The Daily Mail

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
At the same time, our distant ancestors spent much of their time being held and caressed by their mother, forming a close bond. They were not spanked.'

How are they supposed to know that? :|

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Ahh, I needed a good laugh, thanks nath :)

And Scouse, you should know better than to question the all knowing eye of the Daily Mail and their researchers.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I stand corrected, again. I'm full of fail today :(

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
On the topic of the daily mail, Chris Moyles rant:

Moyles was further angered when a listener texted in telling him to "stop moaning" because he is paid "a fortune compared with most people".

"You know nothing about my life," he hit back. "And by the way, what, because I get paid more than you that means if I don't get paid for two months I should just do oh well, harumph?

"And by the way I slept on someone's sofa last night so don't [talk] to me about my life, you have no idea, my friend. If you have a problem with that I'll pay your licence fee and you can switch off and listen to someone else. Go and read the Daily Mail, you miserable fart."

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well without dwelling deep into the actual content, i do think there might be some truth in the topic(and topic alone!) :p

I mean come on, parenting isn't exactly the pinnacle of...err...parenting these days.

This is not fcourse true in all cases, i'm sure every parent in FH is a marvel at it, so they don't need to run in with pitchforks to lynch someone :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
He was never going to cover himself in glory with a rant about not getting paid, was he.

The fat twat :)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Well without dwelling deep into the actual content, i do think there might be some truth in the topic(and topic alone!) :p

I mean come on, parenting isn't exactly the pinnacle of...err...parenting these days.

Do you have any evidence to suggest parenting now is worse than it used to be? Other than the Daily Mail article I linked, of course :).

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Do you have any evidence to suggest parenting now is worse than it used to be? Other than the Daily Mail article I linked, of course :).

Well, can't say that i do, more of an opinion then any so yes i might be dead wrong in it.(would take a while to study it)

But, looking at things, in UK case i think the chavs? per example. The TV and gmes being more of a family watcher then parents, both parents working in most cases, family dinners being a thing of the past(not completely mind you) and so on, i just think that things aren't exactly better.

Though this might come down to sheer numbers, more people, more bad parents, or perhaps just access to data that shows us this bad parenting.

In cavemen times, i think parenting would've been more towards teaching the ways and people just concentrating on survival, so the parenting would be just a transfer of skills and taking over jobs. So in that aspect there wasn't much else to do, which ofcourse means it might look better, simply due to lack of activities.

Bet if these days you go into some remote village, you'll see better parenting, but it's mostly due to lack of outside forces.

Argh...rambling...tl;dr - I THINK parenting is worse these days, in -some/many- cases, don't have any proof, and it might be due to numbers and outside influences.

(Not to mention parenting depends on kids too and these days kids aren't as easy to respect parents).

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Well there's not much to discuss from that - all of what you've got there is opinion. I could counter it but it'd be like arguing whether green or blue is better.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well there's not much to discuss from that - all of what you've got there is opinion. I could counter it but it'd be like arguing whether green or blue is better.

True, true. Then again, we could agree on the part that some of the parenting these days in civilized countries is worse then in a remote village in the kongo.

Bad parenting ofcourse is a fact, but i think the original link guy is very wrong that it's a common problem(to an extent to call it default).

I think that to actually compare cavemen and modern parents, one would have to compare animal parenting to bad parenting of humans. There's certainly flaws in animal parenting too, and it would be closest to caveman parenting.

I think that is.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Green. Clearly :eek:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Green. Clearly :eek:

You have any scientific proof of that?

Because science says that in most color blind cases the blue color stays intact(could be wrong, but that's what i last heard). This would indicate that nature thinks green isn't as important.

Also the blue color is a mind-refreshing color, basically wakes us up and makes our minds sharper(there's a study on that, bet it's laying about the interwebs somewhere).

I don't know of any positive effects of the color green :D

In fact, plants are green and during the night they use oxygen, which CLEARLY indicates that they are trying to kill us in our sleep!

nath

Fledgling Freddie
You have any scientific proof of that?

Because science says that in most color blind cases the blue color stays intact(could be wrong, but that's what i last heard). This would indicate that nature thinks green isn't as important.

Faulty logic. All it's indicative of is that in most colour blind cases the blue colour stays intact.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Faulty logic. All it's indicative of is that in most colour blind cases the blue colour stays intact.

Oh but it's more of a win or blue then green, green needs to step up and show benefits to eb a contender :D

nath

Fledgling Freddie
A win in your eyes, but you're both wrong. As I said - orange is clearly superior. Orange smarties taste better. I win.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
A win in your eyes, but you're both wrong. As I said - orange is clearly superior. Orange smarties taste better. I win.

Ah but you're negating your first statement with your second. You say that it's in "our eyes", yet base your superiority of orange on your taste ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
My word is all the scientific proof the world will ever need. All I ask is that you obey and believe me, as you would the word of god.

Nature obviously thinks green is great because it doesn't mind your eyes fucking around with it. If anything green was dangerous, ever, then our eyes wouldn't reassign it as a colour willy-nilly.

Blue things are obviously more dangerous. I've never fallen on green grass and died. But if I fall in the deep blue sea I may not be so lucky.

The same study that says blue makes our minds sharper says green makes us feel comfortable, safe and relaxed.

Therefore Green = Win.

Clearly :D

Edit: Orange smarties aren't really Orange. The Orange is just disguising the shit-brown colour that make up the bulk of their mass :eek:

nath

Fledgling Freddie
My word is all the scientific proof the world will ever need. All I ask is that you obey and believe me, as you would the word of god.

So I'll dismiss what you say as bullshit relic "wisdom" of a bygone era.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I am an awesome parent. Fuck the Daily Mail :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So I'll dismiss what you say as bullshit relic "wisdom" of a bygone era.

I notice that you're avoiding the central issue of orange clearly being just a front for shit-brown-ness.... :eek:

Perhaps my brain of divine science shouldn't be so easily dismissed eh?

Yeah. You're feeling that aintcha bitch! :D

/fap

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I notice that you're avoiding the central issue of orange clearly being just a front for shit-brown-ness.... :eek:

Perhaps my brain of divine science shouldn't be so easily dismissed eh?

Yeah. You're feeling that aintcha bitch! :D

/fap

They're called orange smarties because it's the colour that separates them from the other colours. Yes they're all brown on the inside but if we used that logic then we'd not be able to be racist to ANYONE as we all bleed red, and where's the fun in that?

Oh and orange smarties have orange flavour running through them so they are actually orange through and through, just not entirely of colour. If you were so divine you'd know that. Pff.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
The BBC was yesterday trying to convince me that strong winds parted the Red Sea and let the Jews escape Egypt. I don't believe any of the lying fuckers, Jews or BBC! They used boats and rafts like normal folk!

rynnor

Rockhound
The BBC was yesterday trying to convince me that strong winds parted the Red Sea and let the Jews escape Egypt. I don't believe any of the lying fuckers, Jews or BBC! They used boats and rafts like normal folk!

Agreed - tbh people who waste time trying to prove things in the bible are mental imho.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Hmm, just read the article. Despite being in the Fail it makes one or two valid points, but the rest is fairly shaky supposition;

• extended family - good (the "nuclear family" is actually seriously stressful for parents isolated from an extended family).
  • infant attention - good, but probably not for the reasons they think. In a world of predators it pays to keep the kids quiet.
  • freedom to roam - well duh. But I do worry about the lack of freedom kids have these days to be away from adults, instinctively I feel it must be damaging
  • Spanking - bollocks. Chimps cuff their kids, so I'd be extremely surprised if we ever gave up the habit then rediscovered it.
  • Breastfeeding until 5 - doubtful. Longer certainly, but breastfeeding puts huge energy requirements on the mother; kids were probably weaned as early as possible and breast milk was supplementary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom