Film The Damned United

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I watched this last night and thought it was amazing, mainly due to the fact that the guy who played Brian Clough (Michael Sheen) was simply sublime. Adding to that Colm Meaney who played Don Revie looked scarily like him and he was also fantastic, I do like Colm Meaney.

The film needed to be twice as long it was that good. I wanted to see Cloughy go to Forest and work his magic.

I will be buying his auto biography now because I reckon he lived a special life.

Anyone who has any interest in football should watch this film asap, maybe even if you don't like football watch it, its simply a great film (didn't look good on Leeds Utd though.....).

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I would watch it had it been about the Forest days. Brian Clough was a legend.

I still consider myself a Forest supporter now, even though I have no remaining interest in football :(

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Great film. Didn't like the book much though; I can see why his family hated it.

Trem

I would watch it had it been about the Forest days. Brian Clough was a legend.

I still consider myself a Forest supporter now, even though I have no remaining interest in football :(

You have to watch it chum just for the stuff Cloughy did and for the acting.

Fast

Part of the furniture
Enjoyed the book, not got round to the film yet. Clough was a diamond :)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Enjoyed the book, not got round to the film yet. Clough was a diamond :)

Not at Leeds. For all his skill, he didnt say the right things.

You do not walk into a changing room and say throw your medals away, your all a bunch of cheats.

Granted, Leeds were a bit psyical in those days, but a lot of other teams were too. They just didn't win trophies like Leeds, hence why they get a bashing.

And for all the bullying Leeds did on the pitch, they also had the skill and quality to match.

Clough was a brilliant manager, just not for Leeds and sadly, he never had the chance to manage England, which probabaly is why we only have one world Cup to our name.

Trem

Not at Leeds. For all his skill, he didnt say the right things.

You do not walk into a changing room and say throw your medals away, your all a bunch of cheats.

Granted, Leeds were a bit psyical in those days, but a lot of other teams were too. They just didn't win trophies like Leeds, hence why they get a bashing.

And for all the bullying Leeds did on the pitch, they also had the skill and quality to match.

Clough was a brilliant manager, just not for Leeds and sadly, he never had the chance to manage England, which probabaly is why we only have one world Cup to our name.

So true.

Leeds were made out to look like a right bunch of ***** in the film, but that aside I thought it was a great movie.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Well, my avatar says it all, and yes its a class film.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
fantastic film

Not sure how true it was. One of the best footie movies I've seen tho.
M

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Yeah I enjoyed it alot, would love to see a sequel or two that takes him through to the end of his career.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom