The christmas present thread!!!!

moomin

Fledgling Freddie
I hate, loathe and detest shoppping I'm a lazy lazy person. :clap:

So it would be good to see what you are all getting for christmas and/or any good offers on presents that are cropping up

(i.e. I got wii zelda for £20 at argos instead of over £30)

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
there is too much emphasis on presents imo. i think christmas should be about getting the family round, getting pissed and falling asleep in the front room. instead, were put under pressure to buy expensive gifts and go into debt.
personally i buy presents ONLY for my mother, father and my best mate. everyone else can FOAD of mince pie overdose.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
there is too much emphasis on presents imo. i think christmas should be about getting the family round, getting pissed and falling asleep in the front room. instead, were put under pressure to buy expensive gifts and go into debt.
personally i buy presents ONLY for my mother, father and my best mate. everyone else can FOAD of mince pie overdose.

Tris for Prime Minister!

Damini

Part of the furniture
ASDA are doing a little hand held fan for £3 that you can programme to display messages. I'd already bought one for Kenny for christmas, but he bounced towards me today when we were shopping, clutching one and looking very pleased with himself. I told him he couldn't have it, but he wouldn't take no for an answer, so I had to let him know he already had one and I wasn't just being a draconian wifey type. Surprise ruined, I handed it over this evening.

He's already programmed it to blow cool air in his face, and spell "arse" at the same time, for some reason.

That's the only bargain I know of at the moment.

Damini

Part of the furniture
I'd rather doing my Christmas shopping in October, than have to go when everyone is actually deranged in the shops, and stampeding very slowly to the tills to the tune of Slade.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I am going to convert to islam two weeks before christmas i think

JBP|

Part of the furniture
If you want a bargain this Christmas do your shopping at 4:30pm Christmas eve.

Your choices may be slightly limited,but you will however be able to do a little haggling.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
LOL JBP. You are making some huge assumptions there. Will anyone have stock of anything that you want left on xmas eve..... Will you be able to get to the tills before you die of old age.... Is the shop stupid enough to discount something on the one day that anything sells no matter the price.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Well it works for me on a yearly basis.

My plan works along these lines,

1. Decide which presents you want to buy a month or so in advance.
2. Make a back up list for presents you might might not be able to get (although you usually can, unless it happens to be this years "must have" present.)
3. Choose which shops you will be getting your items from (try to avoid major chain stores if possible.)
4. Time your shopping so that you get to the last store at about 4:50 on Christmas eve.
5. Congratulate yourself on a job well done.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
i really need to start looking at stuff because i have to do all my xmas shopping on thursday.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
I only buy presents for my kids and myself.

Brought the kids already. No money left for me. Oh well maybe next year.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Shut the fuck up about Christmas. It's bad enough that it exists, let along having to hear (read) about it months in advance.... GET SOMETHING ELSE IN YOUR LIFE. Ahem. :D

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Wolverhampton obviously don't give a rat's ass about Christmas, they put the same tired old decorations up every year. Some horrible gawdy light 'things' that they string above the roads in the city centre. They always put them up earlier than anywhere else and they're always hideous - I think they keep them under the 'council staircase' or in the 'council broom cupboard', they look tattier and tattier each time they drag them out. :eek:

The ones outside the Bullring were quite nice last year though... at least they splash a bit of cash around when it comes to decorating Birmingham.

moomin

Fledgling Freddie
Good god, you lot are a bunch of miserable ***** :p

:rolleyes:

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'll participate if you post more... cos the avatar still rocks.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well me and my bro buy every year, the same way, our Santamas presents.

One shop, cash, all gifts from that shop, out.(preferably a store that wraps).

Simple, easy, efficient. Also since we buy them together, we save the trouble of buying everyone two gifts :flame:

I don't think Santamas is about presents though, nice enough to get/give stupid stuff, but other people of the family aren't that "non gifty". One cousins partner(of all people) actually threw a hissyfit 'cause we didn't start giving presents like they did in their family. And she was around 30!

Piss off.

It's about family..no wait... friends...no no...about stuffing your tummy with all kinds of yummy! :clap:

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I just want to be happy and I also want Xmas to be over....then I will be happy.

Wouldn't mind a pic of Wpkenny in his pants though, and god knows if anyone is up to that challenge Damini is!

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Best website for random christmas shit has to be Firebox.

I've already got my eye on prospective presents. :D

My dad will love one of these: Mini Icon Canvas

Nate

FH is my second home
what a great site, now I want everything! I wonder if them helicopters are gonna come out bigger so they can carry things and allow me to be ultimately lazy :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom