Impressed The Fire Service

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Earlier today I was sat in my lounge waiting for my dinner to cook when I heard a load of shouting outside, to be honest I just thought it was kids and ignored it. Ten minutes later I am sat there thinking "fuck my dinner is burnt" having smelt a burning smell.

I go into the kitchen and find everything fine but look out the window and notice two people staring at my house (or so I thought). Anyway, I then notice that there are lots of people in my drive. WTF?!?! So I go out and am treated to the house that backs onto my next door neighbours garden on fire.

Rang my brother, who I know is at my Dad's house which is opposite the house on the fire to find out what is going on. He was working on his car when he heard a loud noise and went out front to see the house on fire. He rang 999 and basically told them a house was on fire, didn't know the number but if you come to this house you will pass it.

Five minutes later there are 2 Fire Engines and 1 pump engine. Bro was outside and was called over by the Fire Service to help unload and layout the hoses as they are short staffed on Engines these days. My bro lets me know that my kids (who live four doors down) are safe and fine.

For about 30 minutes they fight the fire as it guts the top floor, black smoke from plastic burning and then a dense white smoke covers everywhere as the water finally does its bit. I then get a call and need to go round to my Dad's. The entire cul-de-sac is cordoned off with Police, Ambulance and Fire crew all going about their jobs.

As I am stood there talking to my bro two of the crew with all the gear on come out of the house stooped. They remove their breathing masks, helmets and other gear and look absolutely fucking shattered. Immediately they are guzzling water.

Thankfully noone was seriously hurt and the house is pretty much "saved" but will need extensive work. My respect goes out to the Fire Service who responded so quickly and go about their job putting themselves in harms way to save our lives and belongings for shit money.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Edmond, it is the house that is attached to Richard's Mum and Dad's house.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Didn't know anything about it, although when I came home from work earlier, about 2.30 ish I saw a fire engine on its way off the estate

Fuck...!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom