The complete military history of France!

F

Flimgoblin

Apparently there's quite a wave of anti-french sentiment going around at the moment in the US...

so much so that some companies are now offering "Freedom Fries" instead of "French Fries"

(please note the 'some')

Worrying :(

O

old.LandShark

Yes, I love how the Americans are going nuts at the French and Germans despite the fact that EVERYONE is against the war, apart from the UK and the Spanish. Sigh.

O

old.The McScrooges

What is the difference between the French and toast?
You can make soldiers out of toast...

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by old.The McScrooges
What is the difference between the French and toast?
You can make soldiers out of toast...

Haha :D

O

old.job

Saddam here, hello how are you all?

Just a quick note to thank all the anti-war protestors for all they've done, the Americans really had me worried at one point.
I thought they were actually going to attack, but it looks like your protests have finally put paid to that.

Nothing like a good split in the west ,so I can keep on saving cash to buy a Nuke, and once I've got one of those baby's, oooh the worlds my sheesh -kebab.

Of course I 'm not stupid enough to use it myself, in fact I've no problem with you westerners, I'm scoffing Scottish salmon as I write, but I do need a bit of world influence, once I've got the nuke, of course I will be offering it to any Terrorist organisation who's interested. Well I won't actually do it, but just in case I decide to, I'll have the west grovelling round my ringpiece for many years to come...sweet :)
Now when I've got one of those baby's, say in 5 years time, then you can kiss controlling me goodbye, one western warplane drops so much as a mars bar wrapper in Iraq, and it's
'Mr Laden, what do you want for Ramadam?'
So keep up the good work, I'll be repaying your kindness very soon.
Thanks again, yours...big cuddly Saddy :)

R

rynnor

Originally posted by old.job
once I've got the nuke, of course I will be offering it to any Terrorist organisation who's interested.

Heh its funny to see the U.S.A. saying Saddam has weapons of mass destruction when it was them who gave them to him.

Lots of lovely american manufactured Anthrax strains which is funny because these have been banned under International treaty for years but of course they only keep them to manufacture antidotes - yeah right ;)

The situation in IRAQ is actually very similar to that in Vietnam 30 years ago - Ho Chi Minh and Saddam both got their big break because the yanks supported them as they wanted puppets to control these countries.

Afghanistan was another Ex-US ally who went 'bad' - the pattern is common enough...

And if anyone can see the morality of a pre-emptive strike then they must have really lost it - its like saying we should kill all Palastinian children because some of them might grow up to be suicide bombers?

O

old.job

Quite simply, the West doesn't want the East to have the same god like powers it enjoys. Reasonable enough I suppose, we feel we are more responsible and less likely to strike out, but we are just as likely, if we feel our way of life is threatened in any way, then NOTHING will stop us, as it hasn't in the past.

And yes killing Palestinians is an option, so is wiping everyone of the planet who doesn't agree with you.

Do you seriously believe the Americans don't have a plan for every eventuality.
They though about it after WW2, if you don't know your history, they considered, very seriously considered, carpet bombing China and the USSR with nukes to eleiminate any future threat.
People are wringing their hands over a little war with Iraq, when a total war of civilisations is just round the corner.
Anyone who knows politics, knows it's brewing, the Americans are just simply considering eliminating a future threat.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Laughable... all these "Saddam is an evil guy, supressing poor Iraqi's".

Check Google for facts about North Korea.
Mighty leaders of the Yong Il clan have their people suffering since decades and no one really gives a flying fuck about the situation of North Korean civilians.

NK poses a far (far, far, far) greater threat to peace on this planet than Iraq could ever be.

Anthrax? Fucking every country has Anthrax. Saudi Arabia, Syria, Iran... yada, yada.

It's personal.
"The guy who tried to kill my dad."
and
The guy who fucked over Donald Rumsfeld in the 80ies.

And slagging off the French because they are anti-war?
Well, hats off to the French for being one of the few democracies that dare to stand up against Dubya's crazed warmongering.

French soldiers being lushes?
My friends, you have never met a Foreign Legionair or a a member of a French mountain division.
I have seen both them and US paras and rangers during winter combat training in Narvik/Norway a couple of years ago and they make the so-called U.S elite forces look like mommie boys.

O

old.The McScrooges

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm) French soldiers being lushes?
My friends, you have never met a Foreign Legionair or a a member of a French mountain division.
[/B]

Actually I have, in Bosnia, nice bunch of lads if slightly mad. I got to read their anti-sniper patrol reports. Before they were edited for the press :D

But I'm English, French bashing is a cultural thing...

And North Korean has just tested a Nuclear missile but that is alright because we knew they were going to do it. So no risk there... :rolleyes:

O

old.Xarr

sick you've been to narvik? that's where i study at uni atm :)

when i was in the military we had some winter training ops with foreign commando units as well. one of them being french. those guys are hard, make no mistake.

O

old.job

Oh ,yes, they look hard, and on paper they sound hard, but the reality is the French are very good at rolling over when things hot up.
And it does rile the US/Brits that they are now bezzy mates with the very country that kept invading them, and have stuck their noses up at the countries that liberated them.
In WW2 we had to sink the French fleet to stop it falling into German hands, the French simply refused to fix the problem themselves, we warned them and then had to send hundreds of French soldiers to the bottom.

Users who are viewing this thread