The Expendables :O :O

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
check out the cast for this movie :eek2:

The Expendables (2010)

Wesley Snipes was supposed to be in it as well, but couldn't because of his tax-problemos.

Mickey Rourke was nice in sin city. This got to be an all-out action movie. Im dissapointed if it even has a story :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
If that's not a document type of thing and a basic "make belief" movie...whoa...:eek7:

For one, the biggest "FU" brothers of the industry, Sly and Arnie, who've been taking the piss out of eachother for decades in the SAME movie?!

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Director:
Sylvester Stallone
Writer:
Sylvester Stallone

LOL! xD

Fail in the making

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
With the exception of Ben Kingsley and Forest Whitaker all bad actors. Even Statham has done nothing decent since LS&2SB. Transporter 3 was terrible.

Although M. Rourke somewhat gets some cred back for 'The Wrestler' he has been in some bloody awful movies. The worst was with Stallone in the remake of Get Carter.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah, really bad cast if you're looking for an artsy "oh how arth thou" winesipping movie.

Those people, can f*ck right off and watch their "30 days in lost sumber of peninsula" in black&white and feel all classy :p

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
With a cast like that its just going to be a boys action movie. And we dont watch them for their amazing acting skills we watch them for big guns, sharp knives and kick-ass moves

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Yeah, really bad cast if you're looking for an artsy "oh how arth thou" winesipping movie.

Those people, can f*ck right off and watch their "30 days in lost sumber of peninsula" in black&white and feel all classy :p

If your a Stallone movie fan that's fine. Plenty of action movies out there with better acting imho. I watch plenty of shit movies but I know they're shit and its pure escapism.:p

Doesn't have to be a chick flick drama to make a good film, just believable characters, decent script and good acting.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I don't know, if i feel like an artistic indepth view of the human psyche, i watch the terminator trilogy or demolition man :lol:

If your a Stallone movie fan that's fine. Plenty of action movies out there with better acting imho. I watch plenty of shit movies but I know they're shit and its pure escapism.:p

Point being, they're not sh*t, they're action movies.

A movie with arnie, sly, etc etc etc, it's bound to be a kick a** movie no matter how you look at it.

Doesn't have to be a "intellectually written plot with twists and sh*t" to make a good action movie.

Guns, explosions, cars, chicks, fights and so forth....it's all that's needed.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Look at Universal Soldier, lucky the acting was supposed to be wooden but fuck it was a fantastic movie film

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
With the exception of Ben Kingsley and Forest Whitaker all bad actors. Even Statham has done nothing decent since LS&2SB. Transporter 3 was terrible.

Although M. Rourke somewhat gets some cred back for 'The Wrestler' he has been in some bloody awful movies. The worst was with Stallone in the remake of Get Carter.

Are you joking? Transporter 3 was a perfect formula action movie. Nothing unexpected, more of what you expect. Also Statham has done Crank, which was amazing and you do not mention, and Crank 2 soon :)

If this movie is real, it is clearly an action movie, a quick read of the summary shows that, and if the cast list is correct it should be a very enjoyable one.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Are you joking? Transporter 3 was a perfect formula action movie. Nothing unexpected, more of what you expect. Also Statham has done Crank, which was amazing and you do not mention, and Crank 2 soon :)

If this movie is real, it is clearly an action movie, a quick read of the summary shows that, and if the cast list is correct it should be a very enjoyable one.

Transporter 1 & 2 were good action flicks but 3 was shite, so many continuity errors it was a joke. The russian chick was an ugly Ginger FFS!Yeah, Crank was a laugh even with the terrible script.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The problem is, looking for continuity errors in brainless action flics ;)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
When they are as obvious as jumping through a car window, then 5 secs later car window is intact its an issue.:p

Not really, just if you can't shut down your brain for a moment.

I bet you couldn't watch a chuck norris movie without having a continuigasm :D

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
have fun watching movies like that. I like my action movies to be good. not shit.
In any case Statham did Revolver too. FUCKING ACE movie!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
have fun watching movies like that. I like my action movies to be good. not shit.

Of course no one wants sh*t action movies, but action movies can't(or shouldn't) be judged on same basis as some dramatic portrayal of the last days of an infantry soldier in the peruvian hospital.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Crank is a prime example of just running and action. No need to oh brother where art tho bollocks, kick his face in! muggy ****

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
oO I love how people here are preaching about "real" action movies, and calling this one shit. We hardly know anything about it, yet people are still judging it.

It makes me wonder why I even bothered to post the link.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
To be fair Wonk, which we usually don't, calling a movie shite before knowing about it is as valid as calling it "wohoo!" ;)

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
To be fair Wonk, which we usually don't, calling a movie shite before knowing about it is as valid as calling it "wohoo!" ;)

nobody called it a woohoo movie though.

I'm just tired of the mentallity in here I guess.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I actually laughed at reading this thread. God, some people are so sad.

Action != Film Noir. (Sin City doesn't count) (and don't become anal about this, you know what I mean)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom