The Fifth Element Special Edition

Patriarch

Fledgling Freddie
I received this for Christmas from one of my friends and I just watched the film and the extras. Brilliant.
Who else likes this film?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Love the film, whats different about this one? Is it the same length?

Patriarch

Fledgling Freddie
Yes the film is unchanged from the original DVD release, the 'Special Edition' tag simply refers to the extra features (some documentaries about the production of the film and other stuff) and the fact that it comes in a lovely taxi-cab coloured cardboard box. Not worth buying if you have the original DVD release but I don't, so I love it. I also got The Thing, Event Horizon and Sleepers from my friends this christmas, so I ddi quite well.

Embattle

FH is my second home
IMO its too much for what it is...plus it was on TV the other night :)

gremlin

One of Freddy's beloved
I have to say I think it's a brilliant film. They obviously let Besson have full reign on this one and it shows. The attention to detail is fantastic, probably more so than on most sci-fi films, and theres some inspired choices of cast (gotta love Gary Oldman, the bloke plays psychos better than anyone).

Trebz

One of Freddy's beloved
gremlin said:
I have to say I think it's a brilliant film. They obviously let Besson have full reign on this one and it shows. The attention to detail is fantastic, probably more so than on most sci-fi films, and theres some inspired choices of cast (gotta love Gary Oldman, the bloke plays psychos better than anyone).
Haveto say it's one of my favourite films of all time, I absolutely love it. Gary Oldman is spot on as the bad guy, just as he was in Leon, the mans excellent.

Fifth element also has a special place in my heart as it was the first shop bought DVD I ever got and it cost me nearly £20 and it didnt even have any special features!!

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I absolutely love this film too. It is one of my favourite films.

It is very well made and great choice of actors. The comedy timing is done to perfection.

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
I'm getting that DVD for christmas to, along with a load more, plus why have you already watched it it's not christmas yet :)

SoWat

Loyal Freddie
I think the special edition, apart from coming in that weird case, has DTS soundtrack encoding on it (DTS>Dolby imo). I'm not much into extras, apart from a director's commentary perhaps, so they don't really matter to me.

The film itself is a good one, played in full camp mode by all concerned. Great visuals, great sound.

Probably not worth getting if you already have the original version, unless of course you want to hear some DTS bass loving :)

Patriarch

Fledgling Freddie
Stimpy said:
I'm getting that DVD for christmas to, along with a load more, plus why have you already watched it it's not christmas yet :)
Since we won't see each other on Christmas Day, we all opened our presents early, together.

Sar

Part of the furniture
I aer teh getting this for chrimbo tomorrow from the Mrs.

Huzzah!

Love the film to bits, tis one of my faves.

:D

ECA

I am a FH squatter
its a crap film, but still good....if you see what I mean?

mookie

One of Freddy's beloved
excellent film, and excellent special edition dvd, but i hate the way they litter the documentaries with random 'fitting' film quotes between interviews. fucking annnoying. damn cool box too.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
SoWat said:
(DTS>Dolby imo).

More than just your opinion, it's fact. Dolby Digital is encoded at something like 300kbps and DTS is ~700.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom