The End?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The 50s on prydwen though are MY characters, characters that I first levelled up years ago the old fashioned, hard way.

Other characters are fine, they are just not the same as your original toons.
i think you miss understand :) i leveled each and every one of them 12 50s, 11 of which were not power leveled. I am just not bothered about them anymore. I would like my hero back but the only thing different about it is the name (and the rr ofc)

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
If I could copy them onto my US account that would be nice. Otherwise I'd just reactivate them solely in order to strip all the goodies off them=)

Sure, there are a few toons I feel a bit sentimental about but in reality all I miss is the ML9 chanter^^

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Not sure I am that bothered now really I had loads of 50s on excal but only played a couple, I have levelled/templated the same classes on the US servers now I have also got 4/6 crafts to 1000+ and have started on a 5th. All I am missing from my excal account is a ML10 enchanter, currently have a level 40 one waiting to xfer, got the ml scrolls ready.

There are hundreds of lost hours in some of the characters. I know it would probably take fewer hours to do the same thing from scratch these days, but still!

It's just a barrier to entry. If I had all my EU characters I'd have a wide variety of classes to choose from, plenty of plat to cover any new templates, most crafters if I need to make anything myself. Instead of being able to just login and go, you have to put in effort to start a brand new character.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I know what you mean, my hero had close to 300 days played (sad I know) but it really isn't that much effort any more. I know its been said before but its truly easy to do. At times I think its a little too easy to get 50, dragon armour is free now, full set and weapon in half an hour (And is actually very good) MLs can be done with 1fg or less, and that's every step apart from maybe ml9.10, depends on the classes. Or you can buy them with bounty points...or get someone else to buy them with BPs for you and you pay them a bit of plat, 10 plat ish for ML1-8. Take up SC as a craft and watch the cash roll in, people will pay 1 plat+ an item, it probably costs 100g tops per item. Same with WC, had some dude pay me 5 plat for a 99% qual shield, took 2 attempts to make.

Plus ofc there is no cost for buying the game now, just the monthly sub.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Thadius is/was a lgm spellcrafter! :(

Its another reaon i want my character son the US, a lot of my chars were either lgm or on the way to becoming a lgm.

Cant be arsed doing all the tradeskills again

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
They upgraded tradeskills kind of, no such this as a materials loss and a 60% chance to gain a skill point on orange con items, also a crafting bonus in the capitals. Takes hardly any time really to get SC up.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
I know they made it easier to do.

My point is, I did it the old, hard, boring way. and im proud of that fact.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
So did I, on all 6 tradeskills :) what I am saying is that it doesn't really matter, you can get them back easy on new toons.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
I see no technical reason why they cant transfer eu chars to US (it's just data at the end of the day (sql if freeshards are anything to go by) - so it's not massively complicated. Having that said, Mythic's daoc team is like 3 people...soo..

Knowing EA/Mythic - unless its financially beneficial they won't do it. I wouldn't move my eu chars to US (as half have been sold anyway) - and if i did, they certainly wouldn't get another subscription out of me as a result...

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Or a new start?

It is great when an Executive Producer says, what would you do with Dark Age of Camelot? Well I explained that maybe a sequel would be the way to go. Or perhaps revamp the game with an updated engine, new graphics and art, and keep the world in its old form with game play very close to the way people remember it. Jeff smiled, smirked is more like it, for a very long time. Jeff said that they are hiring right now on the Dark Age of Camelot team. We can only hope DAOC will see a rejuvenation back to its old awesome PvP self.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/...-Jeff-Hickman-on-WAR-DaoC-and-the-Future.html

Maybe I should have started a new thread. meh :)

Cirventhor

Can't get enough of FH
Seen Mythic pull this sort of thing too many times, so I'll wait until they've got something tangible to show off before getting excited. :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I think we should challenge that ruling in court!

and while your at it. make a case that claims that the ingame items have a real value :)

MMO companies would LOVE to pay tax on the ingame epics and gold :D

Zede

Part of the furniture
Lets all hope Mythic "buy" the rights to our beloved euro toons & lots of us can play our high realm ranks on the US servers :)

I did make a thread about this months ago & got ridiculed....but now, maybe maybe...... :) :)

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Any idea what GOA are doing?

Last weeks Friday news wasn't posted, but if you look at the news postings today it seems like everything after May from this year has disappeared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom