The Big Question

S

spacecowboy

Are u a call of duty man or mohaa .CALL OF DUTY + S plays great feels great , maps are ok ( suits sniper players).Onething ive noticed when u kill the enemy it doesnt feel as though u have shot them were has mohaa u feel as if u really have hit them maybe thats just me .MOHAA + s also feels good plays well and i think the maps just edge cod.both great games but i find myself keep coming back to mohaa whats your view the big question are u mohaa or cod .

W

Will

My eyes hurt.

MOHAA just feels really chuggy to me, I never really got into it. While CoD is paced just right.

That alone isn't enough to make a good game. Luckily, CoD seems to have good maps too. Unlike Vietcong, which was a very nice game engine, good mix of weapons, but crap maps lead to it being uninstalled pretty fast.

T

throdgrain

Err Counter-Strike and BF1942 tbh ;)
I own MoH, plus both the expansion packs, but god only knows why, as I never play them :(
Ive never seen any point in MoH multiplayer, it often seems very laggy, and very short on maps too.
I know this probably isnt true if you add the expansion pack maps too, but whenever ive gone on a server, not often admittidly, its always that map where you have to plant the bomb under the bridge.
The player models when running look like ballet dancers ! Loads of servers play DM or TDM (and people here probably know my opinon of that ! ) and a serious shortage of patches leads me to believe - from what Ive read- that theres a fair few cheats about too :(
On the other hand, I think CoD is a splendid game. The maps and models look truly awesome, and the weapon damage is excellent.
If it's going to thrive however , it needs more maps. After playing it quite a lot for the past few weeks, I can see that some of the maps , particularly the russian ones, are far too close up, Im really beginning to dislike them.
Maps like Hurtgen on the other hand, I really like now. Accept that it's a sniper map, and either play as a sniper or rush the enemy with a MP40 and its a lot of fun.
But it needs a reward for planting the bomb / retrieving the documents ! Atm theres no point in doing so, as you get nothing for your efforts. It only encourages people to play TDM on a S&D server.
Sorry for long post, I was bored :)

W

Will

Originally posted by throdgrain
...I can see that some of the maps , particularly the russian ones, are far too close up, Im really beginning to dislike them.
Maps like Hurtgen on the other hand, I really like now. Accept that it's a sniper map, and either play as a sniper or rush the enemy with a MP40 and its a lot of fun.
But it needs a reward for planting the bomb / retrieving the documents ! Atm theres no point in doing so, as you get nothing for your efforts. It only encourages people to play TDM on a S&D server.
Sorry for long post, I was bored :)
And the Russians have the ultimate spray and pray SMG. Handy that.

And didn't you enjoy that community game, teaching people that sniping isn't the only way to play.;)

CS doesn't have an award for planting. I think people aiming for the objective is something that will come as the community matures a bit.

L

leggy

CS does have an award for planting and successful explosion since the 1.6 patch.

3 frags for plant + explosion

3 frags for defusing

I realise that it isn't about personal score in the real sense, but on a public it seems to be one of the more important aspects of the game.

T

throdgrain

Of course its one of the most important aspects of the game , lets not kid ourselves :)
And even before 1.6 at least if you planted the bomb in cs and it went off your team got more money, and so could get better weapons. Thats not the case in CoD.
As Leggy rightly says, a successful plant or defuse in cs nowadays gives you 3 points, and to my mind has actually improved gameplay quite a bit.
Bloody CS older-timers Will :D

C

Chameleon

Erk, moh? Bought it and it's add-ons, but rarely played it after that. Not a good on-line fps for me. RTCW/ET and Q3 occupied my time till CoD ;) Enjoying CoD a lot atm for a few reasons .... the maps are pretty good, most being big enough to not get too dull too quickly, plus the wepeons take some time to master if you try them all and make the game more fun - trying to compete using a slow loading rifle, while others all have smg's or sniper rifles, for example. Maybe it's my imagination, but there seem to be enough people about on the public servers who know what they are doing sufficiently to make for an enjoyable game. Even after the many years of q3, for example, you still get a larger proportion of people who just don't get how to play a TEAM game.
More maps and some decent mods will keep me interested for some time yet I think :)

A

AntiPop

CoD all the way.....mainly because I've never played MOH :D

D

Deadmanwalking

COD, but i hate MOH with a real passion. It is slow, feels like the soldiers are top heavy stick men (Hmm that sounds strange) the weapons all feel the same and is just plain boring.

T

Testin da Cable

hmm, I've played CoD at a mate's house this past weekend, and I must say that I'm quite sold on it :) being a "reality stylee" game and all. now if there only was a portable tac-nuc hand cannon I'd be really happy :)

W

Will

Originally posted by Testin da Cable
hmm, I've played CoD at a mate's house this past weekend, and I must say that I'm quite sold on it :) being a "reality stylee" game and all. now if there only was a portable tac-nuc hand cannon I'd be really happy :)
Panzerfaust 60?

T

Testin da Cable

I really should play the demos I have at home :) I may even get the game as a pre-xmas pressie :)

Users who are viewing this thread