The cool stuff that we all like to keep

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Thinking about Trem's recent post, would it be a nice idea to have a sticky, containing links to people's personal webspace, where they host some of those really funny files that we all like to see?

This might be unworkable due to bandwidth considerations, and other people linking from their own websites to members here, so perhaps it could be in the member's only section?

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Surely the bandwidth is the concern of the webspace the files reside on, I can't see how FH would use bandwidth simply because of a hyperlink ?

I have a stack of "funny videos" on my file server here.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
xane said:
Surely the bandwidth is the concern of the webspace the files reside on, I can't see how FH would use bandwidth simply because of a hyperlink ?

I have a stack of "funny videos" on my file server here.

Thats what I meant, if I placed a 5MB file on my HD, and it got quoted in a few other forums, my account might get suspended. Thats why I thought, to put it only in the subs forum.

EvilMonkeh

Fledgling Freddie
i have an unlimited bandwidth account with my isp (50mb)
and 5gb on my site (none of which is used)

so if you have something worth wasting bandwidth over, i dont mind hosting :)

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
Surely a proprietary system, wherby pictures can only be accessed via some php script or whatever, is in order? The page could contain ads for revenue, which for a service similar to this, I'd be willing to accept.
Though why not just sell Freddyshouse to another corp. and watch it get into trouble ... would a decision such as this pave the way forward? Where is FH going? Where are my pants?

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
STAR WARS KID!!!!

If there is anyone left who hasn't seen this then go and find it immediately!

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
Hyperlinks to files on other sites (like personal webpages) shouldnt pose a problem to fh, just to the sites host (or isp).

Lester

One of Freddy's beloved
While we (were) on the subject - has anyone got the BT "I'll come down there and wring your fuckin neck " file?

Gray

FH is my second home
Trem said:
STAR WARS KID!!!!

If there is anyone left who hasn't seen this then go and find it immediately!

Aww! That kid got his arsed kicked so much in school apparently :D.. just because some "nasty" kid nicked the vid and threw it up on the net..

he suffers from stress now or somethin :D...

(apparently) :D

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Actually someone decided to start a fund to buy him an iPod, which he was gagging for at the time, and there were so many people who felt bad about it they ended up with enough to buy him a G4 powerbook AND an iPod.

He accepted them, and then his parents started legal action claiming for damages against the children who nabbed the tape and leaked it to the web in the first place. Guess they decided if they could get thousands of dollars in kit for nothing there was even more to be made through litigation. Greedy whores.

The list of people who did versions of that video is almost neverending, one of the best came from one of the team at raven software who properly synced light sabre effects, laser blasts and sound effects, which has seen nearly as many spinoffs as the original video. I quite liked the one with him sabre battling himself ;)

Xav

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom