The DAoC subreward (MagnusK)

naic

Loyal Freddie
Hey hey!

I know this is stupid, but I gotta ask anyway...

The email containing the code for Pendragon's Knot reward probably was sent to me awhile ago, problem is I probably deleted it along with the code (usually do that when I'm not actually expecting a mail on this particular email addy). Now I asked the billing service if it was possible to resend the email or soemthing which it of course wasn't.

Now I'm wondering, is there any chance at all one could solve this? I really would like to have it even though I scre... messed up!

Anyone else did the same? :p

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
i played since daoc beta, and didnt receive anything :<

Ashash Saleem

Fledgling Freddie
I deleted mine because the although address it was sent from i recognised, the links it gave (if you look even the link on the message for My Account on WaR it is http://r.mailforge.orange.fr/_____________________&url=http://war-europe.com/#/myaccount) is not one i recognised and i thought it was someone faking a goa email and scamming, fortunately i had received one on another email address and not deleted it yet when i found out it wasn't a fake.

I'm sure other people have been suspicious of these mails and deleted them, maybe GoA should think about resending them out again, and maybe should think about not using a redirection link and make it a straight link.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
well i got mine but i think i need to get a magnifying glass to actually find it on my dwarf i cant actually see it. So dont worry your not really missing out on much.

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Have a few spare but apparently they are not transferable (has to be the same email on your WaR acc as the addy it was sent to or it says its invalid).

That and as said above it just looks like a small coin. :(

Ashash Saleem

Fledgling Freddie
Have a few spare but apparently they are not transferable (has to be the same email on your WaR acc as the addy it was sent to or it says its invalid).

That and as said above it just looks like a small coin. :(

Nope, the address with the code i used was a completely diferent email to the one i activated it on.

Toel

Loyal Freddie
well i got mine but i think i need to get a magnifying glass to actually find it on my dwarf i cant actually see it. So dont worry your not really missing out on much.

You tried moving it around? Like, to your belt? :)

Baldanah

Fledgling Freddie
(

Using a completely different email addy for WAR than i did for DAoC and the code worked fine for me .
I have also given my spare away, which if it wasn't working , i'm guessing i would of been told about .

Forgotten.

Fledgling Freddie
Naic.. I did the same thing... im sooo gutted... i wanted my DAoC badge... that means more to me that any other trophey....

Its a bit harsh that they will not send a repeat post to you... or me :p im pretty upset by this... but i really think GOA need to work on their customer services... pretty much every question i have asked them ends in the same line... NO..they are NO men...

Im pretty sure MagnusK works for Mythic and this is not aimed at you Magnusk... you help us any time you can and i think i speak for alot of people when i say thanks for keeping us informed... but GOA helpdesk blows... you know before you ask what the answer will be

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
I don't use my DAoC email address anymore as i changed ISP, the one i used since DAoC release....and beta.

Might have been nice if they had told us about this i could have changed my address on my DAoC account details.

Still, nevermind.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
I still use mine, not got any mail tho :(

got the mail about war/daoc acc tho

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
MagnusK is GOA employee btw. :)

I entered my code but haven't recieved the trophy ingame yet, got the confirmation mail so maybe it will have popped into my characters mail this evening.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
The code is on the bottom of the mail you got.

oww, the code is in that mail?

and Naic, if you use outlook for example, you can still retrieve the mail if you deleted it as they dont get deleted

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
I got an email on both of my email accounts but neither of them contained any code, so I deleted them.

Now what do I do?

MephTheLaw

Fledgling Freddie
Hey hey!

I know this is stupid, but I gotta ask anyway...

The email containing the code for Pendragon's Knot reward probably was sent to me awhile ago, problem is I probably deleted it along with the code (usually do that when I'm not actually expecting a mail on this particular email addy). Now I asked the billing service if it was possible to resend the email or soemthing which it of course wasn't.

Now I'm wondering, is there any chance at all one could solve this? I really would like to have it even though I scre... messed up!

Anyone else did the same? :p
I sent you one :)

I have one more spare, so first person that pms me can have it.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
wth?

what sick pervert are you!

first person to pms you?

MephTheLaw

Fledgling Freddie
wth?

what sick pervert are you!

first person to pms you?

vampire-bush.jpg

LOL :(

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
oww, the code is in that mail?

Yeah the codes were right at the very bottom, didn't even notice them myself until after someone else posted here that was where to find them. Luckily I'm a terrible e-mail horder so I hadn't deleted them.

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Good afternoon Dark Age veterans!

It does seem that some Dark Age veterans hasn't been sent the codes for Pendragon's Knot. Naturally, if one isn't using the e-mail account registered with one's Dark Age account, one wouldn't have been given a code. In an ideal world, we would have foreseen this problem, given the Dark Age community a head's up and allowed them to take the steps needed to make sure they'd have access to their Dark Age e-mail accounts. Unfortunately, this wasn't done. If you're one of these people, I'd still recommend contacting Customer Support, but I'm not sure if they will be able to help you.

If the case is that you do have access to the e-mail account registered with your Dark Age account and you still haven't received your code (including spam folder), then, clearly, we've made a mistake somewhere along the line. Customer Support should be able to help you out on this.

For European US players, I'm afraid there isn't much of a chance to get a European token. The players who are available for this are those who has had a European Dark Age account. A US player is a US player, whether that person is living over there or in Europe. Naturally, this create a bit of a moment 22 situation, as US codes can't be used on EU servers. I wouldn't expect this to be resolved if I'm to be frank.

Please bear in mind, rectifying this may take some time, as both Billing and CS are involved.
[Edit 19:00: I've just learned that from now on, Billing are able to handle these issues by themselves and so this should be easier and faster to resolve.]

Although most Dark Age veterans received their keys and have been able to validate them with no problem, we're well aware that many still can't get a hold of their tokens. For now, we're handling this through Customer Service.

-Magnus

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
If you're one of these people, I'd still recommend contacting Customer Support, but I'm not sure if they will be able to help you.

I'm sorry, but this coming from a GOA employee made me chuckle :)

Zagzyg

Loyal Freddie
Good afternoon Dark Age veterans!

It does seem that some Dark Age veterans hasn't been sent the codes for Pendragon's Knot. Naturally, if one isn't using the e-mail account registered with one's Dark Age account, one wouldn't have been given a code. In an ideal world, we would have foreseen this problem, given the Dark Age community a head's up and allowed them to take the steps needed to make sure they'd have access to their Dark Age e-mail accounts. Unfortunately, this wasn't done. If you're one of these people, I'd still recommend contacting Customer Support, but I'm not sure if they will be able to help you.

If the case is that you do have access to the e-mail account registered with your Dark Age account and you still haven't received your code (including spam folder), then, clearly, we've made a mistake somewhere along the line. Customer Support should be able to help you out on this.

For European US players, I'm afraid there isn't much of a chance to get a European token. The players who are available for this are those who has had a European Dark Age account. A US player is a US player, whether that person is living over there or in Europe. Naturally, this create a bit of a moment 22 situation, as US codes can't be used on EU servers. I wouldn't expect this to be resolved if I'm to be frank.

Please bear in mind, rectifying this may take some time, as both Billing and CS are involved.
[Edit 19:00: I've just learned that from now on, Billing are able to handle these issues by themselves and so this should be easier and faster to resolve.]

Although most Dark Age veterans received their keys and have been able to validate them with no problem, we're well aware that many still can't get a hold of their tokens. For now, we're handling this through Customer Service.

-Magnus
What I find interesting/humorous, is that I used to have DAoC accounts. My email had a kind of special ability for sub email address using a + sign.
For example
zag+daoc1@mailaccount.com
zag+daoc2@mailaccount.com
both actually go to zag@mailaccount.combut the other bit allowed me to filter and understand which account I was dealing with.
My email service provider stopped supporting that function without warning, and when I went to reopen my old DAoC accounts, I couldn't do it without a lot of manual intervention from GOA, to the extent that I gave up and went and played on the US servers instead.

But, I have received one DAoC veteran code... so someone in there obviously figured it out so they could give me a marketing bonus, but they count not do it so I could give them money.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I've been using the same email account and forwarding for over 8 years with all DAOC accounts, still no code. So frankly it's a mistake at GOA's end, the DB they've taken the list from isn't complete when they've been comparing it to the WAR sub email addresses, or they've cocked it up.

Sorry but it's not a customer mistake this time..

Elated

Fledgling Freddie
I got a spare key for the first who send me a pm :) I had 2 accounts back in the old daoc days so 1 key to spare since i only have 1 war hehe... ( do pay attention that i wont check my inbox before tomorrow since im going out to party in 5 minz from now ) :D

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
I've been using the same email account and forwarding for over 8 years with all DAOC accounts, still no code. So frankly it's a mistake at GOA's end, the DB they've taken the list from isn't complete when they've been comparing it to the WAR sub email addresses, or they've cocked it up.

Sorry but it's not a customer mistake this time..

Hey Kami,
as stated in my post, we're not trying to hide the fact that some players who were elegible for the bonus item simply didn't get their code. Contact our billing support, state your DAoC e-mail and we'll sort you out as soon as possible.

-Magnus

HerculesPluto

Fledgling Freddie
i was in daoc beta and on full game till about 2005 and didnt get anything, i still have all my cd keys and stuff, surely they shouldve just let us enter these keys into our war page to get the prize?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom