The Devils Rejects

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Bad Bad Bad Film

Worse Than American Splendour, Makes Serial Killers Looks Boring.
Avoid Unless You Like Pneumatic Drills In Your Anus.
Yes It Needs Capslock.

Avoid Avoid Avoid.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
In case my first post wasn't clear enough, this film blows goats and twice on sundays.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i loved it. first film i really like in ages. first film in ages that didnt bother with the limits of acceptable-ness.
the whole style of it was fucking fantastic.
the story was basic, but my idea of fun isnt trying to work out some long winded shit anyway :)
basically - cops brother is killed by mad family. cop gets vigilanty on their asses. get chased, twists and turns, end.
i never laughed so much as people dieing.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Are you taking the piss tris?
The murders were tame and boring, the slow music to the death scenes was zzz and the acting was hammier than a pack of reformed tesco ham.

And the "funny" one liners were really really weak.

tris-

but it was meant to be like that. like an old shitty 70s film.

and im not saying the murders are the most graphic in history. im saying that in the last months or even the last tear, i dont remember a film that didnt stick to the boundry like this one.

edit - ok, passion of the christ. but i dont cant remember when that came out now :p

i like the music during the killing, it made the whole thing more sadistic. especially when they are in the brothel and one of the bounty hunter guys walks in and smiles at em all.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
If the music choice was better I could have enjoyed it, but I was just zzz'ing.

There have also been some really good films in this vein over the last few years that have been done in my opinion, a lot better.

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
The film has caused quite a stir, mixed reviews ranging from utter crap to brilliant. I am curious does it actually have a decent story line or is it just gore for the sake of it?

tris-

the story line is OK, its not complicated but there is a few suprises you wouldnt of thought of.

the family from the 'first film' (house of a thousand corpses) is tracked down by the police. they killed the policemans brother. the chase em around for a bit. its all about vigilanty justice.
the gore is plentiful but i dont think its for the sake of it. the whole thing is supposed to be sadistic (the family are complete fuckin nutters). the gorre, the music and cheesy acting help show it for what its meant to be, if you know what i mean.

or if youn dont- its meant to be a dodgy 70s style film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom