Votes: 16 23.5%
  • would just leave it, don't care.

Votes: 10 14.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gins

Loyal Freddie
Imagine,
A regular day at work/school/home/whatever and someone you don't know commes to you to show you this "button".
Now the thing about this button is, when you push it, EVERYTHING will end.
just lake that, zap, al over, the world, universe, everything.. like pulling out the plug of your television..
Nobody will even realise it, just all over. No horrible death's, no ppl will be missed, nobody left behind, just all gone never to be back ever again..

Now would YOU push this button?

Reason why i'm asking is last night rather drunk in the pub we came up with this button thingy ( dunno how), asking ourselves and each other to push it or not.
Now me and a mate were the only one's who would push it without giving it any thought's at all, i mean c'mon why would you not? its not like anyone would know/feel anything about it etc ? i can't understand why anyone would not push this button..

Don't think i'm depressed or anything eh, i'm actually enjoying my job,i have a verry nice girlfriend, loads of friends and overall a nice life. Work hard during the week play hard during the weekends.. All you can want really.

I'm not playing DAOC anymore but just can't get over the fact that only me and a mate out of just about 12ppl that were at the bar last night would push this button, so thought i'd ask here :)

You can say stuff like " but still so many things i wanna do etc.." but once the button is pushed you won't realise that you never done em eh, its just all over..

/discuss

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Just kill yourself then everyone can get on with their lives. Life is a gift. No one person has the right to arbitrarily end it on a whim.

Gins

Loyal Freddie
Lamp said:
Just kill yourself then everyone can get on with their lives. Life is a gift. No one person has the right to arbitrarily end it on a whim.

No thats the thing, not a chance i would ever kill myself as
1) i would leave to many ppl behind beeing angry at me for doing such a thing
2) have no reason to kill myself as i'm overall verry happy with my life
3) it might hurt :p

But the thing with the button is nobody will know life has ended, nobody will miss anything, just all over..
This is not some kind of "weapon of mass destruction launching rocked" button eh, not only the earth but the entire universe and everything we ever heard off will just be deleted. push and instantly over..

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Lamp said:

but imagine how pissed they would be ;)

i'd probably do it just for the chance to spite the whole world at once >.<

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Gins said:
But the thing with the button is nobody will know life has ended, nobody will miss anything, just all over..

aww, then whats the fun with it? :( cant push the button without somebody getting pissed at it :/

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
I wouldnt do it, think of all the lives you would prevent from ever existing and the things that could have been will never be!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Jeremiah said:
I wouldnt do it, think of all the lives you would prevent from ever existing and the things that could have been will never be!

u mean 3:rd world war, nuclear(sp?) winter, elvis comming back and stuff like that? :p

Gins

Loyal Freddie
Jeremiah said:

Nobody will ever miss not beeing born tho?

And, on the other side, thing of all the lives you would prevent from ever existing and all the horrible things they might encounter in life?

The same thing

Thorondorito

One of Freddy's beloved
Bah, I would press it with no concience charge tbh (well if I press it there's no concience anymore bat hehe, its just an expression)

The world, as it is now, it's a shit.

Islamic terrorism, USA conquering countries, countries mocking USA, adults forcing sex with kids (or buying/selling pics of them), people dying due to lack of food & water while their governants live like kings, contamination, nuclear disasters, natural disasters... And the list goes on and on...

Of course there are some nice things but as I know both (the good and the bad) I would press the button because the bad things break the balance by far.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Should name it to "the Button of pwn"

and yes, I would push it, not like anyone would care if it worked. But I have to see what it realy does

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
You'd probably get an error message "The Button servers are temporarily down. GOA appologises for the inconvenience. Please check back later"

Bahumat

FH is my second home
its all bollocks it dont work, yesterday i pressed the "if you press me no more polls will ever appear" button and it never worked!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Bahumat said:
its all bollocks it dont work, yesterday i pressed the "if you press me no more polls will ever appear" button and it never worked!

I pressed the "no more responses in poll threads" but that didn't work either.

Gins

Loyal Freddie
Bahumat said:

Lets just presume this button of pwn actually does work!

And yes.. also the hoff would die..

Thorondorito

One of Freddy's beloved
Bahumat said:

check your location... now he's called Alan :D

btw, some time ago I pressed the "if you press me no more RvR whines will ever appear" button and it never worked too ;)

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
u mean 3:rd world war, nuclear(sp?) winter, elvis comming back and stuff like that?

Sort of.... I was more along the lines of people discovering the meaning of life! :)

Gins said:
Nobody will ever miss not beeing born tho?

And, on the other side, thing of all the lives you would prevent from ever existing and all the horrible things they might encounter in life?

The same thing

You'd be taking away people's dreams of having a family life and all the great things that come with it (No sarcastic responses now!! There are some things that are great about it!). I dont think the concern of protecting bad things happening in people's lives is a valid reason for preventing them from living at all :)

Then theres the dreams of those who are already living... You'd be stopping them from ever acheiving their dreams! Like someone who has searched for their parents all their life, found them and about to give them their first ever hug and *zip* life ends... - the emotional journey they've been through is now meaningless!

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Never would. Its a matter of respect and conscience.

It is not, nor will it ever be up to me to decide the fate of others. The way I see it, its a matter of a power rush. The ability to decide yes or no on such a huge matter is something that would make every single human in the passed/present/future ask him/herself: What if?!

But no, I would never do it.

/Dracus

Thadius

Part of the furniture
deedee2.gif

;)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Thad, repped =D

I think for the sake of humanity, it would have to be pressed.... No one would do it on purpose, george bush just likes shiney red things.

ian_heaps

Fledgling Freddie
You might aswell push the button yourself, better that than some spotty little kid coming along and switching your lights out.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i bow down to peer pressure all the time so if someone else told me to press it i probably would

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Only a worm would press the button. This is the reason the world is in the shit its in. People thinking they know what is right for other people. Go ahead and try and press the button I'll whoop your ass first!!!!! :p

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
I would destroy the button, and if that didn't work i'd imprison it deep under the earth, for a high level adventuring party to discover 1000 years later. :p

Thorondorito

One of Freddy's beloved
Calaen said:
Only a worm would press the button. This is the reason the world is in the shit its in. People thinking they know what is right for other people. Go ahead and try and press the button I'll whoop your ass first!!!!! :p

so not pressing it its the right thing to do? just because you say it? ;) are you telling us what to do or not to do? :touch:

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
Can't we make it so pressing the button just eliminates all the so-called intelligent races & the potentially intelligent races without a trace of their ever having existed?

Be part of the solution by eliminating the problem!

Gins

Loyal Freddie
OohhoO said:
Can't we make it so pressing the button just eliminates all the so-called intelligent races & the potentially intelligent races without a trace of their ever having existed?

Be part of the solution by eliminating the problem!

Well i must say we didn't give it an awfull lot of thought last night, let alone comming up with all kind of buttons :p

Just the fact that anyone would not push the button of mass destruction is beyond me

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
OK. I have considered it, & done almost all the things I ever wanted to do. Now where's the button so I can push it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom