The future of Saturday Sidi raids?

C

catalina

Since Falcor has decided to retire from running open-invite raids on Saturdays, is the demand for them still high?

If yes, then i may think about leading them in my own inimitable style :wink:

For info on what to expect from a raid led by me, pester some Fellowship alliance members who regularly attend our Sunday invite-only Sidi trips :p

O

old.Zeikerd

After visiting lots of Sidi raids, I have everything Sidi has to offer, except the Apoc only stuff. The goal if Sidi raids should be to kill Apocalypse. Me and some others are after the necklaces Apoc drop.

D

dimerian

I think open-raids are very wanted still ;) So if you have patience to run and experience,I believe many would appreaciate it (with clear rules etc.),including me :eek:

B

Bleri McThrust

Originally posted by catalina

For info on what to expect from a raid led by me, pester some Fellowship alliance members who regularly attend our Sunday invite-only Sidi trips :p

Cat's Sunday raids are great :clap:

Well organised, well thought out and well ...... great :)

C

catalina

/em passes Bleri the MP thrust pole as payment :wink:

A

adaptive

Open Raids are definately wanted. I have a fg of Knights Who Say Ni just hankering for a raid or 2... we all want to start getting some Sidi bits and pieces... I'll keep an eye on the forums and see if you'll have us along ;-)

And of course, anyone running invite only raids.. Invite a fg of KWSN ;-) We're luuuuurvely folk ;-)

S

snowpantherke

Hello,

I would like to start doing open Sidi Raids on saturdays.
The only problem is that i need a person to pull (experienced) + someone who knows Sidi very well.
If you would like to help me with one of the above, you can tell me in this thread.
I might do a sidi raid this saturday if its not taken yet, but this will only happend if i have a puller + person who knows sidi well.

Rulez :
1. There is no RR5+ only rule bollox
2. Only players of level 48 and above may lotto for weapons
3. There is no preclaiming

Standard raid rules:
-Anon off please.
-Going afk for long periods of time will be penalised with a warning** and more is afkness is persistant
-Patience is needed. Certain parts of the raid are simple zergs. Others require a little more time and technique, the more patient and cooperative people are, the quicker these bits go.
-Drops should be given to me as soon as they are dropped. Sooner I have them, sooner raid progresses.
-Make sure you are in the CG from when we enter sidi.... i will take a screenshot of the CG listing and if you are not on that list and no-one can vouch for your presence on the raid then you will not recieve an item if you win it in the lottory
-Players will do as they are told at all times, if i have to ask more than once for you to do something and you still do not co-operate, a warning** will be given.
-Understand that leading whilst answering numerous private messages means that things have to slow down, try to make sure that all necessary pm's take place before the raid starts
-Excessive spamage of the main chat band is forbidden

**3 warnings mean a ban from lotto

Lotto rules:

-Lotto for respec stones will be first, if u roll for a stone u cannot roll for other drops, this is so all stones get used and not sold on.
-One item per person, need before greed, expect to see no one selling stuff straight after raid on trade forums....
-Where possible items will go to ppl who have most suitable spec.
-Min lvl for entering lotto is 45.
-Min lvl for lotto of weapons is 48
-Players may only bid on an item if their class and spec can use it. There is one exception to this rule, and that is Sidi Armour. Since the goal is to gather a full suit of this armour. Having said this, armour which is not part of the full Sidi suit depends on spec.
-Apoc neckies will go to those with full suits of sidi armour, any with full set should pm me before the raid to make an arangement
-If you desperately(MUST BE DESPERATE NEED, A LOT OF PPL NOW LEAVING CUZ THEY CANT BE BOTHERED TO STAY FOR ONE ITEM, NOT AN EXCUSE) need to leave before the lotto, you may get someone else to represent you in the lotto. However, he will only be able to bid on drops which dropped before you left, and you must pm me when you leave saying who shall be bidding for you.
-U may only lotto for weapon dye IF u have a Sidi weapon
-Group friendly classes may bring their group friendly class and roll for a lvl50 alt. Current list of group friendly classes....
-Clerics(ABOVE ALL)
-Ice wizards
-Theurgists(pet spam important)
-Necromancers
-Paladins
-Minimum level of the group friendly class you take is 45
-Minimum level of the alt you lotto for is 50
If ppl wish to do this they MUST pm and tell me BEFORE we enter SIDI
-There will be no RR5+ only rule on apoc weapons, this is because it is petti and pointless... the .3 of extra dps is equal to the amount of DPS lost when you lose 1% condition on a masterpiece weapon. How many of you can honestly say you run around with a 100% condition sword all of the time, i doubt there is many. Falcor goes on about the speed of the weapon, i highly doubt that this would effect the damage output significantly enough to justify that RR4 or below who help kill apocalypse can't have the weapon.

DO NOT BIND AT GWYNTELL LOTTO WILL BE AT GOTHWAITE HARBOUR OR AT APOCALYPSE

Srry i copied the rules and past em , but it are nice rules !

Greetings ,
Sneeuwpanter/Quivera theurg 50 / arms 50

X

xplo

yey Sidi raids are gonna be lead by a 16 year old girl xD n/o
I'll have Pin raids with guild groups -_- PIN4TEHWIN!!1

B

bob007

Rulez :
1. There is no RR5+ only rule bollox

Is a rule about not having a rule, a rule or an opinion ? :)

GL with who ever takes on this task of leading a public sidi raid, Sadly if you've lead guild/alliance raid before, I think this may frustrate you a little at first. 40 odd guildies/alliance members listen to what there asked to do, 100+ random albs don't.

And in may experiance, 40 odd listening ppl > 100 random ppl Mostly :)

L

Lizia

You want an expierianced puller and you want an expierianced person who knows sidi. So in fact you do not lead the raid but they do.......

Lizia

O

old.Zeikerd

I know Sidi pretty well. I'm willing to help, but when I help, I would like to get an increased chance to get one specific drop from Apoc. People will flame me from here to Tokio for that on BW and wont come to the Sidi because some gimp RR2 tank also has the 'right' for that drop etc etc...
So if you want me I'll help. I have the maps and stuff.

G

gunner440

I know I can
Be what I wanna be
If I work hard at it
I'll be where I wanna be

i want to play and try out the new raids =((((((((((

nas is great6

K

Kagato.

I don't care who leads or what the rules are, I just want to see Apoc die for once :(

M

marchegiani

Originally posted by xplo
yey Sidi raids are gonna be lead by a 16 year old girl xD n/o
I'll have Pin raids with guild groups -_- PIN4TEHWIN!!1

I too would love to see Pin step in on saturdays with guild only invititational sidi raids but I dont think that would be fair to the rest of albion and tbh, knowing the shit that Falcor and Aligro had to put up with, i doubt Pin would be willing to lead "open" Sidi raids.

But yeah, Pin sidi raids rock!

F

Fagane

Originally posted by old.Zeikerd
I know Sidi pretty well. I'm willing to help, but when I help, I would like to get an increased chance to get one specific drop from Apoc. People will flame me from here to Tokio for that on BW and wont come to the Sidi because some gimp RR2 tank also has the 'right' for that drop etc etc...
So if you want me I'll help. I have the maps and stuff.

Never done something and already claiming?

twink

P

Powahhh

well do not care who is gonna make the new open raids but
i do not want a lvl48 arms take a life a bane over me....
the lotto rules has to be rewarding for all but also rewarding to the lvl50 ppls that has spend a lot of time on this fucken game
that's why i liked the rr5 rule from falcor (not on all weapons ofc)
he understands that some ppls that have spend a lot of months on this game have to get a reward....
imo the 48 min lvl for weapons is stupid.....about the 90% of the sidi weapons are very good and usefull to wasted on an alt ......

V

Vorcyn

Powahhh, think about it, if they are level 48, theres a very high chance that they are actually playing it, and not just rolling for a weapon they can put on a char they will never use. :rolleyes:

G

Gordonax

Originally posted by powahhh

the lotto rules has to be rewarding for all but also rewarding to the lvl50 ppls that has spend a lot of time on this fucken game

Hmm yeah, it takes all of a day longer to get from 48 to 50.

C

catalina

Originally posted by powahhh

How many lvl50 chars do u think are bought or PL'd nowadays?

U think that someone who was PL'd to 50 by their necro m8 deserves the drop more than someone who has exped their way to 48 and put in the effort on the raid as well? Granted some of the 48+ will be PL'd as well but that's no reason to deny them any drop. What would be the point of goin to Sidi if you were under 50 when you know you can't lotto for a drop.

The non-RR5 50's whine about <50 gettin drops, the RR5 50's whine about the non-RR5 50's gettin drops, and no matter what rules we employ there will be ppl whining. Simple fact is, this weekend the lotto will be 48+, if you don't like the rules you don't have to come on the raid, the choice is ultimately yours ;)

I

Ialkarn

Originally posted by Gordonax
Hmm yeah, it takes all of a day longer to get from 48 to 50.

Then do it:
don't wait an event to get easy xp and make the group where you playing weaker cause you can't be arsed to xp in a normal way.

T

thorwyntf

Why on earth is it so hard to understand that the guy who´s running the raid is also the guy who´s making the goddamn rules and that every debate and argument about how stupid it is that yadda yadda and "if´s" and "but´s" and "then´s" is just a pathetic waste of time.
We all know what all the sides are thinking. We´ve read each and every argument over and over again. And if you can´t live with the current rules, then stay aways from the raid, read the "Sidi booking sheet" thread, book Sidi for a night and raid Sidi with your allies and your very own and shiny, custom made rules. But don´t.. DO NOT! waste another raid leader who´s willing to work for everybody (cuz that´s the idea behind OPEN) so you guys can have a chance to get your greedy hands on that precious bane of life.

C

catalina

Originally posted by thorwyntf
Why on earth is it so hard to understand that the guy who´s running the raid is also the guy who´s making the goddamn rules and that every debate and argument about how stupid it is that yadda yadda and "if´s" and "but´s" and "then´s" is just a pathetic waste of time.
We all know what all the sides are thinking. We´ve read each and every argument over and over again. And if you can´t live with the current rules, then stay aways from the raid, read the "Sidi booking sheet" thread, book Sidi for a night and raid Sidi with your allies and your very own and shiny, custom made rules. But don´t.. DO NOT! waste another raid leader who´s willing to work for everybody (cuz that´s the idea behind OPEN) so you guys can have a chance to get your greedy hands on that precious bane of life.

OMG someone with common sense, surely it's not possible on BW ;)

G

Gordonax

Originally posted by Ialkarn
Then do it:
don't wait an event to get easy xp and make the group where you playing weaker cause you can't be arsed to xp in a normal way.

Except that the XP from a Sidi zerg sucks. It's a long and boring way to get XP. If you want to get from 48 to 50 fast, then doing all the SI quests and XPing in AC is much easier, faster, and more interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread