The Cluster Thread

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
sneakers where the hell have you bean?! Vent dude!

Dard

Part of the furniture
You temptress & harlot!!! Now I have a dilemma....

I'd have to get my own acc. as I've not got Tuth's predilection for borrowing other peoples ;). What's the action like out there?

Its a lot busier than when we where still running a grp ;p ... DL the 14 day trial & come see :england:

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Its a lot busier than when we where still running a grp ;p ... DL the 14 day trial & come see :england:

Hmm, I shall investigate such delights as payment & stuff. Alb wasn't it?

friky

Fledgling Freddie
well if any one has contacts inside GOA would be nice to see if anything could happend seen has eveyrthing elce has failed, its a garentee that 200+ would immidetly reniew if there was a merger or opitunity to charictor transfur, i dont get why the comunication is such a problem, most europians can speak english, and it worled from with pvp server, only problem is reading the german. 2 ways to fix this. 1. have to languages and just some how reright merchents and items, or make it all english seen as it a leading language. but 1st a questionair must be asked if the germans mind, i doubt they would, and due to 50%+ of the german servers not being german is should be fine.

FOR SPARTA!

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
I would resup EU if they merged EU/German servers, for sure.

Atm, im just tossing around on US in thid, and on Ygdrasil freeshard. (Wich is great btw) ;D

Starting over on a german client is a no go, due to the language barrier, but if i had my chars there from Excal/pryd i´d do it in a hearthbeat.

Go go GoA.. show us you care!!

Everz

FH is my second home
You lot need to log in thid more as i can't get Ygdrassil on atm.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
make it all english seen as it a leading language. but 1st a questionair must be asked if the germans mind, i doubt they would, and due to 50%+ of the german servers not being german is should be fine.

FOR SPARTA!
LOLOLOLOL

Hey you 2000 Germans would you mind if we translated your server to English so these 50 people from the dead English servers join you?

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
LOLOLOLOL

Hey you 2000 Germans would you mind if we translated your server to English so these 50 people from the dead English servers join you?

It can stay in german i just want to play my chars, i dont care if its in german then.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
LOLOLOLOL

Thought the same thing.

TBH if all these English speakers really wanted to play DAoC in their native language they should go US - enough of them do & they'll have a prime time of sorts out there.

I did the German thing & the language was hard, but the hardest thing was the lack of community. I wanted to banter with the enemy & my German stretches no further than Nicht spreaken se Deutchse (& that's probably wrong) so I had no way to say anything to the enemy & tbh that's quite a lot of the fun.

Anyway I'm going to take my own advice & peak in & see how the US is.

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Thought the same thing.

TBH if all these English speakers really wanted to play DAoC in their native language they should go US - enough of them do & they'll have a prime time of sorts out there.

I did the German thing & the language was hard, but the hardest thing was the lack of community. I wanted to banter with the enemy & my German stretches no further than Nicht spreaken se Deutchse (& that's probably wrong) so I had no way to say anything to the enemy & tbh that's quite a lot of the fun.

Anyway I'm going to take my own advice & peak in & see how the US is.
What about the ones with other native languages than English or German? We can play on English servers np, why did they have to make German and French servers in the first place? That's the original problem imo, and now they need to fix it. It's Goa who created these language barriers.

Language is only a form of communication, and as long as English is the only language entire Europe can understand, it should be the only language being used in computer games. Here in Norway we have no need for Norwegian games, all games are in English and we have no problem with that. I see no reason why anyone should have a problem with that. Ofc in parts of the 3rd world countries there are people who can't speak English, but last time I checked no countries in Europe were part of the 3rd world.

They tried to make Spanish and Italian servers, AFTER the English speaking servers, look how that went. If they had made only English servers to begin with, the German and French servers would've been just as much of a fiasco as those.

Also by playing computer games in a different language than your native one, it doesn't really take long before you understand another language.

All in all, who really does care about language aslong as we can understand eachother (and what's going on in the game)?

My point is in the end, humans will always learn and find ways to communicate, but when you write different code or different languages for computers it will only cause a lot of problems cause they don't learn. If they can't communicate, they have to be rewritten. That's what the language barrier is all about.

Ofcourse I can learn German, but that doesn't really help me when my chars are on Dyvet. :)

aika

Part of the furniture
if this is gonna happen i'm so gonna renew and fail all my uni courses :)

Bourkester

Fledgling Freddie
What about the ones with other native languages than English or German? We can play on English servers np, why did they have to make German and French servers in the first place? That's the original problem imo, and now they need to fix it. It's Goa who created these language barriers.

Language is only a form of communication, and as long as English is the only language entire Europe can understand, it should be the only language being used in computer games. Here in Norway we have no need for Norwegian games, all games are in English and we have no problem with that. I see no reason why anyone should have a problem with that. Ofc in parts of the 3rd world countries there are people who can't speak English, but last time I checked no countries in Europe were part of the 3rd world.

They tried to make Spanish and Italian servers, AFTER the English speaking servers, look how that went. If they had made only English servers to begin with, the German and French servers would've been just as much of a fiasco as those.

Also by playing computer games in a different language than your native one, it doesn't really take long before you understand another language.

All in all, who really does care about language aslong as we can understand eachother (and what's going on in the game)?

My point is in the end, humans will always learn and find ways to communicate, but when you write different code or different languages for computers it will only cause a lot of problems cause they don't learn. If they can't communicate, they have to be rewritten. That's what the language barrier is all about.

Ofcourse I can learn German, but that doesn't really help me when my chars are on Dyvet. :)

well more daoc players in europe obviously speak german.. the english server is the one dying not the German one one.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
They should've sorted some form of character transfers a long time ago. I wouldn't expect them to recluster or change language on an entire server - but they should at least give the option to players if they want to migrate from dead servers.

Asking your players to level up another character all over again just to play on another server because their home server has a fucked up population really isn't motivating to anyone thinking of resubscribing.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I wouldn't mind the game being in German, you would have the added bonus of learning another language. To many Brits (myself included) only speak one language.

Lucius

Banned
I wouldn't mind playing on a German server either with my old characters. It is quite a tantilising prospect, just thinking about playing my Thidranki characters and pitting them against some of the best Glamorgan has to offer (and believe me, the standard is pretty high).

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
I wouldn't mind playing on a German server either with my old characters. It is quite a tantilising prospect, just thinking about playing my Thidranki characters and pitting them against some of the best Glamorgan has to offer (and believe me, the standard is pretty high).

I know it may be the principle thats important here but can't you re-roll a thid toon in a matter of hours? A couple of plat and knowing an SCer is all thats needed and with the number of people that have re-rolled that shouldn't be too hard.

Lucius

Banned
I know it may be the principle thats important here but can't you re-roll a thid toon in a matter of hours? A couple of plat and knowing an SCer is all thats needed and with the number of people that have re-rolled that shouldn't be too hard.

Oh I already have, been playing in Thidranki on .de for two years now (although I have since quit). All I am saying is that it would be nice to have my characters (and guilds) from Dyvet there too.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
well more daoc players in europe obviously speak german.. the english server is the one dying not the German one one.

That's far more diplomatic than I would have been; but none the less correct for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom