The Cluster Thread

Arathar

Fledgling Freddie
Is there anyway to get GOA to cluster all EU servers or - Eng to merge with german,

discuss pls feel like this is a important issue - i believe many ppl have chars they would love to bring back to the action from their excal/prydwen chars

what i mean, how many would be so thrilled for this..

im one

Arathar

Fledgling Freddie
I will really try to make this happen for real, i'm going to try call goa and such. - i know it sounds really stupid :p but its worth a try and effort, hopefully this thread can get alot of comments and replys to see how much we really care and want to get back into the action!
this game is really great and warhammer has it own style but once you've played this game, there's nothing that can replace it.

Arathar

Fledgling Freddie
Is there anyway to get GOA to cluster all EU servers or - Eng to merge with german,

discuss pls feel like this is a important issue - i believe many ppl have chars they would love to bring back to the action from their excal/prydwen chars

what i mean, how many would be so thrilled for this..

im one

im gonna be a retard here and reply a third time on my own post - but a transfer would also be hell of a good option since it could mean that they could close 2 servers down and make a profit of that (me thinks atleast) dont know if anyone has brought this up alot of times or not but I want to try get GOA realise some - baisc facts here - mythic spent alot of time to fix this game , i think its damn good now , would be ashame to let that all go away for english speaking players from europe

Ixnay

Can't get enough of FH
Is it Ok to talk or do you want to carry on yourself ? :D

I think most people would be in the same boat as yourself mate, me included.
If the possibility to either merge the UK servers with the current german cluster, or to transfer our chars there then alot of people would do so and probably find alot of peeps would renew and play again ( but would still have the stubborn arse bandits that will QQ about the german)

So yeah, go go, magically make it happen!

Arathar

Fledgling Freddie
Is it Ok to talk or do you want to carry on yourself ? :D

I think most people would be in the same boat as yourself mate, me included.
If the possibility to either merge the UK servers with the current german cluster, or to transfer our chars there then alot of people would do so and probably find alot of peeps would renew and play again ( but would still have the stubborn arse bandits that will QQ about the german)

So yeah, go go, magically make it happen!

heheheh :) <3

I think that it would not be a problem with german client (for most ppl) if we could simply take our chars that we have -ready for late game, we would not have to be arsed with alot of pve as it would be more diffucult do all that with germain language

will seriously make a an effort and investigate and try see this through , most imporant is to get ppls attention

Vegedk

Fledgling Freddie
theres been loads of threads like this.. and been some explanations on why they have'nt made it possible to transfer your chars.. im quite sure goa knows theres alot of ppl that would do this and there is profit to be made.. i dont think any company in the world are so lazy they wouldn't make an easy profit if possible..

so im pretty sure if it was an easy task to sort out char transfers on the EU servers it would have been done by now.. or atleast they would have transfered all chars to one of the english servers just too cut expenses on maintainness but then again i really dont know how much it costs to run a server like a DAoC server.. so who am i to say :)

anyway just what i was thinking.. BUT on note i too would love a char transfer!!! and wouldn't mind paying for it either

SonicBorg

Regular Freddie
It would be fantastic idea if it happened, to have just EU servers instead of german, English, french, etc etc.
It would probably kill off the US servers as alot of EU players on there would possibly come back then, be cheaper based on the current exchange rate too. costing me £2 more on US servers :)

Arathar

Fledgling Freddie
It would be fantastic idea if it happened, to have just EU servers instead of german, English, french, etc etc.
It would probably kill off the US servers as alot of EU players on there would possibly come back then, be cheaper based on the current exchange rate too. costing me £2 more on US servers :)

fantastic idea!, simply EU Servers. it would indeed bring more players back and boost the action

currently trying to get in contact with the one/s incharge of the dyvet cluster , if u know his/her name please say so by pm or reply

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie

But how would French/German people manage since then they would have actually learn bit of english.

Then again i'm not sure do i want to join a group and then see that they only speak french.

FAM87

Loyal Freddie
I would love a server merge, even though I am playing on the German servers now.

I asked GOA if they could transfer my characters to the German server, even offered to pay for the time spent while doing so. Did not get an concrete answer, but they would not do it. =<

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It would be the best thing they could possibly do for daoc in Europe, the main reason they wont do it.

Arathar

Fledgling Freddie
But how would French/German people manage since then they would have actually learn bit of english.

Then again i'm not sure do i want to join a group and then see that they only speak french.

I would love a server merge, even though I am playing on the German servers now.

I asked GOA if they could transfer my characters to the German server, even offered to pay for the time spent while doing so. Did not get an concrete answer, but they would not do it. =<

Hehe I c what you mean Downananel, and we would have to learn some french or german basic words but that sacrifice is totaly worth a cluster/transfer thingy

FAM87 I also did this and also got a blabla answer, but that was a year ago. this whole thing is a long shot but we can all agree on its worth a try, some sort of effort. just maybe, maybe we can change their minds. :worthy:

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
I totally agree. Char transfer or clustering DE/EN. Would renew in a heart beat! :>

Afran

Part of the furniture
Need to merge the two US normal clusters also :)

Everz

FH is my second home
Not really, wow i get to play my chanter in a template from OF on a server that will be fully german, wow thats so awesome.. face it english servers are dead, cluster is never going to happen, there won't be some magic spring of life happen if a char-xfer will have because plain and simply alot can't be bothered to play with german when theres the same populated english speaking servers over on the US.

FAM87

Loyal Freddie
Even though I really wish for a server merge to happen, I have my doubts about it. Be it technical problems or other, I do not think GOA is going to merge the servers. But one can hope, and I do hope.

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
I would renew instantly if i could play my NS on the german cluster, cba to start all over again.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
I would renew in a heartbeat. The only reason I don't play on DE servers is because I REALLY can't be bothered to level new toons, simple as that. And as for the US servers, I tried those and the primetime for them is about 3am over here. I'm not that much of a night owl.

The language barrier on the DE servers isn't a barrier at all because for one thing a lot of German players speak english passably and if you need help there are a load of English players that have re-rolled DE who coud help you. So whether a merger or a x-fer i would be there in an instant.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
I've been out of the loop for a good while but wasn't the reason that Dyvet can't be clustered something to do with the language packs being held client side?

I've got mid chars on the German server but I've got no one to play with :/. For the record the German language wasn't that hard - what I mean by that is I levelled those chars while paying zero attention to the chatbox, which is pretty much what I did in English anyhow. The Germans were all to happy to speak English to me in RvR though venting with them was interesting - saying that venting with the likes of Tuth & Sweed had it's moments too ;).

Tried WAR & hated it's dumbed down approach to RvR & I've tried Eve & while I appreciated it's complexity it leads people to be anally over cautious + I'm corp-less atm & all my friends have run away while I've been off-line.

Dard

Part of the furniture
I've been out of the loop for a good while but wasn't the reason that Dyvet can't be clustered something to do with the language packs being held client side?

I've got mid chars on the German server but I've got no one to play with :/. For the record the German language wasn't that hard - what I mean by that is I levelled those chars while paying zero attention to the chatbox, which is pretty much what I did in English anyhow. The Germans were all to happy to speak English to me in RvR though venting with them was interesting - saying that venting with the likes of Tuth & Sweed had it's moments too ;).

Tried WAR & hated it's dumbed down approach to RvR & I've tried Eve & while I appreciated it's complexity it leads people to be anally over cautious + I'm corp-less atm & all my friends have run away while I've been off-line.

More than welcome to come play Alb (Devon cluster) with me & Killder if your bored mate. I'm still leveling toons atm but i have a spare account you can use ;)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Erm, wouldn't there also be another issue? - server languages? :\

Everz

FH is my second home
They won't ever be clusters due to a little bit of law stating there must be a language for each version so quit dreaming of a cluster.

Amiga

Can't get enough of FH
They won't ever be clusters due to a little bit of law stating there must be a language for each version so quit dreaming of a cluster.
I dont think its teh law but actually a license agreement between Mythic and Goa saying they have to have an english speaking server. This is ofc something they could sort by opening a new empty english server that no one will ever touch and then cluster excal/pryd with .de servers.

Regarding the english client on german servers the only problem ive seen so far is to pay your rent.

Anyway, this is old and has been discussed in thousands (!) of threads.

I dont think it will ever happened. (hopefully im wrong)

Genedril

Part of the furniture
More than welcome to come play Alb (Devon cluster) with me & Killder if your bored mate. I'm still leveling toons atm but i have a spare account you can use ;)

You temptress & harlot!!! Now I have a dilemma....

I'd have to get my own acc. as I've not got Tuth's predilection for borrowing other peoples ;). What's the action like out there?

friky

Fledgling Freddie
Agreed if this got sorted out i would also start again in a heartbeat

Killder

Can't get enough of FH
You temptress & harlot!!! Now I have a dilemma....

I'd have to get my own acc. as I've not got Tuth's predilection for borrowing other peoples ;). What's the action like out there?

The sooner you join us the sooner we can PL you and the sooner you'll find out ;)

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
If that did happen, chances are loads of people would renew, realise Daoc is actually quite shite these days and never play it again :p

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
A merge wouldn't hurt anyone at this stage I guess, would only make things better, even if only a few hundred english ppl decide to resub it means a few hundred ppl more on an already good server vluster = even better.

About char transfears I don't see that happening anytime ever :p ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom