The Ghost is back

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Few months ago I started a thread on BW about our house being haunted, the missus seeing a figure at the bottom of the stairs etc, Stuff moving around the house, me hearing running at the top of the stairs when no one was in the house except me(wifey was outside with our son).

Anywho, things quietened down for a few months till a few days ago. About 5.30 on Tues I got in form work, made a brew etc. I was sat in the conservatory messing about on the PC. Next thing I hear this almighty bang from the Kitchen. Now at first I thought it was our dog who had been messing about. However he was lay in front of the fire. I went in the Kitchen and the refuse bin had been tipped on its side and the lid was off. Now the bin was on a flat surface so there was nothing really that could of made it fall over without any kind of force to do so.

Weds night me and the wife was going to bed. I let the dog out and she goes up stairs. Let the dog in and locked all the doors. Went into the Kitxhen and I started hearing a voice from what I thought was the bottom of the stairs. It was extremely hard to make out what was said. I just passed it off as the wife asking me to do something before I came up. Got upstairs and said I thought you was in bed and what did she want. She said she didnt want anything. I said I heard you say something. She assures me she came straight upstairs, got in bed and said nothing.

Thursday night our son who is nearly 2 kept waking up. He usually goes off to bed around 7.00 and wakes up about 6.00 the next day. All of that week he was waking up every hour or so just really restless. There was some unusuall noises coming form his baby monitor. Unusuall in the respect that it picks up everything from the radiator cooling down to him breathing. These noises were just well unusuall in the respect we have not heard them before.

Anyway on this particular night Both of us go up stairs. My wife sits next to the cot singing him a lullaby. I sit on the other side of the room just watching the pair of them. Whilst I was there I was 100% sure I seen something moving in his bin. More to the point moving one of his nappies in the bin. Note not a drop of Alchohol had passed me lips. Thats it for this particular instance.

Damini

Part of the furniture
Leave a tape recorder recording sounds in his room at night. But if you do pick up something, don't play it here or I really think my heart will shut down with fright.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Don't take this a comment on your house, I'm just a sceptic, but it could have just been a rat that knocked over your bin. :p

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Damini said:
Leave a tape recorder recording sounds in his room at night. But if you do pick up something, don't play it here or I really think my heart will shut down with fright.
Believe me when the bin fell over, thats the first time I smelt adrenaline

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Loxleyhood said:
Don't take this a comment on your house, I'm just a sceptic, but it could have just been a rat that knocked over your bin. :p

Could well have been. My wife was a complete and utter sceptic until she saw somebody walk up the stairs and then through them

the_hermit

Fledgling Freddie
With you on this one mate. We've got all kinds of oddness going on in our house, including the "moved without cause" and "noises on the monitor". We KNOW there was no physical way things (mugs, ornaments, bottles etc) could have been knocked over, but they just "go for it".

Sounds on the monitor, people said "could be static or interference" but we know it's not - we had to buy our monitor from the states and it cost a fortune and is guarenteed to be interference free. Someone said it could just be the kids mucking us around, but at 2am when you hear something moving around in their room and look in at two sleeping kids, you KNOW it's not them. If they are awake till 9pm it's a surprise.

While I've never fancied it, you can get people in to try and figure what the ghosts are, male, female etc... Not my cuppa though :)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
How about you set up a load of HQ video cameras and show us your ghost...

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Dont you dare! I dont want to see nothing! Reading the thread has freaked me out enough, sell your house and get out.

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Funny things is we dont feel threatened by it. Granted some fo the noise on the baby monitor could be static, interference or whatever but after living here for nearly 5 years you kind of get to know your house if you know what I mean. The noises it makes and when it makes them. I know the women who rented the house before we bought it. She had some of the same experiences that we did. She got a medium in and they thought that it was a little girl.

Of course we could get video cameras etc. All that does is let it run your life and tries to convice people that something is going on when they dont beleive it themselves. On the very slim that you do catch something on tape, what do you do then. Its still not going to change the situation

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
If you get any pictures and/or a tape running stick em on the inet, it freaks me out to fuck listening to em but i'm curious at the same time so it evens out, i'm into this sort of stuff so i wouldn't mind having a gander. :)

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
I have to say i dont believe in ghosts, and would be interested in pictures and recordings just to see if someone can produce a more rational explanation.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
RandomBastard said:
I have to say i dont believe in ghosts, and would be interested in pictures and recordings just to see if someone can produce a more rational explanation.

Same here...

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
If I had a son I think I'd follow this up ... maybe because my house has a cat problem. In the middle of the night, random cats from around the neighbourhood steal in through the catflap and knock over bins, rattle dishes and containers on the worktop, and do nasty evil things to my bin. I cannot lock the thing at night because I have a cat myself :mad:

Hot Soup

Fledgling Freddie
You dont by any chance have a large attic space and supsicious looking holes in your ceiling :x ?

the_hermit

Fledgling Freddie
Hot Soup said:
You dont by any chance have a large attic space and supsicious looking holes in your ceiling :x ?

hehehehehe top episode of a top series :D

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
Ash if it is a ghost you have to ask yourself why has it suddenly come back? What day/time did it appear before the current events? It may appear at certain periods of the year or it could be someone in the house.

Some ghosts react to human emotions (so I'm told). If someone is upset or stressed or unwell e.t.c it could of reappeared due to that and by solving any negative vibes the ghost should disappear.

You could also setup your webcam to record sound and images? Something simple like that to see what is going on or get some mates around for the evening and see what happens although I don't know if you want to find out for certain if your house is haunted :/

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
Would you leave the baby alone in the room with a ghost? I sure as hell wouldnt :(

Ghosts just freak me out. No explaining some stuff

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
I had something strange happen to me a few years back.

I used to work as a Projectionist in an old cinema, me and 2 other projectionists used to stay behind until the early hours of the morning waiting for the films to arrive so we could make them up. As you can imagine this was a boring time for us and so we had to find ways to amuse ourselves, this involved turning all the lights out in the auditoriums and playing hide and seek in the dark, it was so dark you could not see your hand even if you put it 1cm infront of your face.

Anyway towards the end of one of these sessions we all got bored and decided we would go home and wait instead, the other 2 went downstairs while I went up to the projection room and turned everything off. (To get to the projection room you had to walk through the auditorium and up 2 flights of stairs). Anyway, once I turned it all off I walked to the top of the auditorium only to find all the lights were out (which was normal as I had just turned everything off), I stood there for a while thinking shit how can I see where I'm going, it was at this point the strange thing happened.

As I was trying to find the stairs to get down I head a growling hoarse whispery voice say my name, at first I thought it was my mates messing around but then I heard it again and I can only describe it as sounding all around me yet very close, it was at this stage that I shit myself and ran forward as fast as I could, falling over 2 rows of seats and eventually finding the stairs, when I got down the stairs the other 2 were sitting in the managers office waiting for me, and as there was no PA system I know for a fact it wasn't them, they claim they didn't hear anything but it defiantly shit me up and my heart felt like it was gonna explode. Needless to say I felt very uneasy about entering that particular auditorium by myself evern when the lights were on, it never happened again though and nothing like it has ever happened to me again.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
You know Shovel, I'm tempted to offer the use of my equipment to record these spooky goings on. There would be no background noise, interference, anything, it would all be broadcast quality.

But then again, you're just some internet dude on a forum, and no fucking way are you getting anywhere near my expensive kit :D

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
To be honest, I think it's you. There's no evidence of anything there. BW thread's incidents were much more substantial. Is there a problem with your life atm? Stress or anything? Often leads to stuff like this.

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Swift^ said:
To be honest, I think it's you. There's no evidence of anything there. BW thread's incidents were much more substantial. Is there a problem with your life atm? Stress or anything? Often leads to stuff like this.
Because of some problems with some family members recently my life could be interpreted as more stressfull. I suppose being an unwitting & unknowing partner to fraud has that effect

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Talking of Ghosts...

Just seen Frank Skinner interviewing Robin Gibb (from the BeeGee's) and he lives in a house that is about a 1000 years old.

He says in his house he has a font (the thing for holding holy water and not the script type) that at times, no matter what the weather is like, fills up with water. He's had people around to find out why it fills with water and so far has no explanation for it.

Thats pretty weird...

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Sounds like that statue, become some sort of a holy icon now and a mystery, its a statue made completely out of stone, which somehow drinks milk when held to the statues mouth. :eek7:

Tenko

Fledgling Freddie
Tom said:
You know Shovel, I'm tempted to offer the use of my equipment to record these spooky goings on. There would be no background noise, interference, anything, it would all be broadcast quality.

But then again, you're just some internet dude on a forum, and no fucking way are you getting anywhere near my expensive kit :D

Tom, don't think we're letting you near any haunted houses ever again, You've caused enough trouble ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom