The Christmas Tree thread!

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Everyone post pics of your trees! The tackiest one gets a prize from me! I'll start :

twee.jpg

/edit: Notice our uber poster of Middle Earth above :D

Elcain

Fledgling Freddie
*​
**​
***​
****​
*****​
******​
*******​
********​
|_|​
Elcain.​

Glyph

Fledgling Freddie
IMAG0024.jpg

There we go, i decorated it and you see see some of me in the left side of the picture

Thanks to Chronicle for hosting

Thorarin

Fledgling Freddie
Glyph said:
Very real, just lighted them all there

Better keep an eye on them then, and keep some water close just in case :p

It might be less charming, but electrical candles are a lot more practical and safe imo ;)

Glyph

Fledgling Freddie
They go out by themselves, so its very safe.

We always light them just before unwrapping the presents (we do that in the evening in denmark), then we sit around and unwrap and talk until the lights goes out...then ppl go to bed or to their computer ;)

Mishy

One of Freddy's beloved
Glyph's tree > shy's tree imo.

edit: btw, in shy's pic, you can see the tiny present i sent her!

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Mishy said:
Glyph's tree > shy's tree imo.

:( But I wanted a prize :(

*off to make her tree more tacky*

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Glyph said:
They go out by themselves, so its very safe.

We always light them just before unwrapping the presents (we do that in the evening in denmark), then we sit around and unwrap and talk until the lights goes out...then ppl go to bed or to their computer ;)

Only 55 minutes till we can open our presents!!!

Thorarin

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm, we always did it in the evening of the 25th, nerf :(
I'm not sure when most people do the presents thing here in the Netherlands, not everybody even does presents, because we have Sinterklaas on the 5th of December.
That's pretty much the origin of Santa Claus and Christmas presents anyway, maybe combined with Chanoeka.

Thorarin

Fledgling Freddie
I didn't really bother putting up my fake mini tree this year..
Would mean I'd have to clean up first :rolleyes:

Oh well, will be off to admire some parental unit trees the coming 2 days :)

Filenotfound

Fledgling Freddie
Thorarin said:
Hmmm, we always did it in the evening of the 25th, nerf :(
I'm not sure when most people do the presents thing here in the Netherlands, not everybody even does presents, because we have Sinterklaas on the 5th of December.
That's pretty much the origin of Santa Claus and Christmas presents anyway, maybe combined with Chanoeka.

never haerd of Chanoeka or Sinterklaas any more info on this woudl b g8 :)

Merry Xmas

etcetra

One of Freddy's beloved
Well, presents was opened last night..
Wooho, thefun! <3

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
Sinterklaas=Dutch custom. An old man rides on his horse over the roofs with his Black Minions, handing out presents to all the good kids and the bad kids he puts in his sack and takes wif him to Madrid, Spain :eek: Anyway, tis on the 5th of December, so loads of parents just skip Christmas pressies.

Thorarin

Fledgling Freddie
Aye, and Chanukah is an old Jewish custom where everybody gives eachother gifts, also around Christmas time.

Encyclopedia.com said:
Hanukkah (Related: Judaism)

(khä´neke, -nookä) , in Judaism, the Festival of Lights, the Feast of Consecration, or the Feast of the Maccabees ; also transliterated Chanukah. According to tradition, it was instituted by Judas Maccabeus and his brothers in 165 BC to celebrate the dedication of the new altar in the Temple at Jerusalem. The festival occurs in December near the time of the winter solstice, as does Christmas, and lasts eight days. Hanukkah later came to be linked also with a miraculous cruse of oil that burned for eight days, leading to the practice of lighting special Hanukkah candles, one the first evening, two the second, and so on. The eight-branched candlestand (menorah) used in that ceremony is a frequent symbol for the holiday.

Ele

Fledgling Freddie
Thorarin said:
Aye, and Chanukah is an old Jewish custom where everybody gives eachother gifts, also around Christmas time.

I have started my own personal custom.

Everything that smells of chocolate gets opened (and quite possibly consumed) on Christmas Eve..the rest gets opened Christmas Day morning.

Kalgarn

Fledgling Freddie
Tareregion said:
Anyway, tis on the 5th of December, so loads of parents just skip Christmas pressies.
hmm,strange.that's on the 6th here in belgium.silly dutch ppl ;)

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
Well duh. Cos 5 dec. he leaves Holland, and on his way to Spain, he goes past Belgium and ditches the remaining presents there!

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Thorarin said:
I got me a tree after all, I bet it's the biggest of all :)

merry_christmas_2003.jpg

That really is the loveliest tree I've ever seen!

Killed my poor mum's 56k modem tho :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom