The Gwadien Goes Travelling Thread

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
How old did you say you were?

Hope that was a sarcastic remark. Only peeps going are 18 y/o's, middle age trash and divorced mums.

@Gwadien You were going to the baltic countries right

I'm 21.

I'm not all about the clubs and shit, I like going out, but it's more bars and chilling, or a gig.

& Yes.

gwadientrip_zpsmfsngdjq.png

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Just so you know @Gwadien ... This is a map of northern Sweden's railways. As much as I love that part of the country (I grew up and lived there most of my life) The Train north, pretty much from Gävle and up, is boring as fuck. It takes 12-18 hours iirc from Stockholm to Boden (Important railway hub in the north) and all you will see is trees. I'm not even kidding, you might see a field for three seconds, and if you are really lucky a cow on said field, but other then that it will be trees.
If you want to experience the exotic parts of northern Sweden, Finland, and Norway, make a dedicated trip there so you can sleep a night or two in the wilds (organized trip, not just outside like a bum). My suggestion is that you go to Stockholm, take a visit to Uppsala (beautiful town, lots of history) and then take a ferry to Vasa, Åbo, or Helsinki.
swe.png

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
How old did you say you were?

Hope that was a sarcastic remark. Only peeps going are 18 y/o's, middle age trash and divorced mums.

@Gwadien You were going to the baltic countries right
I am sure a married womanwould think viking cruises filled with alcohol and sex would be fun. Or at least anyone over 28

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
No. I thought it was just banter.

I love Yoni dearly.
We had our moments back in 2006 / 2007.

You know chaps since I stopped being a mod (back in the day when mods had to be whiter than white) sometimes I like to express my more venomous sides... Yes I do have the ability not to be a fluffy bunny all the time ;)

Oh and these days I love you too @Big G

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Give advice, or you can give me a beer en route, or give me a bed, or loving, @TdC

random things rule :)

some stuff:
if you want into countries non EU, crack on with getting your visas. make sure you have them before finalizing your trip.
consider not using the train for everything, because it generally takes quite a while to get to where you want to go. consider booking (national) budget planes if you can. they will certainly save you traveltime, and may even be cheaper, unless you have an all-in ticket. Example: it takes something like 12hrs to train from Amsterdam to Copenhagen in net time, so call it 16 real hrs. It takes you 75 mins to fly there, so call it 4 hrs. Gives you half a day more to score some smack.

that said, long haul trains are great for catching up on your reading / sleep / blog / planning / cross-country wanks, because travelling by train can take so long. You can study up a little about where you're going, etc.

Do in fact study up a little about where you are planning to go, but imo try not to over-plan. A friend told me recently that the best thing she ever did was give up trying to go to all the sights. Travelling always wrecked her because she tried to do/see everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom