The End?

Brack

One of Freddy's beloved
that post on vn doesn't even make sense looks like crap

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
The post was translated from German.

The story sounds plausible, The servers will be closed because the contract has ended. (I am sure when they first signed the contract it probably had a 10 year life time and they probably didn't expect the game to still be around) The German community manager has been fired as a result of this and he has leaked the fact that the servers are going to get closed.

This of course doesn't mean it is true in anyway but simply I wouldn't be so quick to judge. Anyway if this is going to happen I am sure Mythic would be able to comment and I am sure that people will beginning finding out because if you sign up for a years subscription GOA can't provide that anymore.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
cna we transfer our characters yet? :(

mythic did say on facebook they were looking into it

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
bwahahhahahaha! surely this is good news tho? if eu chars are moved to usa people might actually play them again because its not french retards hosting it.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Mythic could easily create a new server and stick all the UK accounts on it. Same with French and German.

French would be a good server for some Canadians

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
beginchart.png

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
No one cares about failshards tho :(

Maybe not, but it has the OF and its system. Having 700+ players online is a lot more then the GoA english server have hade in a long whiled. So there are certainly some people who care about it, more then the english goa server atleast :p

Not to mention that the service they deliver is better then i've seen from a certain company and the numbers have bin rising ever since. That should tell you something.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
700 people online is very, very good for a game as old as daoc :)

Thats 700 x £8 quid that could be in Ea's pocket. And we all know Ea like to have more money...

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
I would love it if the Euro Servers were closed once and for all... then I wont keep thinking about re-subbing :p wouldnt affect me anyway since I havent played euro servers in ages and maybe more would move to Ywain.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Maybe not, but it has the OF and its system. Having 700+ players online is a lot more then the GoA english server have hade in a long whiled. So there are certainly some people who care about it, more then the english goa server atleast :p

Not to mention that the service they deliver is better then i've seen from a certain company and the numbers have bin rising ever since. That should tell you something.

Freeshards arent worth it tho, they could go down without a single warning resulting it xx pissed hours away, atleast with proper companies (goa excluded) you get the feeling servers are safe and fine which is worth the £ you pay in subs, after all if a game truely is going for the long run i'd rather pay for it and keep my characters safe than have the servers suddenly vanish because you don't get enough donations to keep the server up.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

Thats 700 x £8 quid that could be in Ea's pocket. And we all know Ea like to have more money...

300,000-500,000 is still better tho, believe it or not Everquest 1 still has those numbers to boast about and thats 10+ years old now.

ninaca

Fledgling Freddie
Whats the status on eu server or servers in general these days?
I've been away from the game quite a while now.. been looking server population every once in a while, but last i checked at primetime there were something like 50 people on pryd-exc.. Are all eu servers as one now, or?

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Freeshards arent worth it tho, they could go down without a single warning resulting it xx pissed hours away, atleast with proper companies (goa excluded) you get the feeling servers are safe and fine.

That's just with the i50's, etc, that's beeing run by kids and abused by kids.

Uthgard is something else and is run(sp?) a lot better then GoA has done with the english servers. They actually bought a server btw and are thinkin of upgrading it, yet again. They are running for 3-4 years now, if not longer.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
Whats the status on eu server or servers in general these days?
I've been away from the game quite a while now.. been looking server population every once in a while, but last i checked at primetime there were something like 50 people on pryd-exc.. Are all eu servers as one now, or?

4-5 ppl with bots regularly play on Dyvet, with the odd player re-subbing in blind hope that more will return :p

Dyvet's very Max pop is 15
german server's are higher though.

Play US imo.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
i wonder what thet "well known EU board" is...

anyone have a clue because i only know if this thats anywhere near well known...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

any company that wants to make a profit do i've heard :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Are all eu servers as one now, or?

no, excal and pryd are 1 cluster, germsns have another with all their servers and the french have one with all their servers.

and i doubt that making a EU supercluster will bring back any players. and especially not any that played on the english servers because if GOA did make a supercluster u can bet that it wont be in english.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
i wonder what thet "well known EU board" is...

anyone have a clue because i only know if this thats anywhere near well known...

Either the German or French boards i would imagine.

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
guys guys guys....

Just forget about EU servers ALL OF THEM...

Ywain Server 3000 players almost

Devon 500 players (still to transfer)
Kill 150 players (still to transfer)
Classic 150 (still to transfer)

COME TO US YWAIN SERVER it ROX!!! :p

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
So why did GoA remove the ingame nummbers from their webby a few months ago?

I'm sure they are dying for an excuse to get out of DAoC.

Uthgard is not that crappy to be frank, only problem with it is that it is filled with PvE homos who never RvR, and as soon as you roll them with 8 man they loggoff. :(

Xythic

Fledgling Freddie
wouldnt surprise me to see the game go, with the way GOA ran the european servers, I'm amazed they managed to keep it this long.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
It's a shame that we have to wait for the EU population to fail just for the hope that Mythic will be able to rescue it by taking control of the servers. For some of the servers (Dyvet) the action should've been taken months/years ago.

We can only hope that GOA eventually loses/drops the license and Mythic are able to use the existing database to provide a decent service. I'm sure plenty of people would love to play their existing characters on servers with an actual player base!

Personally I hope the rumour is true and that Mythic will do something, however I'm obviously sceptical.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Not sure I am that bothered now really I had loads of 50s on excal but only played a couple, I have levelled/templated the same classes on the US servers now I have also got 4/6 crafts to 1000+ and have started on a 5th. All I am missing from my excal account is a ML10 enchanter, currently have a level 40 one waiting to xfer, got the ml scrolls ready.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
The 50s on prydwen though are MY characters, characters that I first levelled up years ago the old fashioned, hard way.

Other characters are fine, they are just not the same as your original toons.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
The 50s on prydwen though are MY characters, characters that I first levelled up years ago the old fashioned, hard way.

Other characters are fine, they are just not the same as your original toons.

I concur, even tho the EULA states that they are their property -.-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom