The comprehensive guide to everything

L

loxleyhood

Dragonfang

Dragonfang is overpowered. Everybody in the world is aware of this, from the little Shadowblades to the Queen herself in Buckingham fucking palace. Popular reasons for dragonfang (thats dragonfang, not dragon fang) being overpowered are 1) The stun is too long, 2) having it as an evade reactionary is overpowered on a class that can easily cap evade 3) wtf! I don't have dragonfang! 4) Im a Shadowblade. Please kill me...... god, please make it stop.
The counter argument for dragonfang is that you need to be delicate when nerfing it. It is undeniabley overpowered in the hands of Infiltrators (but only after 1.62, huh) but Scouts and Mercenaries also make use of it, and in their hands, with lower evade, it is not such an issue. Also, the primary dragonfang whiners are Shadowblades and Nightshades, you should be aware; evade is halved vs. dual wield, so you're not actually the ones suffering the worst from this. Think of the hunters, wont somebody think of the hunters?!
Dragonfang is likely to be adressed in the style review, which Mythic has said is yet to come. Sit tight kids.

Savages

Ah, Savages. Those hunchbacked, quad-hitting, range-interrupting, resist-chanting, evade-evade-evade-fuckyouilljustparry, fuzzy balls of joy. Everybody in the world, from the youngest of Minstrels to George Bush Jr. is quite aware that Savages are an 'issue'. (Please note, things that are overpowered are typically 'issues'.) They can be monsterous, one of those, "Hey, didn't I have some hp a second ago?" things. They're actually not that bad without quad-hits, without them they're quite nifty little light tanks with good defence, and not bad offence. But then they quad hit, and everyone wails the universal wail of lamentation, "WTF!"
Now, to their defence, there are some 2h savages that can't quad hit running around out there. Although I think thats kind of like stealing a car and giving it a paint job, you've still done it, even it does look different. I've also fought a few 2h savages who couldn't get past my shield and whipped out the good ol' fisticuffs. Yay.
Yes, we are in the time of the Savages. They've thrown the Berserkers in the old folks home and send them a Christmas card once a year like the wonderful children they are. Sure, that pesky Grandpa Zzang likes to go on his "walkies" but the Savages are here now. Out of the frying pan and into the fire, that was 1.62.
Anyways, what to be done? Well, Mythic have actually started nerfing Savages already, albeit gradually. But its on its way.

Casters

Dark Age of Tankalot. A phrase that those bitter old casters mutter in their Relic Raid retirement castles. Well, yeah, you're fucked for a while guys. Its not that bad. You're not totally nerfed in the ear. Now, don't go flame me here (pun intended for you fire wizs, yahah,) I really am on your side, the more casters there are running around the better it is for me! But you guys really are in it for the long run. Resists have been adjusted slightly and that will improve your situation, but the interrupt code is a huge problem, and Mythic has explicitly stated that it will not be changed. Now, this means that Mythic will change it's mind in 3 months and lo, your salvation shall decend.
Guess what im gonna say. Yup, be quiet and wait for it.

Zergs

Once upon a time there was a game called Starcraft. From the makers of Warcraft. Do you see? Silly Sun Tzu, war isn't an art, its a craft, like flower arranging. Anyways, I digress. In Starcraft there was a race called the Zerg. A good tactic to win a Starcraft multiplayer game was to play as The Zerg and create lots of zerglings, and zerg your enemy. Zerg zerg zerg zerg.
And like a fine sub-culture developing, the word zerg entered the gamers language.
It is common belief that in DAoC, Albion are the zergers. This is asshat, but of course, I am biased. All the realms zerg, yes even Hibernia. But the problem is that one realm usually zergs all day, giving the illusion that that realm always zergs. For example, lets say that 3fg of Mids are in Emain one morning, but there is only 1fg of Albs, and a few solors. Now, these Albs will get tired of being zerged, and will all log off. Meanwhile, more Mids are logging on. Thus, the number of Mids increases and the number of Albs decreases. This creates a zerg. Diclaimer: I am not saying Mids zerg and Albs don't. Its just an example. All realms zerg. Peace out.

Stealthzergs. Like zergs, only........... stealthed
Stealthzergs. Quite different in nature from usual zergs. Regular people hate them. Stealthers hate them. The poor, overused stairs of amg hate them. Now, stealthers have the issue that 1) we have to camp, because we are very, very slow moving (except minstrels, but they aren't pure stealthers) 2) we have to camp areas of high traffic. Namely, this means Milegates and Telekeeps. Now, that would be half of the equation. The other half is that there are now lots of stealthers now. Small camping areas + many people = zerg.

Hey look at this link/spec/idea!

NO! You fuck off! This is the R-v-R Forum! Contary to popular belief, people do fucking read more forums than just this one. Now, I understand if you want to post something amusing the Off-Topic forum may not seem desirable. In fact, the Off-Topicers are a very dangerous tribe of people, and long rituals must be carried out until you can actually enter their circle. However, post RvR stuff here.

Gratz!

Gratz threads are good. People put a lot of their heart and soul into their little toon, and some recognition on reaching a certain level hurts nobody. However, gratzing low realm rank dings on somebody you have never heard of is a little irritating. There are exceptions, like those brave tanks who actually solo. So keep in mind when making a gratz thread judge it on it's merits. Usually, rr5 isn't worth a thread.
But rr5 gratz threads aren't what annoy me. Now, and some point in the history of this great and noble forum, somebody made a satirical post. I think it was the same time Arnold actually won the election and the planets must have been aligned, blah blah blah blah. Anyways, this post said, or the jist of it was, "omfg! ding rr1l3! gratz!!" Ah, yes, we all had a good laugh over that one, or at least saw the point. No, what really gets on my tits is the one monkey who posts the same thing every fucking week. Its old now!

Patch notes

Stormrider is gone and we need a new notes spammer. Apply within.

Spam

Once again, go to the off-topic forum. With offerings. And perhaps guns. Is this whole thread spam? Probably. None of you have probably read it, you just read a few first lines, saw it's enormity and zoomed down here. I just wanted to cover most the things in the RvR forums, and make it a better place, a place that doesn't make me grit my teeth now and then.

As you can see, I am most bored atm.

J

jakobi

Funny post, alot more entertaining than the rest of rvrdiscussions

P

pitspawn

I really am on your side, the more casters there are running around the better it is for me!

\o/ :(

Great thread btw :)

E

Ekydus

Originally posted by loxleyhood

Hey look at this link/spec/idea!

NO! You fuck off! This is the R-v-R Forum! Contary to popular belief, people do fucking read more forums than just this one. Now, I understand if you want to post something amusing the Off-Topic forum may not seem desirable. In fact, the Off-Topicers are a very dangerous tribe of people, and long rituals must be carried out until you can actually enter their circle. However, post RvR stuff here.

Hehe, I was going to be pendantic but I won't because I R B3L0NG 2 T3H 3V1L 7R1B3 IMO IRL TBH OMFG ETC xD

S

Sharp Thing

Patch notes

Stormrider is gone and we need a new notes spammer. Apply within.

i nominate tzee!

K

knoll

same goes for none stealth classes fighting SZ's getting of FG on a paladin or armsman aint that hard.

evade based stun on a evade 7 class is just plain idiotic to say the least.

remove evade based stun from assasins like inf/sb/ns let zerks/bms/mercs keep those styles.

iwe said it a thousand times but i say it again make assasins spec CS line.
make some improvments like medium fatigue cost on anytime style like garrote, and give SB's a cool uniqe RA and another dmg type then everything would be solved. allthough AP on high RR ns's are abit to much give them a something else to compete.

B

behatch

Originally posted by knoll
same goes for none stealth classes fighting SZ's getting of FG on a paladin or armsman aint that hard.

evade based stun on a evade 7 class is just plain idiotic to say the least.

remove evade based stun from assasins like inf/sb/ns let zerks/bms/mercs keep those styles.

yeah and slam isnt idiotic fag

L

loxleyhood

Re: Re: The comprehensive guide to everything

Originally posted by Conchabar
did an alb just say dragonfang is overpwred btw?

It may look like that, but really its a trick done with mirrors.

H

healer_mcheal

its all in the wrist action aint it lox

B

behatch

Re: Re: Re: The comprehensive guide to everything

It may look like that, but really its a trick done with mirrors.

omg you rule,but you allready new that didnt you? :)

O

old.Nol

loxley.jpg

I

Imon

have you ever tried to sleep instead of typing something for 2 hours??????

K

knoll

Originally posted by behatch
yeah and slam isnt idiotic fag

duh u are an SB and slam got no to hitbonus let em keep that.
as long as we can all agree that evade based stun on a evade 7 class is to much.

if not givf DF to savage. didnt think so then its settled remove it from assasins only not from scouts or rangers or bm's or zerks

E

--Eraser--

good tactic to start with the dragonfang issue :)

now that an alb admitted this is something to care about, i want to see some savages to confess as well please :clap:

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by --Eraser--
now that an alb admitted this is something to care about, i want to see some savages to confess as well please :clap:
did that ages ago, just check the old posts :)

L

loxleyhood

Originally posted by Imon
have you ever tried to sleep instead of typing something for 2 hours??????

1) Do you type with one finger?

2) I posted this at 9:30pm :p

A

ab_fluid

donttouchpoopy
Banned

hahaha xDDDD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom