Religion The Fucking Left

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Oh, I see what you're saying. He's black.

That's not what it's about.

I'd suggest that when a particular part of the political spectrum is happy to describe a black guy as a white supremacist, then several sharks have been jumped.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'd suggest that when a particular part of the political spectrum is happy to describe a black guy as a white supremacist, then several sharks have been jumped.
Buh? Didn't see that anywhere.

I don't think people have read the article tbh. In the same way that the article writer has not bothered understanding the show properly.

It's a wankfest all around.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I'm not going to read it because its probably incredibly dull.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

That's not what the article said. The gist of it is Chappelle feels its OK to be homophobic, transphobic or whatever because a. he sees most gays as white first and gay/trans etc. second, and b. because injustices against blacks are more important and pernicious than injustices against gays etc. Hence its the spectre of these groups having "white privilege" that he thinks gives him permission to make jokes about them.

Its all a load of bollocks of course, but its not the load of bollocks you thought it was.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
=Black man makes lots of jokes based on race for Netflix, lots of people have a chuckle because they haven't got much else to do. Some people get triggered by it all.

Or something or other. Jesus fucking Christ. Why don't people put this much energy into learning a new skill? How many hours a day do these fucktards waste on getting offended?

Last edited:

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Surely the worst thing you can possibly do if you disagree with his point of view is to click on the link, especially without an ad blocker.

You click on the article = good for the NPR = 'journalist' is worth his pay.

Bodhi

Surely the worst thing you can possibly do if you disagree with his point of view is to click on the link, especially without an ad blocker.

You click on the article = good for the NPR = 'journalist' is worth his pay.

See that's why I was only commenting on the quote in the tweet itself - the joke's on those saying "That's not what he meant" - mainly as they actually read the article and gave the moron writing it clicks....

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
See that's why I was only commenting on the quote in the tweet itself - the joke's on those saying "That's not what he meant" - mainly as they actually read the article and gave the moron writing it clicks....
I think the joke is on twitter users because it shows conclusively that they're not taking about stuff even remotely relevant to anything - hence the name "twitter".

It literally is a waste of life :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Oh do fuck off...

...since that's not what the Tweet does or the content behind it, just your flat out incorrect interpretation of it. Don't try to turn "I misunderstood the tweet", into "look how clever I am because I'm too edgy to do the research".

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
To clarify, you're talking about the Tories in 'The fucking left' thread?

Okay, just checking.
It's a fair criticism but I think it's reasonable to have this in here because it's a perfect example of what happens when you start accelerating down the road of free-speech thought crime.

The idea of hate crime is the left's invention and is ludicrous - with these sorts of (predicted) outcomes.

Crime is crime.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
When the conservatives ban online anonymity off the back of the recent murder, will that also be the fault of the fucking left?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
When the conservatives ban online anonymity off the back of the recent murder, will that also be the fault of the fucking left?
Definitely. Probably Keir Starmer and feminists somehow.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
1) Are they mooting that?
2) How would they achieve it?

And

3) Does it really exist anyway? :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
@caLLous not sure why you disagree but as someone who has dealt with warrants on ISP data I can tell you that no VPN service or ISP will fail provide the account/user data. So for a vast majority of cases they can find out.

Just becomes a question of if they can get the warrants signed off.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
@caLLous not sure why you disagree but as someone who has dealt with warrants on ISP data I can tell you that no VPN service or ISP will fail provide the account/user data. So for a vast majority of cases they can find out.

Just becomes a question of if they can get the warrants signed off.
Well, you've dialled it back to "a vast majority" which is probably more accurate. There are certainly VPN services who say they don't log but actually do but there are also certainly those who don't log anything so there's nothing to give up and even if they did, it would depend where they're based as to the jurisdiction and whether they have to comply. ExpressVPN had a server seized by the Turkish authorities in 2017 but they failed to find any logs because, as they'd already been told, there were no logs to find.

Then of course there's Tor, which is an entirely different (and more secure) kettle of fish.

If you're determined and scrupulous enough I'm sure you absolutely could evade law enforcement.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Ta @ECA. Not seen it. But a glut of stuff was bound to happen on the back of this.

Looks like if you've ponied up to facebook or instabang (which is insanity in itself tbh) then they're going to demand quicker access to your already well-known details.

It won't make an anonymous web impossible. It's just another exercise in data mining the masses and clearing away safeguards. This happens under both the tories and labour. (And not really what this thread is about but hey ho).

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Ta @ECA. Not seen it. But a glut of stuff was bound to happen on the back of this.

Looks like if you've ponied up to facebook or instabang (which is insanity in itself tbh) then they're going to demand quicker access to your already well-known details.

It won't make an anonymous web impossible. It's just another exercise in data mining the masses and clearing away safeguards. This happens under both the tories and labour. (And not really what this thread is about but hey ho).

This is literally the first paragraph in the thread.

People being forced to resign because they once made jokes, weren't nice to everyone when they were pre-teens might be the controversy of the moment but the dawn of social media seems very much to have given the rabid left a platform to chase after people, make lists and then really affect people's lives because they've decided that the moral transgression of the hour has been violated. And increasingly this is being written into the "free west"'s laws - with the result that we're increasingly rapidly becoming less free.

And about the case this thread was even about - the grenfell tower effigy guy that got prosecuted.
He is/was a member of the local conservative club - who suspended him out. Those fucking leftists down at the the conservative club.

Also this is a comment on a DAILY MAIL piece about him

1634601022482.png

those fucking leftists down at the daily mail .

At least in a few months if he posted it online he could be tracked down and prosecuted - imagine if he'd just used telegram in the first place.

Oh wait, Priti Patel wants to end E2E encryption as well.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Disagree @ECA. This is political opportunism in response to an MP's killing - and is fundamentally not what this thread is about at all (which deals with a new morality that's being policed largely by the demands of the public (and sometimes getting written into law, but generally having drastic consequences for people regardless)).

This is about fear. And that's common to all sides of the political spectrum (not public demand). As per this:

Oh wait, Priti Patel wants to end E2E encryption as well.
And Labour/leftist governments do too. ALL of our political masters want access to our encrypted communications - even though they know quite well that the danger to the public - especially from authoritarian asshats - is increased without our ability to encrypt communications.

The left (talking politicians here) want this too - and the only reason Priti Patel is making the case hard now is that the public are susceptible to this bullshit because people don't like to see people killed and shit can get through that otherwise wouldn't.

This thread isn't about this at all. This is about politicians (left or right) taking away our freedoms, plain and simple. This is day-to-day bread-and-butter stuff.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Well, you've dialled it back to "a vast majority" which is probably more accurate. There are certainly VPN services who say they don't log but actually do but there are also certainly those who don't log anything so there's nothing to give up and even if they did, it would depend where they're based as to the jurisdiction and whether they have to comply. ExpressVPN had a server seized by the Turkish authorities in 2017 but they failed to find any logs because, as they'd already been told, there were no logs to find.

Then of course there's Tor, which is an entirely different (and more secure) kettle of fish.

If you're determined and scrupulous enough I'm sure you absolutely could evade law enforcement.

They only get the data if they have legal warrants and the laws in the country require logs and LI framework. Which is most countries.

I worked with about 17 countries on a regular basis for this stuff. Every company has to have a process for data handover and LI (legal intercept) targeted and non targeted. It was part of my life for over 10 years.

Express VPN have to hold logs based on the laws of every country they have servers in. If they don't comply they should have licences removed and be shut down. No company can ignore local law.

Worst countries for this are Russia, China, India and Australia when I was doing it. EU was also starting to look at an Australian model of data and legal intercept as well. Not part of it any more but would love to know where that is headed.

TOR makes things more complicated but it's not unbreakable or untraceable.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
They only get the data if they have legal warrants and the laws in the country require logs and LI framework. Which is most countries.

I worked with about 17 countries on a regular basis for this stuff. Every company has to have a process for data handover and LI (legal intercept) targeted and non targeted. It was part of my life for over 10 years.

Express VPN have to hold logs based on the laws of every country they have servers in. If they don't comply they should have licences removed and be shut down. No company can ignore local law.

Worst countries for this are Russia, China, India and Australia when I was doing it. EU was also starting to look at an Australian model of data and legal intercept as well. Not part of it any more but would love to know where that is headed.

TOR makes things more complicated but it's not unbreakable or untraceable.
Ok, I'll defer to your experience with VPNs - I've only used them to get around geolocks (until the beeb blacklists the servers of the one I paid for, that is) - but the only stories you ever see about Tor sites being taken down or users being arrested stem from human error on their part (eg making a payment that leaves a trail). For massive international collaborative operations (I think there was one recently where they took control of a site - because of some human error or other on the admin's part - and ran it as a honeypot) I can see it bearing fruit but in the context of what we're talking about (stopping an individual going online anonymously), I don't see it.

Bodhi

Banning anonymous social media accounts sounds like an entirely sensible idea. After all, Facebook requires a real name and does all it can to prevent people posting anonymously, and Facebook is a beacon of sweetness and light and everyone getting along with each other, with no hurty words used on that platform whatsoever.

No idea what anonymous accounts have to do with a Snackbar going mad and stabbing an MP, but hey ho, authoritarians going to authoritate I guess.

Good example of why I don't consider myself a Tory in the slightest, despite what some on this forum will tell you. Shame the chances of having a properly liberal/libertarian government in this country are about the same as Corbyn joining "Friends of Israel". Ah well.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No idea what anonymous accounts have to do with a Snackbar going mad and stabbing an MP, but hey ho, authoritarians going to authoritate I guess.
100%.

Same shit, different day. Politicians making a power grab when bad shit happens - even if the power grab doesn't help with anything :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom