The Den of Shadows

A

Aeiedil

Just thought I would take this chance to advertise for this fansite :)

The Den of Shadows is predominantly a DE-orientated Lore site, with plans to expand to RP events in the future when the structure of the game is more clear, ie during beta.

Currently I am looking for extra writers to write regular stories and/or news articles and/or help with the updating of the stories :)

The site can be seen at http://www.denofshadows.net

If you are interested in joining the staff then email me at aeiedil@denofshadows.net :)

E

edoa

Originally posted by Aeiedil
Just thought I would take this chance to advertise for this fansite :)

The Den of Shadows is predominantly a DE-orientated Lore site, with plans to expand to RP events in the future when the structure of the game is more clear, ie during beta.

Currently I am looking for extra writers to write regular stories and/or news articles and/or help with the updating of the stories :)

The site can be seen at http://www.denofshadows.net

If you are interested in joining the staff then email me at aeiedil@denofshadows.net :)

You should serisoully remake the layout m8 :) hihi

Nice idea tho

A

Aeiedil

thats the general idea trog :)

and edoa, the site is more than idea :p dragon empires section currently has 3 staff and numerous poieces of player lore, the primeval section has 1 staff and gets the lore nice and fast :) wish dos has 1 staff but is dead cause of no lore being released :p daoc den i shut down because of a lack of interest :p

i mean cmon, i got more interest from a game thats not been released :p

O

old.tRoG

Roleplaying? DAoC? Are you even allowed to use those words in the same sentence?

D

Darkov

They work together quite well on the US servers... obviously it's like twenty people out of the twenty thousand.. but hey.. thats not that bad :D

E

edoa

Hehe

Originally posted by Aeiedil
whats wrong with the goddam layout :p

Dont get to pissed now im just giving my opinion but it seems like me that(if it is you that have made the site) you know some about making web sites and stuff but isnt really that good with color setup pictures. Personally im not that great on making sites but I use to make pictures and decide colors and stuff when im helping people out with web sites...

Nr.1 Background isnt very nice, doesnt fit for the kind of people you want to reach out to, and neither does it look nice or fits the rest of the layout.

Nr.2 The paper background isnt very nice, you should blure the edges or something.

Nr.3 The picture/logo or whatever it is should be changed, its neither good looking or propotional.

Nr.4 The little pictures that "says" what kind of type the news are should be removed or changed to something better.

Nr.5 the top right menu is great but the "mouse hold over" addition doesnt fit the rest of the layout(should be changed to sometihng better).

Might be some misspelling and stuff, english isnt my first language fyi.

A

Aeiedil

youve just picked at most of the new additions

1 : i quite like the background and think it fits with the page and my original concept of it

2 : the paper backgroudn is hard to do without having either a large stretched graphic, or a solid colour, due to the fact that people use different browser resolutions :p

3 & 5 : i am not happy with the popup parts either atm, neither the logo, however i am currently very busy working fulltime before uni, and what other time i have is taken up making minor changes. the only time i can do major changes is the weekend, and my last 2 have been taken up dealing with keeping my site up when my main host is still down

4 : dont make me decapitate you :p they are in progress :p

E

edoa

hehe

just giving my opinions :p

And how on earth can a purple background fit in? It shouldnt be that dark either...

A

Aeiedil

it was originally gonna be for shadows as a race, shadows, sneaky, assassins, nightshade, leads on to the association with purple. purple/red fit together nicely in my opinion :p and so thast how it will stay for now :)

R

Reverant Mezz

nice site mate, will keep checking it out :)

A

Aeiedil

activity will hopefully pick up soon :\ its been very quiet recently

A

Aeiedil

sadly not :\ and the supply of new stories is drying up dammit :(

Users who are viewing this thread