The Different Realms

E

Esoteric

The Different Empires

I heard very strongly that VS is quite gimped and that NC is quite strong with an imbalance of dmg etc, haven't heard much about Terran. A mate playing VS has already quit the realm for NC.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

If I have ever played a balanced MMOG it's PS (at least it comes very close).

Every faction has its strenghts and its weaknesses.
Otherwise it would be boring. Know how to play your class etc. (this is for all the "my faction is gimped" whingebags).

S

SilverHood

Well, most factions have advantages and disadvantages

Seems like VS have a few more disadvangates than the NC and TR

most people's gripe is with the pulsar... the VS medium assault gun. The NC's gauss rifle and the TR cycler both outfperform this gun in every way. Because it's so bad, most VS use common pool weapons, or loot the dead NC / TR bagbacks. I know I do.

That's the only "really" bad thing about VS.

Our special assault weapon suffers from slow projectiles, and our AI and AV MAX units lack the punch the TR/NC maxes have. Can't comment on the AA MAX.

We do however, have some pretty sweet vehicles, the MagRider tank.... which can strafe... less armor and less firepower than the other 2 heavy tanks, but ofc, it gets hit less often :)

We also have the lancer.... a Anti-vehicular weapon.... I personally love this weapon... can kill MAX'es with a full clip, infantry is 2-3 shots. hard to kill stuff thats moving, but it has 4x zoom, so hitting stationary targets is easy.

NC have hardly any weaknesses, the Jackhammer is deadly at close range (point blank to 2 m = insta kill). Never saw any major disadvantage when playing the NC in beta.

TR, well, their MAX units are pretty much better than anyone elses, their chaingun is deadly up close. Their main tank, the Prowler, does seem a bit pantsy.

Hope that helps :)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Don't forget the fucking lasher gun that completely ignores my 150 points of body armor. :p

S

SilverHood

the lasher is our special assault gun... and if you get hit by it, you bloody well deserver to die, seeing you can outrun the projectiles with surge

P

[PS]Venom

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
Don't forget the fucking lasher gun that completely ignores my 150 points of body armor. :p

That you can dodge easily from anything over 2 metres away :)

I tried that, and I seriously think it sucks bigtime. The ONLY time you can use it is in EXTREME close quarters inside or on a stationary target. It just travels too slow.

I'm now going to try infil/combat engineer in the hope of laying whupass down :D

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

That would require having surge.

I am a slow grunt... and I just love to stand around, looking at the pwetty light effects your egg head guns have. :D

Repeccing to Jackhammer later... ph34r meh. *cackles*

S

SilverHood

the scene from bugs life springs to mind :)

J

Jonaldo

Let's not forget also that the TR chaingun cannot hit a barndoor if more than 1ft away, which unfortunately puts you in your own teams firing line aswell :mad:

O

old.Dillinja

Originally posted by Omniscieous
Let's not forget also that the TR chaingun cannot hit a barndoor if more than 1ft away, which unfortunately puts you in your own teams firing line aswell :mad:

Yeah I got that, don't get me wrong the thing rips ya to pieces at close range but from real range it's a heap. No way worth 4 points, I respecced out of it about a day after getting it.

T

Tenko

Way I see it is, the differences are so small between each empire every battle comes down to numbers at the point of incident.

S

Spinky

The weapons for each realm, hum, I can't comment myself on the various strengths and weaknesses of each realms meduim/heavy/whatever weapon. All I know is, it comes down to the skill of the players more so than some of the weapons used.

I've noticed that the VS players seem on average to be harder foes than some TR (not including MAXs etc because I just expect to die to them anyway :p), not quite sure why, but they just put up a better fight, that isn't to say every single person I meet has some inane ability to instakill me. Most appear to like the hold fire button/strafe approach, which to be honest, has got them killed every time they've done it to me (at the risk of sounding elitest) only because it's made the weapons they use so inaccurate the shots have just whistled past my head. Don't get me wrong, I suck harder than a French courtisan in heat, but tactics have a larger part in winning battles and duels than individual weapons ever will.

But that's just my opinion, and i dare anyone to ask me if i care :p

Edit: Oh and Tenkos right too conversely, Zerg > all :p

B

bone_idle

Sometimes i can kill lots of people sometimes i die so often the game starts laughing at me.

I use the shotgun and cycler. But that jackhammer thing is something else. It hurts lots. One of my outfit stole one from a backpack and went around killing everything. I was standing there watch him rip through hordes of NC. then he died because i wasnt backing him up :rolleyes:

S

Saturnine

The pulsar isn't as powerfull as the cycler or gauss, but it does have a longer range and is more accurate. Also, its ability to instantly flip into Anti-Armour mode is incredably handy for pot-shotting enemy vehicles as they speed past. (though obviously its Anti-Armour shots arn't as good (or rappid firing) as anti-armour shots from "normal" guns).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom