The Bill live - will it work

S

Sharma

Just saw the advert on TV, looks good the only question is, will it actually work?

Looks a bit hard to tell whether its just actors still or it really is the actual bill.

What are the thoughts on it?

T

Tom

Before the advent of broadcast video recorders, most tv shows went out live. Coronation street was originally live.

The problems they will have are:

controlling the location (noise, intruders, etc)
actors timing (difficult when cutting between scenes)
mistakes (ad libbing)
equipment failure (for instance, a lamp blowing)
technical demands (camera framing, boom in shot, shadows, etc)

It should be quite good, its a good test of an actor's mettle, if he/she can perform under that kind of pressure or not.

T

throdgrain

Mate of mine is joining the police after christmas, the only use The Bill has ever had for me is humming the theme tune whilst improvising PC Plod-style walking .
Oh how he laughs :)

L

leggy

More to the point.

Why is the fucking bill still on TV anyway? It is utter utter shit. Miles worse than the abomination that is eastenders and coronation street.

If we banned soaps, the uk population might bring themselves to do something constructive.

M

~Mobius~

Yeah its shit. :( Although the live episode might be fun, I remember Coronation Streets live episode....was kind of odd.

G

Gekul

It's called Billenders now. Total shit in my opinion. Maybe I'll watch the live one, see how it goes.

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by Gekul
It's called Billenders now. Total shit in my opinion. Maybe I'll watch the live one, see how it goes.
I think Bell-enders is more appropriate.

T

Tom

was pretty good imo, a bit of audio distortion on the shouting, but thats to be expected.

C

Cdr

I have to say, I didnt notice *much* difference between the live and pre-recorded - and I think I only once saw the mic in the top of the frame. Not bad. Watched it cos it was the only thing on :(

T

Tom

Well, the most obvious differences for me were the sound quality - better (not as much HF emphasis used), continuity was improved, basically because it was done in real-time, as opposed to over a day or so.

Some shots were slightly out of focus, but only people who work in tv would critisise that.

Bit of a shock that DC dying though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom