The Chase!

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Hi everyone,

I've been in two minds about posting this, but here it is anyway:

YouTube - The Chase - CBR600F

I bought a camera a few weeks ago and I've managed to fit it to the handlebars of my motorbike, since doing this I've recorded a few journeys, and decided to make a video of one.

I tried just putting music to it like alot of the others, but then I found that was a little boring and I hated ending it with just a fade to black for no reason, so I added a few cheesey effects and music to fit (hopefully), and made it into a bit of a 007-style car chase scene :)

Like I said, I've been in two minds about posting it because I dont want to get flamed for driving bad :( but then just as I finished it last night/this morning I thought "what the hell" and decided to post it here anyway :) Atleast everyone really does think I'm a bad driver, I can get some constructive critisism :)

Anyway, there we go. Its the first youtube video I made so I wanted to see what people thing, I'm hoping to make a 'better' one at some point but I just wanted to see what people think of the effects and overall style on this one first.

Calo

Part of the furniture
Seems like really fun to drive that bike :p

James bacon to the resque!

Damn, i really wanna drive a bike now :(

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Was about to say Ha! you took the wrong way around the roundabout... but then i remembered that you drive on the wrong side of the road over there :(

Looked like a nice sunday ride on the countryside :)
Thanks for the lift :D

Uara

Part of the furniture
Damn you Dukat, now i want to learn to ride a motorbike :D

Dukat

Resident Freddy
lmao, my mum just found the video on youtube and sent me an email telling me off for driving too fast :mad:

IM SORRY MUM! :(

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
That was a bit close at 6.38 when that Fiesta turned right as you were overtaking the Corsa!!!

Fuggz

Fledgling Freddie
Fuck sake slow down! Nearly gave me a heart attack. Sod that.

I've had a few bikes in my time and my favourite was an MZ 250 so you can see where I am coming from. Bloody loved that bike. Dink dink dink dink. A bike with real character. Rode it up to London and back in a day as well as blasting around the city which was a real eyeopener. Siezed up on me coming off the motorway near to where I live. Dipped the clutch and coasted to a halt and let it cool down. Unsiezed and away I went. What a bike! Had other bikes too such as a yam 650 and suz 550 but the best of the lot was the mz I reckon as it was so different.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
That was a bit close at 6.38 when that Fiesta turned right as you were overtaking the Corsa!!!

Its one of the things about the camera that makes it hard to pick out details that I could see at the time :)

At the point where the white car goes to turn I've slowed down enough to stop fairly easily, but I take the orange one for a few reasons - firstly because I know I can get past him before he can get to the point where he wants to turn off, secondly because he's not indicating or in a position on the road that would point to him wanting to turn off. At no point did I intend to take the white car for obvious reasons - he's turning off :)

It does look a little bit hairy in a way, and I admit if I had a pillion on the back or I was on a driving test I'd probably not have done it, but at the end of the day there was no hazard caused nor any real danger involved in what I did :) Even after all thats said, I guess I agree that I was a bit overreager at that point, lesson learned and all that :)

If you compare that one singular situation with driving down a motorway in gridlock/slow moving traffic, in the rain, at night, for several miles(a situation I found myself in a few weeks ago), it doesn't seem quite as bad perhaps. I filtered down 3 lanes of traffic with lane-changers and people doing all kinds of crazy stuff in thier lanes and that potentially becomes a little bit more dangerous - at the time I was fairly tentative about doing it until another bike showed up, so I tagged along behind him :) I'm not saying that this makes my over-eagerness right, but it should hopefully explain it a little bit.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
/slap for music choice.

But I enjoyed the footage. Makes me want to get a bike more & more!

Dukat

Resident Freddy
/slap for music choice.

But I enjoyed the footage. Makes me want to get a bike more & more!

haha :D The next one will be a bit different - better music etc :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom