The Beta download.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Tried to download 6 times now, everytime it hangs on 12% and the longest i let it be was 2½ hours while nothing happend. I've been able to download compelete BF2142 withou problem.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I just started D/L last night now on 60% so guess it's working. Might be worth restarting it, maybe d/l file got corrupted.

lerusius

Fledgling Freddie
I think best option if you are having problems is finding one of the numerus torrents out there and start downloading from it, or the less good option, wait for GOA to put the download on sites like fileplanet.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
or just make sure you have the correct ports open

usualy have big problems with torrents, but made sure to open the correct ports before I even begun this time and it went all smooth

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Awesome will grab it tonight if its still available.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
I'm seeding it from work on the quick academic network, uploaded about 25 GB so far. It's still running and I'll be seeding till the pool is empty.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Thanks for the help, got it down in 27 min. :)

Kuldiin

Fledgling Freddie
Heh took me about 4 days :D Gotta love Virgin Media throttling 2mb lines to 1mb and lower...

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
I know :) Nice and helpfull.

omg!.. Took med about 24 hrs to get it from official DL site ^^
*huggles my 100mb line* :)

<jumps up and down excitedly and waves to Koxi and the hoss thief>
*nails Roo's feet to the floor* Now try jumping.. :) And i'm happy to say that they got bucketloads of hosses in WAR. :) mucho dinner for me..

koxi

One of Freddy's beloved
<jumps up and down excitedly and waves to Koxi and the hoss thief>

<waving back, recognizing the dark and unstable magician from the house nextdoor back in wyndham, getting ready to dodge another stray fireball>

Ypnos

Fledgling Freddie
I get "The source file is corrupted" on audio.myp

anyone else encountered this?

MaxxPower

Fledgling Freddie
Thank god for that torrent. The official downloader kept crashing with a C++ Runtime error for me after about half an hour. I could never get my download past about 9%. At that point, whenever I re-opened the downloader it would crash before it even finished checking the files.

Lankey1988

Fledgling Freddie
can any1 help me this torrent just goes so slowly for me :( my downloading is taking weeks

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
you could try kicking out some of your slower peers and hoping you get some fast ones to replace them. can you still do that btw? iirc Azureus could do it?

xceptionzero

Fledgling Freddie
seeing what i get now on lowly 2mb virgin(ntl) connection

will have to perusade missus to go upto 10 or 20.
anyone know a good bribe?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
ooo very nice speeds on that torrent

Btw anyone in the closed beta does not have to download a new client, the old one just gets patched as soon as the patcher comes online

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
i have started seeding on my server line
Will leave it up for the next two weeks (its on the FH tracker)

Thimble

Fledgling Freddie
Up speed 30 kb/s, Down speed 30 kb/s.....2 days to download using BitTorrent 6.1 :twak:

Should I drop it and get uTorrent or would It really be faster? Normally I d/l big files like this a lot faster.

Everz

FH is my second home
Up speed 30 kb/s, Down speed 30 kb/s.....2 days to download using BitTorrent 6.1 :twak:

Should I drop it and get uTorrent or would It really be faster? Normally I d/l big files like this a lot faster.

Don't complain i'm on 1 week to go at the moment haha

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
Im getting 8 kbs down speed on u torrent, will take 1 week and 2 days to download it, using the FH torrent too, not a clue what im doing. Have opened ports but dont know what else to do, ideas anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom