TV The Borgias

Helme

Resident Freddy
Oooh, it's out.

So gonna watch this, Jeremy Irons owns. Ownnnnnnns.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Cool, some good stories to be told in this one, hope they can pull it off.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Looks decent enough. *adds to pile of stuff to watch* :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Just watched the first two episodes. Was hooked from start to finish. Got the other seven episodes to go, looking forward to the rest!

Confirms what I have always thought though, the Catholic Church is so fucking corrupt and evil.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Yeah this was a fantastic first season, they've renewed it for a second season also.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Just watched the first two episodes. Was hooked from start to finish. Got the other seven episodes to go, looking forward to the rest!

Confirms what I have always thought though, the Catholic Church is so fucking corrupt and evil.

I wouldn't say the Borgia's are representative of anything tbh. Wicked people do wicked things.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I wouldn't say the Borgia's are representative of anything tbh. Wicked people do wicked things.

Doesn't matter, ever since I can remember I have always thought "The Church" was corrupt, be it CoE or Catholic. Thankfully now I am an atheist and would rather religion die a horrible death and be out of our lives.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah, I caught the first two on Sky. Really really good. I cba to download it so I'm going to have to watch it week by week :)

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Doesn't matter, ever since I can remember I have always thought "The Church" was corrupt, be it CoE or Catholic. Thankfully now I am an atheist and would rather religion die a horrible death and be out of our lives.

Ah yes, because no atheist has ever been corrupt, done anything bad or mispresented scientific evidence to their own advancement. Glad we cleared that up.

The Borgias represent the Borgias. End of.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Am I right in thinking its the same family they used for the bad guys in the assassin creed games?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
It's OK but everyone is too Hollywood; the real Rodrigo Borgia was a right fat ugly bastard. I'm all for these big HBO historical affairs, but that's one respect where the BBC has always done it better; a tendency to use character actors rather than telegenic ones. Same with the Tudors, Jonathan Rhys-Myers looked the part of the young Henry, but every knows what fat, syphalitic Henry looked like.

Attachments

• portrait-of-rodrigo-borgia-1431-1503-pope-alexander-vi.jpg
    portrait-of-rodrigo-borgia-1431-1503-pope-alexander-vi.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 59
  • Borgias_1981.jpg
    Borgias_1981.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 59

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I prefer good TV to historical accuracy. It's not a documentary.

edit: and that guy playing Rodrigo Borgia is fucking amazing.

DaGaffer

I prefer good TV to historical accuracy. It's not a documentary.

The original BBC version managed to do both.

edit: and that guy playing Rodrigo Borgia is fucking amazing.

You mean Jeremy Irons? "That guy"? Where have you been for the last 30 years, under a rock?

eksdee

FH is my second home
Haha. I thought that. Jeremy Irons is absolutely outstanding in the Borgias though, so I can forgive him not looking the part exactly. My girlfriend has a thing for the guy who plays Cesare. I think he has a funny face, but I would. :D

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
lol :( I dunno, I checked his IMDB and I don't think I've seen much of his work... Die Hard 3 is probably the only one.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Hans motherfucking Gruber.

He was absolutely incredible in Dead Ringers and M. Butterly - both David Cronenburg films.

DaGaffer

Hans motherfucking Gruber.

He was absolutely incredible in Dead Ringers and M. Butterly - both David Cronenburg films.

Simon Gruber (remember, "Simon Says..."?). Hans was Alan Rickman.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Explains why it's new to me also. :p

I thoroughly recommend Dead Ringers to anyone who enjoys Jeremy Irons' work either way, brilliant film.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Jeremy Irons was fucking Scar, the best villain in movie history. Enough said.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
Have you seen my face?!! its so tasty I tried to eat it!

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Just caught the first episode on Sky+, really enjoyed it. I'll defo be watching the rest :D

Perfect timing too, TV has been shit lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom