The Blademaster

C

Chameleon

Re: Speccing?

Originally posted by Selim
Um hiya i wanna stat a BM and im just wondering what to spec in Blades or CD???

Both :)

S

Sigurd

I'm starting to think, judging by this.... blademaster's advantage is they attack faster than the other light tanks, right?

O

old.0xygen

nope, any light tank can be fast, but its stupid to be.

Main thing is a zerk swings every round and the way dual wield spd is worked out is an average speed of BOTH WEAPONS when they BOTH SWING.

For a zerk THIS IS ALWAYS so u could swing a 4.0 weap in one hand and a 2.0 in another hand and the delay would be 3.0.

For Mercs/BMs its exactly the same BUT since we only dual hit roughly 50% of the time its messed up. If the right hand swings on its own then the delay is of the right hand. If only the left hand swings the delay is of the left hand. But if both swing its an average of the 2.

Confusing yes

D

Dorin

dirty tricks is pbaoe aint it? you dont need to target the guy for it.
so it affects a lot of ppl around you :)

O

old.mattshanes

Bms are good as are zerkers and mercs,the people who say they aren't good obviously don't understand the class and aren't comfortable with playing them.No class is gimped,depends what you like really.

O

old.0xygen

Bm/Mercs are now not gimped. But their damage is still lower than their heavy tanks..... which makes no sense

O

old.Hendrick

Bm/Mercs are now not gimped. But their damage is still lower than their heavy tanks..... which makes no sense

That's wrong. In one hit, a polearm or a celtic spear will of course do more damage than my tiny jambiya. But after a few seconds into the fight anybody with dual wield will do more damage.
I can't count the times I have taken agro off people in PvE without using any styles. Also merc/bm/zerker are all three on the fighter damage table like armsmen/hero/warrior I believe. Which means that we can inflict exactly the same damage as they do, depending what weapons we use.

Our damage output is not lower. It's equal at least, if not higher.

O

old.0xygen

Actually our damage is lower.

You see speed also effects the amount of + damage you get from a style. The faster you are the lower your + are.

For example one person uses a 2.0 weapon and their +damage is 20 and another person uses a 4.0 weapon and their + damage is 40.

They use the exact same endurance but since the slower one gives the larger style bonus its preferable.

Then theres the fact that over time means dick in RvR. Frontload damage IS the thing

D

daphatfriar

fully 99%qua crafted & enchanted gear and using 2 serrated lion fangs, my merc can solo slash-weak or neutral oranges with no probs....
Slash-resistant = no chance tho...

My Friar does restistant oranges and heal self afterwards...
With Crush fearing mobs I do reds...

Being able to solo it is one thing - getting up 10 - 30 seconds later to do another one is another thing altogether...

E

eccho

Ive been really impressed with any Blademasters ive grouped with in PvE and RvR: great damage output and ability to hold aggro :D.

Ive actually rolled a BM alt, only lv 9 so far but really enjoying playing him so far. Id be interested to hear from BM's who have specced shield. Im wondering if with high shield, parry and evade if you get hit much, if at all ?. Do BM's get the dodger realm ability also?.

O

old.0xygen

yep they do.

50 shield 50 blunts 28parry evade 3 + up to 15% more evade = evade 6.

Couldnt hit the damn thing lol

S

SilverHood

hmm, I've run into a few BM's

none ever impressed me much.. I mean, if a thane can solo a lvl 50 elf BM, whats the world coming to? Didn't even have to use IP either

O

old.0xygen

....elfs cant be BM's only Celts and Firries

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom