the box of delights

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Any one remember this? quality kids show from 1984 (OMG!) bit along the lines of narnia or shoe box zoo, that kind of thing.

Any hoo theyve just released it on dvd and i got it from the library the other day wow what a christmassy blast from the past, would highly recommend it for all you duffers out there whos looking for a bit of xmas nostalgia, those of you who dont remember it its probably not worth watching because youd just be like Oo wtf???

and i still think tv was better back then even if the special effects were a tad erm *cough* rough.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Seeing as I was born in 1985, anything that happened before that time is obviously a clever fabrication designed to try to make me believe I'm not the center of the universe!

Button moon was the best though :(

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Ahahaha, Button Moon! YAY!

PF_334184_999~Button-Moon-Posters.jpg

Just realised the one on the far right is a bleach bottle!

And the ship was a heinz beans tin! :(

gawd, not seen it in so long!

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Ahahaha, Button Moon! YAY!

PF_334184_999~Button-Moon-Posters.jpg

Just realised the one on the far right is a bleach bottle!

And the ship was a heinz beans tin! :(

gawd, not seen it in so long!

The third one in from the right is mohamed.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Sorry Ez, I've accidently hijacked your thread :(

TALK ABOUT THE BOX OF DELIGHTS YOU HEATHENS!

I havent watched it, so you're going to have to tell us all about it, including a theatrical re-enactment of the theme song! :D

Ezteq

Queen of OT
*wierd plinky plunky music, flashes of a punch and judy show, centurion, hern the hunter and some wierd animated wolf*

basicaly it starts with a boy coming home for christmas in 1930s england by train, he looks up to see two peculiar clergymen sat opposite him who try to get him to play cards, at the station he encounters a strange but kindly punch and judy man and his dog barney then gets in the car with his guardian Caroline Louisa to go home for buttered eggs!

enter punch and judy man again to tell Kay (the boy) that "the wolves are running!", more strangeness and people with sparkley rings (rings on their fingers... dirty sods!) and strange messages, devious clergymen who are not what they seem and a magical box that when opened shows you all sorts of cool stuff if you slide the button on the front left you go small right you go swift (and fly Oo).

animated scene of a run thrugh the forrest with hern the hunter stags, ducks and fish then back to reality where... shock horror only two minutes has passed!

theres all kinds of other stuff like a kind but incompetant police chief who likes magic and recommends a possit, a car that turns in to a plane, an ice skating mouse, a friend called peter who calls stuff that sucks the purple pim!

and if you want to know more... watch the effing show lol my fingies are tired now :)

p.s. <3 button moon, i have a poster of it over my bed

Rubric

Part of the furniture
No, no. Chocky >>>> all.

Chocky rocked. I used to rub my eyes until you get that yellow aura around a black spot when you look around and i used to pretend it was Chocky.

Oh happy days.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
heh, i used to press my eyeballs hard in the bottom side of each eye and stars would appear when it had hurted enough

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
The BBC film of Box of Delights was really great. The book's a nice read too.

Mey

Part of the furniture
We're off to button moon, we followed mr. spoon, button moon, button moon!

Vae

Resident Freddy
Along with the Muppets Christmas Carol, the Box of Delights is something I have to watch every Christmas as it's really good and also sets the Christmas mood just right :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom