TV The Day the Immigrants Left

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I'll deny it.

£50 a week dole, £100 a week housing benefit for a flat, £20 a week council tax benefit.

Versus

40 hours a week at £5.82 = £232 plus working tax credit.

No contest, work pays, even the lowest paying jobs pay better than basic benefits especially with tax credit topups.

Again, the problem with benefits is at the top end and not the bottom. The 1 million unemployed under 21's is much more to do with bad parenting than benefit levels.

You realise that most unemployed people are claiming multiple benefits right? easily topping £232 a week which is my point some people are getting upto £250-400 a week that claim for sickness/disability and all that jargen.

Only way the gov are going to get those people back into work is if they put their foot down and say right your getting fa get a job :p but they won't because it'd cost them votes and we all know they don't like losing those.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
It's an interesting argument if we're relating it to under 21's.

18-21's can be paid a min of about 4.83 - which is 193.20 a week. 16's to 18's -> 3.60 or something stupid - 144 a week.

So if someone signs on at 16 - it is viable for them to stay on till their 18. By that time, they will probably enjoy the easy life, stay on at 18 - lose a bit of income etc.

In that case - your dole money is 20 pounds less than the working money. And for that you gain 40 hours more of leisure. I can very much see the attraction in picking one over the other.

What happens if you can't get 40 hours a week?
I'm pretty sure that you get less benefits when you are young, if you live with your parents aswell, you get very little.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
You realise that most unemployed people are claiming multiple benefits right? easily topping £232 a week which is my point some people are getting upto £250-400 a week that claim for sickness/disability and all that jargen.

Only way the gov are going to get those people back into work is if they put their foot down and say right your getting fa get a job :p but they won't because it'd cost them votes and we all know they don't like losing those.

Most? Incorrect.

Unemployed people are fit for work, if you are fit for work you get JobSeekers Allowance. You can add in housing benefit and council tax benefit but they don't get that in cash, it goes to the landlord/council. In cash they get basic JSA which is age dependent. Iirc there are a couple of million that fall into this category.

People on IB and DLA are not fit for work, hence not unemployed. Daft I know, disabled people can still be fit for work if given the right job. Anyway, the people who are in this category are the ones who it does not pay to work and that is why we have well over a million of them with the numbers growing annually. Oh and just to be clear, the only people getting over £300 a week in combined benefits will be the physically disabled with registered carers.

As I said before, there is too much money in the system at the top and not enough at the bottom. They need to raise basic dole but force people to work part time hours for it. Cutting the money at the top makes it alot less desirable for the blaggers, no benefits should pay more than an average job unless you are literally in a wheelchair and on breathing machines.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I'm pretty sure that you get less benefits when you are young, if you live with your parents aswell, you get very little.

Basic JSA at 21 is about 43 quid a week so you are right, if you live with parents that 43 quid is literally your lot.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
M8 of mine was getting just over £60 a week JSA. He's since employed

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Most? Incorrect.
You can add in housing benefit and council tax benefit but they don't get that in cash, it goes to the landlord/council. In cash they get basic JSA which is age dependent. Iirc there are a couple of million that fall into this category.

Wrong, councils no longer pay housing benefit direct to landlords. For roughly the past 3 years it has been paid direct to the claimant. It is their responsibility to then pay the landlord.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Wrong, councils no longer pay housing benefit direct to landlords. For roughly the past 3 years it has been paid direct to the claimant. It is their responsibility to then pay the landlord.

Wow, if that is the case then that is just plain fucked up, putting cash that is meant for accomodation directly into the hands of people who are already very short of cash. Landlords must be really unhappy, they will be getting ripped off left right and centre. :(

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yep its retarded, some landlords are not getting paid and being left with a massive ball ache having to get people chucked out.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
What tends to happen, is the people on benefits will try and claim more than their rent (not hard to change a tenancy agreement, which is all the proof the council ask for) and keep the difference.

But yes, it's why DSS tenants have a bad rep, they use that money for other things than rent.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Most? Incorrect.

Unemployed people are fit for work, if you are fit for work you get JobSeekers Allowance. You can add in housing benefit and council tax benefit but they don't get that in cash, it goes to the landlord/council. In cash they get basic JSA which is age dependent. Iirc there are a couple of million that fall into this category.

People on IB and DLA are not fit for work, hence not unemployed. Daft I know, disabled people can still be fit for work if given the right job. Anyway, the people who are in this category are the ones who it does not pay to work and that is why we have well over a million of them with the numbers growing annually. Oh and just to be clear, the only people getting over £300 a week in combined benefits will be the physically disabled with registered carers.

As I said before, there is too much money in the system at the top and not enough at the bottom. They need to raise basic dole but force people to work part time hours for it. Cutting the money at the top makes it alot less desirable for the blaggers, no benefits should pay more than an average job unless you are literally in a wheelchair and on breathing machines.

Yes but this is what i'm trying to say people are claiming DLA and sickness etc even tho theres FA wrong with them :p my mates brother claims DLA claiming he has a bad back but does he? does he shite, he plays football on his local team.

I do agree with to much money being handed out for such things tho, it should be put to better use like improving the NHS for a start.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Seems alot of work to swindle an extra couple of quid a month. I'd rather work than spend all that energy trying to swindle*

*this is towards genuine fakers and not people actually in trouble

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
Being on the rock 'n' roll I can tell you first hand you get feck all, I'm 23, and despite working and paying 3k+ a year in N.I for 4.5 years, I get £50 a week. I moved back home because it was just fecking ridiculous.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Yes but this is what i'm trying to say people are claiming DLA and sickness etc even tho theres FA wrong with them :p my mates brother claims DLA claiming he has a bad back but does he? does he shite, he plays football on his local team.

I do agree with to much money being handed out for such things tho, it should be put to better use like improving the NHS for a start.

I don't dispute that bud, infact I know a number of people who are doing it. At one point I had a massive row with someone when they questioned why I was claiming Incapcity Benefit a few years ago, I took my shirt off and showed a couple of 6 inch scars on my lower back where I had spinal surgery. The I explained about the life long nerve damage I will have to deal with till the day I die. That is the problem, there are lots of legit people who need that money but there are even more who just milk the system dry with bogus illness or injury and it fucking infuriates me. Sadly the good cases get tarred with the same brush as the bullshit claimants.

One thing about Incapacity Benefit, £100 a week isn't a massive amount of money and I certainly wasn't able to buy top brands, that is why I started shopping sensible and went to places like Aldi where my money went further. Also I am deeply grateful for the help I recieved from the state, of course I paid my due in for 15 years and so I was entitled to what I was given but still I feel very lucky that the system was there for me when I needed it. Sadly most people on IB don't feel that way at all, hell even the people on DLA take it for granted and still cry poverty even though they are living the life of riley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom