Religion The Fucking Left

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Actually @Gwadien. Your searching out of a "funny" I gave @Wij's post and then using that to accuse me of not being supportive of trans rights is EXACTLY like the Japanese Olympic Director having his 1990's comedy routines dug through by twattish leftist activists, being totally misrepresented and the resulting OUTRAGE meaning he had to resign.

With us or against us. Misrepresentation of reality. Lack of tolerance for anything out of the "authorised" non-prescribed on-message viewpoints. Pressure to pass laws that criminalise people. The hounding of innocents.

You've asked repeatedly "who are these people".

They're you @Gwadien. They're you.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
hahahahahahahahahahaha

In one page;

'Fuck Trans rights'

'What about mens rights?'

lol.

You've all become a parody.

WTF, I never said anything about Trans rights? Don't honestly care as long as it does not impinge on women's rights. Let people be whatever the fuck they want to be!

With senior figures like Jess Philips in Labour, men's rights (incl. mental health) will always be a laughable subject matter.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
All groups of people suffer from mental health issues. It's about time people got over this stigma.

"man up" doesn't work any more.

Mental health is shit across the board, it's a 'new' science that's being explored and it'll take a long time for it to get sorted - for everyone.

I just there's a bit of a disconnect here between ''hahaha Trans women are just men' and 'omg what about mental health'.

As for the 'man up' stuff, funnily enough that's the attitude that comes from a similar camp to what people are posting here, not the 'fucking left.'

@Hawkwind when you say infringing on women's rights, do you mean like most women who don't care or are we going to do a Wij and start taking our views from radical feminist lesbians that everyone mocked until it suited them and their anti-trans agenda?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
that's the attitude that comes from a similar camp
We'll get nowhere as long as "the left" (and the "right") don't stop seeing themselves as camps.

It starts with people being allowed to hold different opinions - and unfortunately it's the left "camp" that needs to take a look at themselves on that front. Because it's that attitude that's preventing them from being able to do good.

Gwadien

We'll get nowhere as long as "the left" (and the "right") don't stop seeing themselves as camps.

It starts with people being allowed to hold different opinions - and unfortunately it's the left "camp" that needs to take a look at themselves on that front. Because it's that attitude that's preventing them from being able to do good.

You literally put me in a camp, lmfao.

I don't subscribe to the left, my opinions are my own, yet you're the one who MUST put me in a camp because I disagree with you.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Mental health is shit across the board, it's a 'new' science that's being explored and it'll take a long time for it to get sorted - for everyone.

I just there's a bit of a disconnect here between ''hahaha Trans women are just men' and 'omg what about mental health'.

As for the 'man up' stuff, funnily enough that's the attitude that comes from a similar camp to what people are posting here, not the 'fucking left.'

@Hawkwind when you say infringing on women's rights, do you mean like most women who don't care or are we going to do a Wij and start taking our views from radical feminist lesbians that everyone mocked until it suited them and their anti-trans agenda?
One area is sports, it's complicated I know but when girls and women are losing scholarships, medals and money to trans women who have an advantage going through puberty as males, I personally think that is wrong. If you are one of the people that say there is no advantage you may as well stop there. I will never agree that just taking hormones for a few weeks levels the playing field. Bone density, muscle mass....

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
you're the one who MUST put me in a camp because I disagree with you.
I've not put you in a camp. I've said you're a type of person who holds a set of views.

Views, by the way, you've made zero attempt to justify, despite being asked direct and clear questions.

A behaviour that's common tbh. Religious zeal.

Gwadien

I've not put you in a camp. I've said you're a type of person who holds a set of views.

Views, by the way, you've made zero attempt to justify, despite being asked direct and clear questions.

A behaviour that's common tbh. Religious zeal.

You're telling me to justify views that you've made up though.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You're telling me to justify views that you've made up though.
Rubbish.

I didn't post a picture of a smiley you gave someone else's post and use that as "evidence" that you don't support trans rights.

I've not failed to address any of the "what do we gain" questions posted in this thread.

I've not laughed at the fact that mens rights could actually be a real concept.

You're exhibiting the views and behaviours this whole thread is about.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

You used "radical feminist" in a sentence. Fail. "Someone who doesn't agree with you", isn't a synonym for "radical", on the left or the right.

Gwadien

You used "radical feminist" in a sentence. Fail. "Someone who doesn't agree with you", isn't a synonym for "radical", on the left or the right.

I'd consider feminists that think that world should be run purely by women because men are all evil bastards is pretty radical.

Yes, these are the people that have been twitter bombing this forum for the past few years.

I'm not going to do it, because I've already had a look and can't be arsed to do it again, but go check out the anti-trans thread and check out the tweets :)

Gwadien

It's not an anti trans thread though.

Having the opinion that trans women (or men) are not biologically their new sex (because, you know, they aren't) is not anti-trans.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R79yYo2aOZs

I don't think that's the only point of view that's been offered though.

I mean the whole thread is about criticising trans people and what they believe, right?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Actually, it started off as a tragic story about a 9 year old kid that thought he was gay...despite being 9. Who then "came out" (at 9) and killed himself over bullying.

Then went on to discuss various things, like people losing their shit because as a straight male, people would not sleep with a trans women. Then onto discussing the militant nutters that try to deplatform people, including the likes of JK Rowling, because she dared to say that trans women are not biological women...because again, they aren't. It also touched on the extreme cases of weirdos insisting that their pre-pubescent kids need to change sex, and the downright murky group of people that encourage it.

DaGaffer

I'd consider feminists that think that world should be run purely by women because men are all evil bastards is pretty radical.

Yes, these are the people that have been twitter bombing this forum for the past few years.

I'm not going to do it, because I've already had a look and can't be arsed to do it again, but go check out the anti-trans thread and check out the tweets :)

Except they're not the "radical feminists" who are the issue are they? Since anyone who disagrees with current trans orthodoxy is branded a TERF, that would apparently make me and @Wij "radical feminists" as well.

What you're actually doing is demonstrating exactly the demonisation of opposition that this very thread is talking about.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Philip Pullman's in the shitter for supporting this author's right to write her own descriptions in her Orwell-winning novel - which the OUTRAGED are fucked off enough about to force her to grovellingly apologise and undertake rewrites on if her award-winning novel is to continue to be published.

She wrote (out of context, of course):
descriptions in the memoir, including the use of racial tropes such as “chocolate-coloured skin” and “almond-shaped eyes”, and references to one student as “African Jonathon” and another being “so small and square and Afghan with his big nose and premature moustache”.

Another passage was highlighted for the inclusion of ableist descriptions, in which Clanchy, a poet and teacher, refers to two autistic children as “unselfconsciously odd” and “jarring company”, and writes “probably, more than an hour a week” in their company “would irritate me, too, but for that hour I like them very much”
So, you're not allowed to use "chocolate coloured" if that's the colour you want to describe - and you're not allowed to say you don't love the company of autisitc children for a long time.

And Philip Pullman has had to issue a grovelling apology - and taken a knock from the Society Of Author's (which he's president of) for saying:

Pullman, who has been the SoA’s president since 2013, praised Some Kids I Taught and What They Taught Me, calling it “humane, warm, decent, generous, and welcoming”. In a now deleted comment, made in response to a tweet he wrongly thought to be about Clanchy, he wrote that those who do not read a book before condemning it would “find a comfortable home in Isis or the Taliban”

I mean, that bit is factually true. And indicative of people who don't tread on the requisite number of eggshells having to watch every single word they say.

Wondering what we gain from this still...

Wij

I am a FH squatter
we going to do a Wij and start taking our views from radical feminist lesbians that everyone mocked until it suited them and their anti-trans agenda?
Anyone: Lesbians don't really like penises.

OMG - radical feminist lesbian nonsense!!!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
New Puritanism.

What a wonderful world the left is building. We'd be fucked for having our debates @Ormorof. You can't express an opinion, argue with someone and learn from it any more.

"The left" want to ban internet anonymity - that would give them amazing power to go after people for historical violations of what they decide is allowable to be thought.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
It's definitely an issue. I was reading the Guardian, and some trash reality TV show got 25,000 complaints. Twenty five thousand people decided to complain. People need to stop watching reality TV if they get triggered by a bit of swearing.

Everyone on FH would likely go to jail for something written in one of our thousands of posts, if it ever came to it. I am sure we have broken a law somewhere in the world. Take a few posts out of context, get some media outrage going, and we'd probably also lose our jobs too.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's definitely an issue. I was reading the Guardian, and some trash reality TV show got 25,000 complaints. Twenty five thousand people decided to complain. People need to stop watching reality TV if they get triggered by a bit of swearing.

Everyone on FH would likely go to jail for something written in one of our thousands of posts, if it ever came to it. I am sure we have broken a law somewhere in the world. Take a few posts out of context, get some media outrage going, and we'd probably also lose our jobs too.

GAY!!

(That's me done)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

He is barking up the wrong tree. Whet he is saying the Tories need to do is exactly what Labour should be pushing for, instead of trying to be completely barking mad (momentum) vs Tory lite, vs whatever they are at the moment, which is just blindly fumbling along.

The Tories won't ever change, just the level off bullshit they push out changes depending on how much they can get away with, at the moment they can get away with whatever they like...and no, that isn't explicitly blaming Labour for allowing the Tories to be utter cunts, just that Tories don't change.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

There is no way they are racist. They are meant to make someone feel uncomfortable, but just because something’s offensive doesn’t mean you can’t say it

Au contraire mon ami!

The antiracist groups funding her defence need to take a good hard look at themselves. Their lack of defence of enlightenment principles means that people fighting their "good fight" are losing their jobs and cannot participate in open and frank discourse because we've allowed the infantilisation of our language.

How much day-to-day evidence does there need to be to show the world that speech and thought need to be truly free?

DaGaffer

Au contraire mon ami!

The antiracist groups funding her defence need to take a good hard look at themselves. Their lack of defence of enlightenment principles means that people fighting their "good fight" are losing their jobs and cannot participate in open and frank discourse because we've allowed the infantilisation of our language.

How much day-to-day evidence does there need to be to show the world that speech and thought need to be truly free?

"Hoisted by her own petard" seems apposite here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom