The end of the European servers?

O

ophone

There are some rumours running on the German 4players forum (the reference of German DAoC forums) about GOA turning off the European servers by the end of this year.

For all of you who understand German, you can read the rumours here: DAOC Europa am Ende? - Seite 109 - daoc-guide.de

The main reason would be that GOA's license on the game seems to be running out at New Year's eve and GOA not wanting to renew it.

Can anyone here confirm or deny these rumours?

Thadius

Part of the furniture
This thread is a little unneeded buddy, its already lurking around in another thread :)

As for the rumours, noone from GOa has been on here to tell us, but I rpesume at some point in the near future, the Euro servers will be coming down as it will not be cost effective to run them.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I still reckon mythic will step in once the license is up, nowt been said but I genuinely think they will.

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
It has been mentioned by Mythic , was in a thread on VN a DEV said a few things in there , he didnt say either yes or no about Mythic taking over the license when it ends on EU , even tho ppl asked him several times he avoided the subject , all he said was that there was something big inc for next year :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It has been mentioned by Mythic , was in a thread on VN a DEV said a few things in there , he didnt say either yes or no about Mythic taking over the license when it ends on EU , even tho ppl asked him several times he avoided the subject , all he said was that there was something big inc for next year :)

i'm willing to bet its a super cluster between ywain + euro servers.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Don't even think I'll resub my old account tbh.. Couldn't be bothered

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
I couldnt care-less about the euro server's anymore tbh.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
My items on eu? We hadn't reached the dragon quests when I moved to US, so I got fuck all on my eu chars

Maybe 50p or so, but lol not activating an acc to get 50p

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
My items on eu? We hadn't reached the dragon quests when I moved to US, so I got fuck all on my eu chars

Maybe 50p or so, but lol not activating an acc to get 50p

exactly !

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
give char transfer! could transfer solid hib and alb fg from ze german servers!!

GReaper

Part of the furniture
At the moment Mythic seems to running on the absolute bare minimum number of staff required. Would they actually have the resources to do this?

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
At the moment Mythic seems to running on the absolute bare minimum number of staff required. Would they actually have the resources to do this?

They are still producing new patches etc, so they have some staff on development. I reckon they would have the staff to do a character transfer if EU servers closed but I am not convinced there is a will to do it.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
you know, it wouldn't surprise me if GOA deliberetly made such a transfer as annoying as possible for Mythic so they couldn't be arsed :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
In two words. Who cares?

If they were to allow character transfer I imagine you would have to re-subscribe. Giving GOA a penny = idiocy

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
i would transfer all my 50 i have..would like my rr5 bainshee and cleric here and my uber merc..but then i will have over 40 lvl 50...bahhh so boring to retemp most :)

Zede

Part of the furniture
Don't even think I'll resub my old account tbh.. Couldn't be bothered

thats cause they are lowbie mo'fos :p, besides if u do u will have lots of high rr m8s ( for once!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom