Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The Tomorrow War.

Oh fuck yes.

I don't give a fuck, film of the year.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I was hoping for The Forever War by Joe Haldeman.

Will watch tho :)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
The Tomorrow War.

Oh fuck yes.

Brainless shit, glorious.

I'm not sure if I like every film Chris Pratt being in having an element of comedy in it it though.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
He's marvel though innit

I've not had so much fun watching a film since the first independence day.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
The Tomorrow War.

Oh fuck yes.

Hokey, cliche filled rubbish. I think it managed every stupid idea from every time travel movie and every alien war movie in one go.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Absolutely! Brilliant, wasn't it?

They even threw in a little Titanic Easter egg too.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
There's a bit of an argument brewing in our household. I Want to watch Black Widow as soon as I get home from work, Mrs JBP| does not.
I would normally claim victory in these matters but as she is recovering from a cancer removal operation I think I'd better let her decide when we finally get to see it.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I will start in about 5 mins huzzah

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
There's a bit of an argument brewing in our household. I Want to watch Black Widow as soon as I get home from work, Mrs JBP| does not.
I would normally claim victory in these matters but as she is recovering from a cancer removal operation I think I'd better let her decide when we finally get to see it.
Wishing Mrs JBP a speedy recovery

JBP|

Part of the furniture
In a shocking turn of events, we just finished watching it. Loved it.

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Fear Street Part 1 (1994)

Watched the first episode / instalment / movie last night. Some very familiar Scream, Stranger Things tropes going on. It has a weird vibe as the first part definitely caters to a younger audience in my opinion. As it nears it's close it really does up the ante a bit and does get a bit darker with a nice twist at the end.

What I did like was in the middle of the movie there is a part where the group of antagonists need to make a trip to the local hospital. Immediately, any John Carpenter fan will have a wry smile. If it is not an exact re-creation, then it certainly has taken a LOT of creative license ;)

While there is nothing majorly ground-breaking, dare I say an element of predictability, it's good to get something new on the horror scene

Worth a watch

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Watched Black Widow last night.

Was struggling how to describe it. But the o/h just did manged it in five words: "It was a bit shit".

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South

Was struggling how to describe it. But the o/h just did manged it in five words: "It was a bit shit".

Ignoring the continuity errors and.. Yeah, wasn't the best Marvel film of the year. We'll probably rewatch it at some point to give it another chance.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Ignoring the continuity errors and.. Yeah, wasn't the best Marvel film of the year. We'll probably rewatch it at some point to give it another chance.

Given none of the others have come out yet, that's a strange claim. What continuity errors?

I quite enjoyed it. The dynamic was good.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Winter Soldier done worse...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Given none of the others have come out yet, that's a strange claim. What continuity errors?

I quite enjoyed it. The dynamic was good.
Yeah. Agree with that. But overall, I think it was weak.

The prison break sequence was awful. Really really bad. Overall the whole thing struck me as a bit shit (including the underuse of Ray Winstone - the first time your really meet him is when he dies). The use of a really strong bad guy is key to making any good action movie like this.

The thing that struck me was that the family relationship was working very well and was completely believeable. In fact, that was the best part of the film by far.

Although I hate the song when dad was singing it to daughter was the best scene in the film - and I actually found it jarring that the action kicked in.

:)

dysfunction

FH is my second home

The prison break sequence was awful. Really really bad. Overall the whole thing struck me as a bit shit (including the underuse of Ray Winstone - the first time your really meet him is when he dies). The use of a really strong bad guy is key to making any good action movie like this.

The thing that struck me was that the family relationship was working very well and was completely believeable. In fact, that was the best part of the film by far.

Although I hate the song when dad was singing it to daughter was the best scene in the film - and I actually found it jarring that the action kicked in.

I can agree with most of that. I still enjoyed it though!

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

All that and you left out
Henchman being daughter who's only use in the movie is cheap pop nostalgia callbacks to more popular MCU characters but who does absolutely nothing with their powers

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Avengers is pretty much done now anyway, they will still cash in though, with this sort of shit.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
All that and you left out
Henchman being daughter who's only use in the movie is cheap pop nostalgia callbacks to more popular MCU characters but who does absolutely nothing with their powers
You ever watch The Tick?

We kept seeing the guy who lived on Danger Boat every time we saw her.

They were clearly trying very hard to shoehorn connections in - to the point that tgey forgot to give the bad guys a purpose/something to do

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Meh, I'm surprised that there isn't more outrage over the snowflake agenda of that film; all men are bad and the only bad women are brainwashed by men, m'kay?

Even in the family, the Dad turned out to be thick whilst the Mum was the actual brains ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
@Gwadien
It's hard to be outraged at something so pathetic and obvious.

I did point out to Tam that that sort of shit is becoming very tiresome - two wrongs don't make a right, equality not being served yadda yadda yadda. But more because it was groanworthy, not outrage inducing

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Meh, I'm surprised that there isn't more outrage over the snowflake agenda of that film; all men are bad and the only bad women are brainwashed by men, m'kay?

Even in the family, the Dad turned out to be thick whilst the Mum was the actual brains ;)
I think it's just expected these days from Hollywood. Not much point getting upset over that rubbish. From what I saw in the media fans were more bent out of shape over the Taskmaster gender swap. But, Marvel is doing that to everything these days. Doesn't bother me as I was never a fan of comics. It's just a popcorn action flick, disengage brain before watching. Still, story wise it was rather ludicrous in places but overall worth a watch.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
"Popcorn flick" only goes so far imo, there were a few too many eye rolls in The Tomorrow War for me to find the whole thing entertaining.

Anyway, I want Deadpool reviewing and/or reacting to more stuff (I know it's just about a roundabout way of advertising Reynolds' own film but it's funny).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom