• would just leave it, don't care.

Votes: 10 14.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Thorondorito said:
The world, as it is now, it's a shit.

Islamic terrorism, USA conquering countries, countries mocking USA, adults forcing sex with kids (or buying/selling pics of them), people dying due to lack of food & water while their governants live like kings, contamination, nuclear disasters, natural disasters... And the list goes on and on...

the world is shit but is your life shit? im just being a realist here. i reckon its highly unlikely anyone here thinks of the above things on a day to day basis. or even at all untill something prompts them to.

its safe to say none of the above things are going to affect me or the choices i make. if it comes down to buying something i want or giving all expendable income to a charity, i choose buying something i want.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Nobody here is thinking properly.

I'd first want to see the schematics of the button to validate that such a button is even remotely possible to build. Not to mention profitable. Noone would build a button without some agenda.

Then i would want to talk to the constructor of the button, making sure that it was built on the proper schematics of the button, for the lack of a better term, at hand.

Then i would want to talk to the legal representatives of the button, accompanied with my own, to make sure that the button in question actually WILL end all. Never can be too sure with buttons. What if it ended just me instead? I wouldn't know that all was ended.

Then i would like to meet the inventor of the button to discuss with him if the button was meant to end it all, or was he just swindeled out of his invention and the polarity of the button switched from "start all" to "end all".

Then i would ask of the less meaningful questions. Location of this button, what it was connected to, the powersource of it and would the button itself disappear too. How would the button know when to disappear? What if the button was designed wrong and the button ends all starting from point 0, in other words..the button. Without the button nothing could end. Except the button. The color of the button, and so forth.

And finally, and certainly not least-ly, and i can't stress this point enough...i would ask for a blowjob from Angelina Jolie, just incase all forementioned sections were satisfactory and i might consider pushing the button.

noblok

Part of the furniture
Thorondorito said:
Bah, I would press it with no concience charge tbh
You would kill every single living creature on earth without any conscience problem? Kill your parents, friends, lots of newborn babies without any conscience problems at all?

The simple fact that you're still alive proves that although the world may be shit, it's still more fun to live than it is not to live. At least for you, for someone who kills himself this is not the case, but at least he hasn't got the arrogance to decide the question for everyone else as well.

If you hold this view: Do you think murder is morally aprovable as well? After all, it's the same thing, but only on a smaller scale.

Gins

Loyal Freddie
noblok said:
If you hold this view: Do you think murder is morally aprovable as well? After all, it's the same thing, but only on a smaller scale.

This is not the same thing AT ALL..
There is a big diference with killing someone, who may or may not have family/friends.. caring about him, or pushing the button wich makes it all end.

This has nothing to do with concience problems at all, as your concience kicks in after you did something right?
Thing with the button is you won't even know you did it as it will be push <zap> over.

Most of you not pushing it would't do it out of moral issue's i guess?
Well isn't it more human to end life of both those who have a good one atm AND those that are living in war, hunger, pooverty etc etc
than just carry on like this? As the ones with a good life you ended won't even know its over, and the ones with awfull life's are put out of there misery as well.

The above is not my personal motivation to push it tho, but might be convincing to those that would't do it.

noblok

Part of the furniture
Gins said:
This is not the same thing AT ALL..
There is a big diference with killing someone, who may or may not have family/friends.. caring about him, or pushing the button wich makes it all end.
That isn't usually considered as the main reason as to why killing is wrong though. The most used reason is that everyone has a right to live. Except in some cases, where capital punishment is defended, but in those cases the one to be killed has done something seriously wrong, which can't be said from every single person.

Anyway, according to your logic: "killing is bad only because it causes (emotional) harm to the people who love the murdered person," there's nothing wrong with taking a person cut off from all social contact and kill him (a homeless person e.g.). It would even be morally admirable if you decide to use his organs to save another life from someone who is loved by other people.

This has nothing to do with concience problems at all, as your concience kicks in after you did something right?
Thing with the button is you won't even know you did it as it will be push <zap> over.
Not really, before you push the button you consider whether it'll be worth it. You take a moral position. Your conscience can play up before and while performing the action. An example of this could be when you give in to peer pressure and decide to do something you actually think is wrong. If you don't call that conscience, but something else, it's just a misunderstanding and you can read "conscience problems" as "moral problems".

Well isn't it more human to end life of both those who have a good one atm AND those that are living in war, hunger, pooverty etc etc
than just carry on like this? As the ones with a good life you ended won't even know its over, and the ones with awfull life's are put out of there misery as well.
No. Who are you to decide that someone needs to be 'put of of his misery'? If these people decide that they'd be better of dead than alive, they'd kill themselves. The fact that they don't proves that they don't want to be put out of their misery. You aren't doing anyone a favour by killing them, except maybe a handful of people who are no longer capable of killing themselves and want to die.

Gins said:
The above is not my personal motivation to push it tho, but might be convincing to those that would't do it.
What is your motivation then?

Gins

Loyal Freddie
Not gonna Quote all things you said but as said before, ok nobody has the right to take away other ppl's lives, but if you see this button you also have to make a choise about other ppl's lives, using your logic not pushing the button would be wrong as well as than its you deciding over those ppl.. ( you have the choise to push it or not, and surely you can't be 100% not pushing the button is the right thing to do.

Also the handfull op people you mentioned i would be doing a favour would be worth pushing the button.. as i did them a favour by doing so, and did no harm to anyone else by pushing it, as nobody would realise everything has ended.

And the thing about ppl not happy with there lives should kill themselves is bs, you honestly believe in country's at war atm ( for example) everyone alive is happy with the way things are going?
Nope, but killing themeselves might only make things worse for there relatives/friends etc. and they might be thinking about them, therefore not commiting suicide.. but would push the button :p

just push it already :(

Gins

Loyal Freddie
noblok said:
What is your motivation then?

The fact that i might someday ( and i'm sure i will) encounter something in life wich will not be fun at all..
and nope, the little pain i might have from whatever that has happend will not be worth the fun i had when i left the button untouched, as i won't miss this fun when its all gone anyway.

Gamah

Banned
Gins said:
The fact that i might someday ( and i'm sure i will) encounter something in life wich will not be fun at all..
and nope, the little pain i might have from whatever that has happend will not be worth the fun i had when i left the button untouched, as i won't miss this fun when its all gone anyway.

O_RLY-EmoRLY.jpg

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
if some idiot actually invented a button that would destroy earth I think it would be about time that the earth be destroyed.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Thorondorito said:
check your location... now he's called Alan :D

btw, some time ago I pressed the "if you press me no more RvR whines will ever appear" button and it never worked too ;)
I refuse to let Tears Die and become Alan!

Lethul

FH is my second home
is it acceptable to murder someone who wont be missed by/will affect anyone then?

i find it scary people would even consider pressing it. fucking emo's would kill us all if they got the chance! :p

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I agree this thread is full of Emo's.

Gins

Loyal Freddie
Gamah said:

What emo? i'm not emo at all, as i said i'm living a great life and all.. ( might have missed the memo about when you qualify as emo tho) gamah you'd push it yourselve, why? :touch:

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Think i would push it just to test if it true that all those things would happen :D

Thorondorito

One of Freddy's beloved
noblok said:
You would kill every single living creature on earth without any conscience problem? Kill your parents, friends, lots of newborn babies without any conscience problems at all?

The simple fact that you're still alive proves that although the world may be shit, it's still more fun to live than it is not to live. At least for you, for someone who kills himself this is not the case, but at least he hasn't got the arrogance to decide the question for everyone else as well.

I think you are taking this out of context tbh.

No, murder is not in any case morally aprovable. This has nothing to do with people suffering with pain and anhilated or tortured.

Just push a button and nobody will notice it, just all ends.

Sooner or later that will happen anyway without pressing any button.

And to tris- :

It's nice to live in your own bubble thinking 'hey, that's not gonna happen to me, so Im happy'

Not all of us think the same, at least me.

Thorondorito

One of Freddy's beloved
Eeben said:
Think i would push it just to test if it true that all those things would happen :D

You will never ever notice it anyway :)

PS. well you will in case it fails :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Jeremiah said:
Sort of.... I was more along the lines of people discovering the meaning of life! :)

well, that one is easy. u live to die ;) and the sooner the better hehe

noblok

Part of the furniture
Gins said:
Not gonna Quote all things you said but as said before, ok nobody has the right to take away other ppl's lives, but if you see this button you also have to make a choise about other ppl's lives, using your logic not pushing the button would be wrong as well as than its you deciding over those ppl.. ( you have the choise to push it or not, and surely you can't be 100% not pushing the button is the right thing to do.
Not at all. By choosing not to push the button, you choose not to influence their lives, thus not violating their autonomy.

I hope I can make clear that killing someone's wrong - even if nobody would notice - with the following example. You're travelling through Uganda. You meet a former child soldier who has escaped. He tells you all of his friends and family have been murdered; he is litterally socially isolated. Would you argue that there is nothing morally wrong with killing this boy?

Taking above example further: you take the boy with you to a hospital. They urgently need a liver to save an alcoholic's life. This alcoholic does have relatives who would mourn if he died. Would you say it is your moral duty to kill the boy and steal his liver to save the alcoholic? (assuming this is technically possible)

Also the handfull op people you mentioned i would be doing a favour would be worth pushing the button.. as i did them a favour by doing so, and did no harm to anyone else by pushing it, as nobody would realise everything has ended.
Analogue with this: someone lives in poverty. He does not know that there are people with a better life than him. This means he doesn't miss anything, since you cannot miss things you don't know (except physiological needs). This doesn't mean that you shouldn't help him though. He won't miss anything if you decide not to help him, but he will be happier when you decide to help him.

My point is about future (or possible) happiness. By pushing the button you people their future happiness. The fact that they won't know that they're missing out on happiness doesn't really matter.

noblok

Part of the furniture
Thorondorito said:
No, murder is not in any case morally aprovable. This has nothing to do with people suffering with pain and anhilated or tortured.
Then surely pushing the button can't be morally approvable as it means you kill millions of people? Note that you said it isn't approvable in any case, so 'mercy killing' and the lack of pain when being killed 'the button way' aren't an excuse.

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
Wouldnt push it, I wants to see my son grow up. Besides, Im too nosey about what will hapend next ;)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
comon u ppl. admit that u'd push it fgs. i mean, how can u resist *not* to? :) its just to good to pass up on ;)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Rhana said:
Wouldnt push it, I wants to see my son grow up. Besides, Im too nosey about what will hapend next ;)

blunt speaking, things will happend and then u die :p

/edit: or as that goth dude in vice city says: Life sucks then u die xD

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
blunt speaking, things will happend and then u die :p

/edit: or as that goth dude in vice city says: Life sucks then u die xD

I wasnt refearing to what will hapend if I push it (that was obviosly clear), but what will hapend tomorrow, next week... a year from now... what will become of my son when he grows up.. ect ect... To me, life is good.. Pointless to end something that I enjoy experience.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I wouldnt push it, I want to see my kids grow up and see what their kids will look like.

I want to see man land on Mars, or at least take the first steps towards it.

Switching it all off would just be a waste of a few thousand years of evolution, and we've got so much still to achieve

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom