News The E3 thread

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
E3 starts tomorrow, there will be tons of vids and information released on games for all the consoles and handhelds so let us condense them all down into one big thread. Feel free to post links to picture galleries, news items or videos of anything from the E3 show.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
they fucked up changing the format of e3, the old bloated one was ace the new has a few devs/publishers not attending. wonder if we will get a proper in game rolling trailer for duke nukem forever tho

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
rarr, i no longer have to buy a PS3!!

FFXIII is comming to Xbox 360 :clap:

Yaka

Part of the furniture
next FF game out on 360 as well, prolly will be the biggest news from this e3.

sony has what left now? full gt5, Little big planet and killzone 2. few exlusives from 3rd partys

new wiimote addon looks intresting as well

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I wish they would hint at a release date. I've been waiting forever for more FF!

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Well FF4 out on the DS soon and it looks aaaaawwesome.

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
glad i didn't keep my ps3 now and got a good price for it while i still could.. the only reason for me (and literally everyone i know) to buy one was for the new final fantasy... get in

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Its only been one day and everything looks great, liking the new Dashboard for the 360 as well as the new Fallout 3 gameplay trailers. The new Banjo looks awesome and hearing that Fable 2 is completed and on schedule for October is brilliant news I have waiting ages for that game. Also the new motion sensor tech for the Wii sounds pretty good having 1:1 ratio movement for more precision in Wii games. Mirror Edge is shaping up well along with Saints row 2 and Halo Wars looks like Holiday season 2008 is guna be very busy yet again.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I bought mine for MGS4, dunno if that is staying exclusive?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I bought mine for MGS4, dunno if that is staying exclusive?

Sony say it is, Konami won't commit to anything long term. Alot is riding on how many units it sells on PS3 as the development costs were huge so it needs to sell a bare minimum of 7+ million units to recoup those costs. That is a 60% attach rate which doesn't often happen, it is possible though. If Konami haven't sold that many by Christmas don't be suprised to see it go cross platform.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
this one is prolly staying ps3 only. they new hdd install feature for 360s may change things but will still require copying off 6 or more dvds with around 60gb of stuff to be installed.

what may happen is mgs online on the 360 either as a standalone product of via live.

if sony had any brains theyd make kojima studious a permanant ps3 dev. a sequel to snatcher or policnughts will be ace

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
If Konami had any sense they'd release it on 360. Sony should be happy with timed exclusive, since most people who wanted it would already have it. PS3 owners are happy because it wasn't developed with another console in mind, so the quality hasn't been reduced at all.

3rd party games being exclusive to either 360 or PS3 makes little sense at this point.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
If Konami had any sense they'd release it on 360. Sony should be happy with timed exclusive, since most people who wanted it would already have it. PS3 owners are happy because it wasn't developed with another console in mind, so the quality hasn't been reduced at all.

3rd party games being exclusive to either 360 or PS3 makes little sense at this point.

Have to agree bud, there just aren't enough 360 or PS3 customers combined at the moment to justify a game with a budget as large as this let alone having the game being single platform. It makes no sense for a company not to maximise it's sales.

Things were different with the PS2, even 5 years ago there were around 50 million of them out there so going exclusive was viable. Today with only 13 million PS3 consoles sold it makes no sense at all.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Just look at GTA4, you could not say that it suffered from being cross platform on launch. Developers need to start realising that when they have a good title that they will make more money by selling it on more platforms than a payment for keeping it exclusive.

bob269

Fledgling Freddie
Just look at GTA4, you could not say that it suffered from being cross platform on launch

Apart from it being 4 months late due to ps3 issues.

But yeah sales weren't affected, it was always guaranteed to sell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom