The Brit awards

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
After watching the Brit awards last night it just shown what type of rubbish is being churned out when bands like the Darkness & BUsted are getting Multiple awards.

Shows like crap idol etc must be having some affect on the shite coming out

Nice to see Duran Duran though. :p

mank!

Part of the furniture
I cried when Busted covered Teenage Kicks and got half the lyrics wrong.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
The "Julia Roberts" of the music world, that blonde bird from No Doubt singing Rich, shocking performance and a terrible voice, nothing Missy Elliot could do afterwards made up for it.

The only bit I watched really, and I caught a massacre of my favourite Cure song "Love Cats", so I cried a lot last night.

The Darkness will always be "Queen II".

mank!

Part of the furniture
Holy fuck, who covered Lovecats? I'm glad I missed that.

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
More and more covers, more recycled classics as they are clearly running out of original ideas and the original songs they come up with are 90% utter fucking crap.

The Darkness are a bunch of cool guys and have their own original good songs... they wrote them alone and they can play their instruments and actually sing/put on a good show. I am liking The Darkness less and less because of how mainstream they have become, I guess they are a victim of their own sucess somewhat. I think they are good and I enjoy their music but if I hear their name or their songs too often I will get aggrivated and dislike them :/

Fair play to them though, of all the shit that was on there last night they deserve the awards surely... even if you dislike them they are clearly the best of a bad bunch.

As for Busted.. is it me or do they make the same motion of 'playing' the guitar all the way through the song... so thats 3 guitars playing the same tune ? gimmie a break... They appear to have about as much ability at playing guitars as Blink 182 did... Their voices/songs are so fucking awful.. I'm glad I had the TV on mute so I didn't hear the total cack that was probably streaming from their mouths and has destroyed so many innocent peoples view of a good song... argh total fuckwits.

While we're on the subject of shitpop has anyone seen the new TOTP.. is it just as cack as the previous one? I saw an advert for it on beeb 1 ages ago and they were asking for people to call in to vote for one of two songs that v.beckham had done and they'd show the one that won... sounds tripe.. :p

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
Good God, the Brit Awards.....

Whenever I see something like this it's a struggle to withhold my fury for long enough to make me actually sit through it.

Shit covers by shit bands presented by vapid has-beens and vacant wannabes. Missy Elliot was her customary cool self. Shame they got her in with Gwen Steffanininini and that other one though. Try as she might, there's just no way you can polish a turd.

No surprises in the awards either. The Darkness were always going to walk away with a bucketload. White Stripes beating Outkast for best International was a surprise though. Shame really as I thought Outkast probably should have edged that one on the strength of each bands last album. All just a giant pat on the back for the industry really. As per usual.

If only the Brits had stuck to the low production values and z-list celebrity presenters of the first ceremony. At least it would be entertaining. Mick Fleetwood and Sam Fox presenting an awards ceremony? You just couldn't make it up :D

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
If anyone cares it was Katie (?)Melua and jamie cullum doing love cats in a jazz....nice kinda way.

As for the darkness, I class them as a good laugh and I really enjoy the album. (even if my mate lost it :eek: )

SilverHood

FH is my second home
All the voters seem to be teenage girls.
Total farce... got nothing against the Darkness, they do some good stuff, but deserving of a brit award? Hardly. I'd thought Muse, or Radiohead would have been more deserving of the best rock act and best British group.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
The Coral should have won best album, without a doubt the best album of 2003 from anywhere imo.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
xane said:
The only bit I watched really, and I caught a massacre of my favourite Cure song "Love Cats", so I cried a lot last night.

While clearly wrong on so many levels - it was certainly an interesting take on "Love Cats" - sort of uptempo Frank Sinatra swing style, which actually suited the song if you could put Robert Smith out of your mind for a couple of minutes.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
I like the original, and it took a good minute of hard listening to realise it was the same song.

It was not even "jazz", it was pure crap, if you want to "jazz" a song then get Jools Holland, at least he's got some credibility behind him whether you like his current music or not.

Sar

Part of the furniture
I really enjoyed it last night (except for the likes of Busted natch).

The Darkness rock your britches, and you all know it.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I heard Muse's performance of Hysteria was excellent tho - proof that there are at least some decent artists at work in the UK music industry.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
mank said:
Holy fuck, who covered Lovecats? I'm glad I missed that.

Was that twat who likes to spank his piano and that bird who sings about being 17 even tho shes 22.

They butchered it true and proper.

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
It's all cack nowadays :(

Still, I do quite like watching The Darkness, if only because I like catsuits.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Muse weren't that great. A few off bits here and there, and not quite timed to perfection as usual.

By their standards I thought it was poor. Which, still shits on most other bands live stuff.

Moving Target

Fledgling Freddie
I actually agree with Wazz on this onem I didn't think Muse were too great, but then again after seeing a band live seeing them on TV does seem rather tame in comparison.

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
Aoami said:
The Coral should have won best album, without a doubt the best album of 2003 from anywhere imo.

Fucking hell.... If the Coral nicked my car I'd be offended. If they won an award, I'd have to kill myself.

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
Moving Target said:
I actually agree with Wazz on this onem I didn't think Muse were too great, but then again after seeing a band live seeing them on TV does seem rather tame in comparison.

Muse are abysmal. Bloody stupid arseholes who have, lyrically, not progressed beyond puberty. The poor mans' Janes Addiction. Nince-Inch-Nails for bulemics.

Curse them.

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
Muse are a poppier, more pompous form of Glam Metal. They aren't grea musicians, they are terrible lyricists and probably don't dont have one original idea between them.

There's plenty of talented artists working in the british music industry, just none of them would choose to appear on the Brit awards. Muse did so, in order to selll a few thousand more albums to 13 year old dickpigs who dress in black.

Moving Target

Fledgling Freddie
Gurnox said:
Muse are abysmal. Bloody stupid arseholes who have, lyrically, not progressed beyond puberty. The poor mans' Janes Addiction. Nince-Inch-Nails for bulemics.

Curse them.

They're enjoyable though.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
One of the things I like best about Muse is the pompousity. I enjoy their stuff I don't regard it as groundbreaking.

I used to fuck Alison Foster behind the Science Lab too, she was a good fuck, nice tight minge, nothing amazing though and I wouldnt ever take her home to meet the folks. Enjoyable though.

You get my drift pilgrim?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
xane said:
The Darkness will always be "Queen II".
That kinda comparison still sickens me each time I hear it, I dislike the Darkness :(

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
Xtro said:
One of the things I like best about Muse is the pompousity. I enjoy their stuff I don't regard it as groundbreaking.

I used to fuck Alison Foster behind the Science Lab too, she was a good fuck, nice tight minge, nothing amazing though and I wouldnt ever take her home to meet the folks. Enjoyable though.

You get my drift pilgrim?

So Muse are the equivalent of some fifteen-year-old slapper with a potential STD?

Don't ever call me 'Pilgrim' again......

mank!

Part of the furniture
It's only taken you nearly 4 months to reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom