall trees were said to form right in front of him as he toked the last of his stash.

Its magical inhabitants however are cursed with eons of inbreeding and way too much stout, resulting in some of them becoming so ugly, the mere sight of one would turn your pants inside out.”

Arthur and Nissan meanwhile, ducked under a large canvass that covered the ships bounty.

Arthur: “Corrrr!!”
Nissan: “No Arthur!! Don’t touch, its all cursed!!”

Arthur pulled back his hand suddenly;

Arthur: “Cursed? I was only going to look, honest.”
Nissan: “Right.”
Arthur: “Move over, my bums going numb in the draught.”

They finally finished fidgeting under their covers as the encroaching hoard arrived. Heavy footsteps echoed down every beam under them as they filed down the boat, taking positions on each side on wooden benches.

Arthur: “What’s going on Nissan?”
Nissan: “By the looks of those boots, I would say we’ve bummed a ride on a Hibbie Cog, what excellent timing Arthur!”
Arthur: “This is a bit much for me Nissan, can we go home?”
Nissan: “Erm..well home isn’t there anymore so to speak. Shhh, we’ve got company, keep down and be quiet!”

Gasoline

Fledgling Freddie
This is hysterical :) Hail the new king of big, long books with probably no meaning whatsoever :D

:worthy:

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Can't wait for the rest, gogo m8, great stuff. Atm I am reading Adams' "The true meaning of Liff" so it is spot on :D

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Our intrepid couple are fortunate enough, as some rather sadistic people would see it, to have stumbled though a “nethole” into the Mythical land of Hibernia. The guide has rather a lot to say about this place, and every sentence in its rather lengthy entry has the word “trees” in it.

The book goes on to describe the most beneficial exports of this land, which include trees, Guiness – an odd tar like drink reminiscent of liquid Martmite, strange stories of Leprechauns, and more trees. Rumour has it the inhabitants don’t actually live in the trees, but tend to grow and awful lot of them, despite the fact they are inedible, they grow them as their main crop, and hence their population is kept rather low due to a lack of food.

The Hitchhikers guide also describes in as little detail as possible, the worst and least called for export, poetry. Their rambling about old days and leprechauns can extend into hours, days and even months in accents difficult to understand and normally mind-numbingly boring. But it seems all Hibernian children must suffer its tuition from birth. Visitors to the land although unwelcome and often beaten to death with oddly shaped sticks, are forced to endure their captor’s satirical and highly unentertaining drivel.

Arthur has failed to notice his still half naked backside protruding from the seat he is under, and as we gaze upon the two heros, their little excursion is about to take a turn for the worst.

“Well what-we-be-aving-ere then?”

A rather large handed Firbolg reaches below his seat, prodding Arthur’s posterior.

Arthur: “I say, do you mind!”
Firbolg: “Should I indeed, indeed!”
Arthur: “Hope you washed your hands before…”
Firbolg: “Arrr, what’ll you be doing on me boat then?”
Nissan: “oh, just passing through.”

The Firbolg scans his hand, having misread Nissan’s comment.

Firbolg: “Sooo, you be stealing a ride will-ya-be eh?”
Arthur: “Not really, we got here in a freak accident!”
Firbolg: “Oh reaaallllyyy… LIAR!! You be after me Lucky Stars!”
Arthur: “Lucky stars? I didn’t even know there was such a thing!”
Nissan: “Now look here my dear…..chap, we didn’t mean to land here, its just one of those annoying things that happens when you least expect it, just drop us at the nearest port and we’ll be on our way.”

Firbolgs are best described as being “Thick” and “out of proportion”. Detailed sketches of them are rare, as normally anyone who is around long enough to put pen to paper discovers that their paper wasn’t big enough to get their head on. Known for their strength and fearlessness in battle, mainly due to them not having the common sense to run away, Firbolgs are said to make ideal cannon fodder.

With this, the Firbolg grabbed Arthur by his head; his had encompassing his entire skull, and began to drag him down the length of the ship. Nissan could only watch nervously as Arthur was then dropped in front of a small blue man.

Firbolg: “Boss, I be finding this over there, you want it or shall I toss it overboard?”

The little blue man was in fact a Lurikeen, who are said to be “The only brains in Hibernian, and who don’t like trees.” Only one entry exists for them, three words embossed deeply into their parchment in blood, highlighted in fairy dust and underlined in a rather large arial font, saying “DO NOT TRUST!”.

Luri: “So, what-we-be-havin-here then?”
Arthur: “He’s done that line already!”
Luri: “So you think you can steal a ride on my mighty boat do ya?”
Arthur: “Not really, I did try and explain to your rather cumbersome companion that it was an accident.”
Luri: “Well, welcome aboard to me likkle boat then, now empty ya pockets!”
Arthur: “I dint have any trousers, let alone pockets!”
Luri: “Oh that be a fine predicament then, ya see ya got ta pay ya way ya see!”
Arthur: “With WHAT?”
Luri: “YA LIFE MWAHAHAHA”

With this the boat filled with a rather disturbing sound of belly laughter from the crew. The Lurikeen began to rub his chin and grin evilly.

Luri: “Well, no cash, no ride, ye be heading for the sea me thinks.”
Nissan: “Now lets not be rash here, drop us at the nearest port and well be no trouble to you.”
Luri: “Whos to say you’re not a spy then, sent by King Constapation.”
Nissan: “Constantine..”
Luri: “bleshyou!”
Arthur: “Im as much a spy as you are a rocket scientist!”
Luri: “Rocket what….whats a rocket too?”
Arthur: “Never mind, its just a saying.”
Nissan: “Look, perhaps we can help row or something?”

The Lurikeen laughed more than before, his audience of rather large Firbolgs began to cry too.

Luri: “It’s the plank for you ya hear!”
Arthur: “This isn’t my day you know.”
Nissan: “I did tell you not to build that wall….”
Arthur: “Im about to become shark bait and your quoting me ‘I told you so’, Nissan your timing blows.”
Nissan: “Well it could be worse….”
Luri: “Now I wont say Im not a generous chap, so to send you off to ya watery grave Ill let you hear my latest poem, entitled “swimming with bricks on your ankles!”
Nissan: “Spoke too soon, it just got worse!”

Hibernian poetry is said to be the slowest and most painful form of torture known. Slower than trying to cut your wrists with a bar of soap or trying to poison yourself with excessive amounts of coca-cola. This being said, it does not even compare to the endless ramblings of men called “developers” who churn out hundreds of pages of inane drivel daily about how life will change, only to change their minds and do the complete opposite the next. This has been said to drive hoards of Minstrels, Thanes and Reavers to their graves over the course of many, many years.

Our story continues a few hours in the future, where we find Nissan and Arthur trying to cut their wrists with a bar of soap kindly provided by the sympathetic Firbolg crew.

Luri: “The trees are alive with the sound of music…….trees……trees…..leprechauns……trees…”

And so on.

Arthur: “I don’t know how much more of this I can take!”
Nissan: “Me either, hope you can swim!”
Arthur: “Ill have you know I passed my level 5 drowning course, at least I had a water breathing potion then!”
Nissan: “That’s not very helpful right now is it? Come on, lets make a jump for it!”

Luri: “The leprechauns are alive with the sound of music…….trees……trees…..leprechauns……trees…”

Just as Nissan and Arthur jump from the boat, they cross into yet another of the mysterious barriers they encountered before. Swimming through the strange aura, Arthur’s trousers can be seen in the distance, dancing to the music of a drum held by a rather stoned Celt, who waves as they pass him.

Arthur: “What now then?”
Nissan: “Beats me, must be we are porting to Atlantis.”
Arthur: “But we havnt had this patch yet!”
Nissan: “Ahh, we must be on Gorre then!”
Arthur: “Gorre? Isnt that the really hard level on Doom 3?”
Nissan: “How would you know, its not out yet!”
Arthur: “Oh, well there’s this Mercenary I know called Bit Torrent….”
Nissan: “Him? Thought he got banged up for Blasphemy, claiming that Half Life 2 would be out on time.”
Arthur: “No, he got a suspended sentence due to his key role in promoting Camelot in the UK…”
Nissan: “Hey, look! Another ship!!”
Arthur: “That’s no ship, it’s a big fish!”

Indeed ahead of our duo was a large fish, looking rather lost and bewildered. Along his side were small portholes, and the words “Beta Excursion!”

Nissan: “Wow, what luck, do you know the odds of finding one of those anywhere!”
Arthur: “Only odds I know is you and this damn book!”

The two flapped their feet in a sort of swimming motion towards the large beast, whereas the fish decided they looked rather tasty, and decided to use them for lunch….

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Lejemorder said:
fss!! he is called ford and not nissan :(, but keep up the good work :p
The names have been changed to protect the innocent.

That and it wouldnt be funneh if I copied the entire story, besides breaching copyright :p

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
old.Whoodoo said:
The little blue man was in fact a Lurikeen, who are said to be “The only brains in Hibernian, and who don’t like trees.” Only one entry exists for them, three words embossed deeply into their parchment in blood, highlighted in fairy dust and underlined in a rather large arial font, saying “DO NOT TRUST!”.

ROFLMAO

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Cool story!, never go anywhere without your towel! :D

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
OK, next installment will be next week, sorry I left it in limbo :)

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Sorry for the huge bumpage, didn't realise the date of last post. :p

Just say it at the bottom, as a related thread when reading ironheart's rvr guide. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom