The Day of Reckoning is at hand!

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Years of torment are soon to be transformed into the unbridled joy of WAR! Call in sick, take out your holidays, for September 18 is the Day of Reckoning as WAR is unleashed!

Visit www.war-europe.com or see this press release for full details, including finalised subscription fees.

WAAAAAGH!!!

-Magnus

R

Random_rules

So the big question now is....when will we be able to enter the codes for OB, Headstart and ingame items on the european Warhammer site....

cuddled0rf

Fledgling Freddie
Yup, i was wondering the same thing. Would be nice to get it over with early :)

Derian

Fledgling Freddie
The biggest thing is that they guarantee you into the beta with CE pre-order box. It actually says in black and white on the leaflet you get with your codes on. So lets hope they pull their thumbs out by the middle of next week. 2 weeks off work couldn't of landed better if they do sort it. ;)

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
On the american pages they say that open beta starts august 15th, any news on europe? or is it the same?

Nilam

Fledgling Freddie
copy past from here

and it say....

Here's our situation at the moment:

We're working to move things up to the new schedule. We were working to a timetable that got suddenly changed and we'll have to see what it is possible to do in the meantime.

The following things are definite however:

* The EU open beta will start on time.
* The EU account centre will open on time.
* The EU live release and headstart will happen on time.
* CE pre-orders for the EU will get everything they were promised. Mythic have announced extra bonuses and we will see what can be done for EU customers in response to that.

There are a lot of things going on behind the scenes in response to this announcement and we are trying very hard to make sure that EU players don't miss out. As of right now we don't have anything to announce, when we hear back from our various internal teams we'll be letting everyone know what the situation is.

Finally one point. Many people seem to be under the impression that if we only had a working account centre then this wouldn't be a problem. That isn't the case. Adding 55k beta testers is not a trivial task. Our current datacentre is not big enough to handle that or the extra capacity needed for open beta. We are currently in the process of fitting out a brand new, dedicated datacentre which is going to be our open beta and live platform. Putting 9 million euros worth of server equipment in place is not something that just happens without careful planning and scheduling. The plans for that have it installed, tested and ready for open beta, we're seeing if it's possible to move that forwards but it's mostly in the hands of our suppliers. As well as that, there are other logistical hurdles to be overcome, the account centre is a relatively minor part of the process.

Thanks Iain, I'm sure a lot of people are glad to hear from GOA and at the update provided :)

-- beibhinn @ Monday, 11 Aug, 2008

------------

I am almost sure that more info will come fom GOA this week
war-europe.com website maintenance news

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
On the american pages they say that open beta starts august 15th, any news on europe? or is it the same?

This is a misunderstanding, I'm afraid. Mythic has announced that North American Open Beta testers will be able to download the client on August 15th - this does not equal Open Beta access on August 15th.

As Iain has been quoted above, the plans in Europe are unfolding according to plan. We are yet to announce the start of the open beta though; stay tuned for updates on this.

Best wishes,
Magnus

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
for all we know, open beta could be as short as 1 week and will probably be more a hardware stress test than a phase where they expect huge feedback and will be willing to make big changes to the game ...

if people knew, there is still the NDA that prevents people from discussing it.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
This is a misunderstanding, I'm afraid. Mythic has announced that North American Open Beta testers will be able to download the client on August 15th - this does not equal Open Beta access on August 15th.

As Iain has been quoted above, the plans in Europe are unfolding according to plan. We are yet to announce the start of the open beta though; stay tuned for updates on this.

Best wishes,
Magnus

Nooo, don't break my dreams! :'( I was so hoping for WAR on friday!

Ah well, not that long until 18th september I guess :(

Drucken

Fledgling Freddie
for all we know, open beta could be as short as 1 week and will probably be more a hardware stress test than a phase where they expect huge feedback and will be willing to make big changes to the game ...

if people knew, there is still the NDA that prevents people from discussing it.

Well that sucks :(
So much for the live game head start

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Well that sucks :(
So much for the live game head start

the live head start will be a `number of days`probably implying less than a week prior to the september 18 official launch.

i don`t EXPECT (i do not know) the `open beta` to start in august and it might be as short as 1 week in front of the live headstart. i can only hope that it will be more than 1 week for all those people who are so eagerly anticipating to start in it.

all i wrote here are only MY guesses and expectations, not nesceseraly how it will be.

Derian

Fledgling Freddie
I hope this is not true! The US open beta seems to ready to start any day now from all the hype and beta invites people are getting. Really hope GOA will follow suite and give us the same amount of time.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
I hope this is not true! The US open beta seems to ready to start any day now from all the hype and beta invites people are getting.

impressions can be very misleading when they are fueled by personal expectations and a `i WANT it to be like this` sentiment. from what i see on the US boards i have no reason to believe that it will be `any day now` but i might just as well be wrong about it. i`m just trying to be realistic, albeit from the luxury position of being in the closed beta...

Really hope GOA will follow suite and give us the same amount of time.

they have said time and time again it will be the same for US and EU and i see no reason to doubt their word.

Derian

Fledgling Freddie
Suppose in some aspects because i am not in the closed beta i do depend on wishful thinking to get by. Also being off work for 2 weeks on holiday doesn't help, downloading Final Fantasy 7 to pass some time.

Tetley

Fledgling Freddie
From all I have seen and heard Muylaetrix is probably right. There seems to be a lot of wishful thinking going on and an amazing amount of different rumours.

I have heard of a two week open beta and a three day early start, a one week open beta and a one week early start. Anything could be true.

If you are like me you have waited years (although i am lucky enough to be in the guild beta) so a few more weeks to get started will not hurt - too much.

Kuldiin

Fledgling Freddie
If we call in sick on the 18th, do you promise to have the servers nice and stable? =p

In past MMOs, taking time off after a new expansion or launch was a nono for a good week or so :D

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
If we call in sick on the 18th, do you promise to have the servers nice and stable? =p

In past MMOs, taking time off after a new expansion or launch was a nono for a good week or so :D

Have considered taking a week off - but exactly because the servers usually are down a lot the first time, I would perhaps push it a week :D

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Have considered taking a week off - but exactly because the servers usually are down a lot the first time, I would perhaps push it a week :D

Also it's always laggy when everyone steams in with their first level 1 characters.

Personally i'll probably wait a few days until i even roll my first char for all the powergamers to level out of the newbie areas so I can play in peace without getting yelled at by munchkins :)

Kuldiin

Fledgling Freddie
Best time to take a week off to play would be around a month after launch, when most of the serious issues have been ironed out, and like Fael mentioned, the powergames have zoomed past you.

Ive always regretted taking time off immediately for games, but loved it when done later :)

Tetley

Fledgling Freddie
I expect to be about level 20 by the end of the early start, then I have a week off from saturday 20th to really get into gear. That should let me get my nose in front of the pack far enough so I can relax a little. Its a pity I won't be able to keep my beta characters but I suppose that would be asking too much.

Skorn

Fledgling Freddie
What press release?

First of all a big hello to everyone :cheers:.
And second, where is this press release, I can't seem to find it, has it been withdrawn or am I a pinball wizard?

Skorn

Fledgling Freddie
Ok so I'm a pinball wizard, I swear it was'nt there when I looked the other day.:twak:

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Ive just had a week off work with food poisoning, why o why couldnt it be the 18th September instead!

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Ive just had a week off work with food poisoning, why o why couldnt it be the 18th September instead!

Heh, you would get about 5 mins playing WAR inbetween having massive shits :)

hope your alright now though!

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Heh, you would get about 5 mins playing WAR inbetween having massive shits :)

hope your alright now though!

You could always play on your laptop in the bathroom :p

Anyway.. 7th september for open beta in the US, Australia, Singapore etc.. Any news on EU?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom